Wrecked/salvage bikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked/salvage bikes?

Anybody ever bought a salvage title/wrecked bike to rebuild?
    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

hobbie was in that business, but he hasnt been active for years

Comment

he is on FB, Justin Bolton, i believe he still works in the salvage business or has contacts there.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Found a website, dashub.com, that has a access to a large selection of salvage bikes.

I was thinking about buying something, fixing it up, and having myself a track bike.

Comment

Crashed toys of dallas seems to sell a lot of "salvage" bikes that look to me like they're just scratched up.
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Crashed toys of dallas seems to sell a lot of "salvage" bikes that look to me like they're just scratched up.

They have several bikes on that dashub site....a 2011 gsxr750 for $900ish....its basically an auction site. That one's auction starts in like 8 days.

Comment

I have a 2003 Kawasaki 636 track bike (salvage title, no street parts) that I haven't touched in a few years and I think I should just sell it. This should be leagal in the CMRA modern classic division and should be one of the lightest and fastest 600 class bikes out there. I was building it up to be a race bike but other projects and life got in the way... and I have a perfectly good ZX-10 I can use for the street and track so I'm thinking someone else might get some use out of this.

The good:
              2005 636 forks with AK-20 internals (needs seals)
              Penske Triple clicker rear shock (suspension sprung for 175# rider)
              2005 636 swing arm, wheel, rear brakes
              2007 R6 Monobloc front calipers and 2008 zx-10r front rotors and wheel
              Brembo RCS front master cylinder
              2004 ZX6RR transmission and slipper clutch (no wheel hop on downshift)
              Vortex clip-ons and rear-sets (left heal guard welded back on)
              Acumen gear indicator
              Kevlar braided front lines
              05/06 cylinder head, decked .015 with new OEM valves and seals
              2005 Kawasaki Kit cams
              Track bodywork (no idea what brand) in primer, pretty good shape
              Dan Moto carbon slip on
              05-08 front fender
              PC III
              Scotts damper mount (no damper, just mount)
              I have a new/unused Pirelli rear track day slick to go with it, but it's 4 years old so I'd avoid using it as a race tire.

The Bad:

The frame is salvage title (I have it) from Arizona and not in my name as I was never going to register the bike anyways. It has a pretty decent scratch in the frame on the top left side over the motor/radiator but it's physically sound. I bought the bike that way and personally never laid it down.
              The engine spun a rod bearing I think as it had a pretty good knock. It will need to be torn down and rebuilt but the head/cams only have about 20 minutes of run time and no track/race days.
              I have TONS of spare/extra parts for it including 2 extra cranks and enough spares to build a whole second motor for it, from throttle bodies all the way down to the oil pan. A few sets of cylinder jugs, transmission, etc... all of it. For someone who knows how to build a motor this is a fairly easy fix and pretty much the only parts you'll have to buy are the right sized bearings and gaskets.
              The battery is dead and will need a new one.

Even though it's not running, given what all I have on it and the value to part it out, plus it's not a difficult fix... I'm asking $2500 obo.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
              X