Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to barnswell(Gilmer) next weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
    I’d rather pay up at barnwell than going to Bridgeport. We go to barnwell for days at a time. A few hours at Bridgeport and I feel like I took a beating.
    Barnwell is definitely fun. I absolutely got my ass kicked out there last friday. Flipped my brute force over on a steep climb, got lucky and it caught on the bank, straight up in a wheelie position, and it didn't follow me. Didn't stop me from running/sliding down that hill, thinking it was following me.

Went out to River Run on saturday, in Jacksonville. Brute handles mud a whole lot better than hills.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      I'm pissed at my truck now, with the damn ecoboost engine, nobody makes a mount for a winch, they block the intercooler and I've heard of people having warranty issues. There is one bumper with a winch mount, but it is ugly as fuck, and way too biog for what I want. Goes over the headlights and grill for more protection. I just want a simple winch up front in case I get stuck and need to pull myself out!
      I had this link saved from when I looked into it a few months ago.

From what I understand, there is also a removable mount that you can use that won't interfere with the intercooler as you remove it when driving.

Comment

I'm pissed at my truck now, with the damn ecoboost engine, nobody makes a mount for a winch, they block the intercooler and I've heard of people having warranty issues. There is one bumper with a winch mount, but it is ugly as fuck, and way too biog for what I want. Goes over the headlights and grill for more protection. I just want a simple winch up front in case I get stuck and need to pull myself out!
        Check out the Fab Fours stuff. I run their Premium bumpers front and rear, and they are solid. They do make some fugly stuff, too (Grumper, Vicowl) but just ignore those product lines.

They have this one that's just the winch mount. https://fabfours.com/wp-content/uplo...in_Header1.jpg

And here is the Premium front bumper. You can get it with or without the extra bar. https://fabfours.com/wp-content/uplo...H4552-1_v1.jpg

Comment

Thanks Jose and Jluv!
          I also found a winch tray on Stage 3 Motorsports that looks decent, and is $200
          Just needs a low profile or smaller winch not to block the intercooler, and I think I found one on Amazon for like $560, 9,000 lbs and water resistant.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/46-23835-2015-2018-F150-Westin-MAX-Winch-Tray.html

Damnit, on the winch mount when I searched for an 18... We're sorry, Fab Fours Winches & Recovery Gear are not currently offered for your Ford F-150.

Comment

Damnit, on the winch mount when I searched for an 18... We're sorry, Fab Fours Winches & Recovery Gear are not currently offered for your Ford F-150.
            Hmmm. That's strange. I pulled it right up from their website. That's where I got that pic. 2015-2019, part number FF15-N3250-1.

Building on our reputation for the highest quality and design in the Truck & Jeep market, the Fab Fours’ Winch Mount focuses on strength and durability. This one piece fully welded Winch Mount is easy…

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              Hmmm. That's strange. I pulled it right up from their website. That's where I got that pic. 2015-2019, part number FF15-N3250-1.

https://fabfours.com/product/ford-f1.../#detail_specs
              That is weird! On your link it pull sit up, but shit it is $700! The one I found yesterday is $200

Comment

That is weird! On your link it pull sit up, but shit it is $700! The one I found yesterday is $200
                There's probably a massive difference in quality. Winching/recovery is not a place to skimp, imo.

Comment

Found a pic o=of one on an 18, it is right where the intercooler is... Nobody wants to make a good one for Ecoboost's.

Comment

Found a pic o=of one on an 18, it is right where the intercooler is... Nobody wants to make a good one for Ecoboost's.
                    It would fit though, right? Is the concern air flow?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                      It would fit though, right? Is the concern air flow?
                      Yeah, airflow. I've read some people had issues when they took it in to Ford for warranty work, with them saying it blocks the intercooler. On the website I found, it even says it will partially block the intercooler on Ecoboost models, and to use a low profile winch.

Fitment: 2015-2018 F150.
                      EcoBoost F150s: the winch tray and winch will partially block airflow to your F150's intercooler, and we strongly recommend using a smaller or low-profile winch if you have an EcoBoost-equipped F150.

This link should work. It's $300, not 200! :-)

Comment

Yeah, airflow. I've read some people had issues when they took it in to Ford for warranty work, with them saying it blocks the intercooler. On the website I found, it even says it will partially block the intercooler on Ecoboost models, and to use a low profile winch.

Fitment: 2015-2018 F150.
                        EcoBoost F150s: the winch tray and winch will partially block airflow to your F150's intercooler, and we strongly recommend using a smaller or low-profile winch if you have an EcoBoost-equipped F150.

This link should work. It's $300, not 200! :-)
                        https://www.stage3motorsports.com/46...inch-Tray.html
                        Would a Raptor intercooler relocation kit work? then you would have more choices in bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          Would a Raptor intercooler relocation kit work? then you would have more choices in bumpers.
                          I've read some people do a high flow intercooler that is relocated, but hell, by the time I spend all that money, I could buy a cheaper truck as a strictly off road vehicle!

Comment

I've read some people do a high flow intercooler that is relocated, but hell, by the time I spend all that money, I could buy a cheaper truck as a strictly off road vehicle!
                            Yeah I know, just throwing it out there. Addictive Desert Design makes some nice looking bumpers, but they can be a little spendy.

Comment

Shit, I just found a $10 winch! Just need to strap the parts down in the bed of the truck before heading out each time.

Comment

Working...
                              X