Any Tesla owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    A friend of mine drove his from Canada to South Georgia last year. He has the SUV looking one.
    Sounds like some butt puckering there
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I may need to have you NASA license revoked on the grounds if insanity. Lol!

Comment

Elon will call you a pedo if you don’t buy his piece of shit cars!!! Or his bs kid sub lol
        Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 07-17-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Lots of haters but I picked up a Model 3 Performance last year, 68k after discounts, absolutely love the car. Instant ridiculous power, great for hauling the family, great for work, awesome sound system, comfortable, after 5 months I'm still thrilled with it. I will say, shitty for road trips though because of the charging situation. Another nice thing, it doesn't draw a lot of attention but it's fast as shit, I can literally punch it right behind a cop and it's not noticed, so I haven't got into trouble (yet) and I'm always wailing on it.
          No oil changes, brake pads last forever because of the regen braking, it's nice reducing my gas engine maintenance by 1 engine as well, speaking of that, I need to change the oil on my 6.7 F350 this weekend ugh.

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

We have a used 15 model S in used cars at work, I've thought about asking to test drive it, but they want way to much for what it is. I'd like a 3 but I've got two car payments all ready. Maybe when I get them both paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
              Elon will call you a pedo if you don’t buy his piece of shit cars!!! Or his bs kid sub lol
              Your electric car is gonna drive itself old man! With no option for manual control. Cause you're old!

WH

Comment

Have you seen what Sasha Anis with Mountain Pass Performance has done with his 3? Very impressive cars...

Comment

450hp, 471 lb-ft torque and all wheel drive in a small sedan. If they weren't so damn ugly I would be jealous. At least you didnt get the model X.

Congrats on the new car. It will be cool when we start seeing "hot rod" parts for electric cars. The RC industry has shown how simple some of the upgrades are and relatively similar to an ICE in principle.

Comment

Its too bad Toyota has decided to go hydrogen. For some reason.
                    WH

Comment

When pricing was released for the 3 I was tempted to replace my daily beater. Once I saw the interior and front end I just can't do it......

Comment

I'm curious on the electrical motors for these? Are they maintenance free? How are they cooled and lubricated? I know nothing about them, so i am curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          I'm curious on the electrical motors for these? Are they maintenance free? How are they cooled and lubricated? I know nothing about them, so i am curious.
                          They're identical to SVOs pool motors...just ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            I'ld be more worried about battery replacement cost and availability

Comment

Interesting to see this pop up, I've got the Tesla on my short list of options to replace the Mustang for daily duty. It's not the best looking or most luxurious option, but 2.4 seconds to 60 in silence is rather appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                                Interesting to see this pop up, I've got the Tesla on my short list of options to replace the Mustang for daily duty. It's not the best looking or most luxurious option, but 2.4 seconds to 60 in silence is rather appealing.
                                The model S is at least the best looking of the bunch. The models is just hideous. I cant believe the released a car that ugly...their designs must be largely dictated by aero/drag coefficients to a degree far greater than any other automaker.

Hopefully when the charging infrastructure is there and times are down they will be able to take more liberties with aesthetics.

Comment

Working...
                                X