No announcement yet.

Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than the tire size throwing off your speedo, nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
      I've used Pirelli and yokohama before...vs each other Pirelli would be a bit better....but I guess I'm a cheap ass cause I never spent insane money on brand name tires anymore after I brought some off brand set in O.C and they lasted as long as top brands and ride quality was the same.
      maybe on a loud car you wouldn't notice the difference. When i worked at the Honda dealership, i had SEVERAL people bitch about the road noise etc...on used cars that people traded in with cheap tires on them. I put a set of continentals on my girls TL and there is more road noise than the with the michelins that came on it, and the michelins handled way better. i can only imagine if it had some cheng shin gt's on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
        maybe on a loud car you wouldn't notice the difference. When i worked at the Honda dealership, i had SEVERAL people bitch about the road noise etc...on used cars that people traded in with cheap tires on them. I put a set of continentals on my girls TL and there is more road noise than the with the michelins that came on it, and the michelins handled way better. i can only imagine if it had some cheng shin gt's on it.
        My BIL said the same thing about those two tires on his Caddy CTSV.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          My BIL said the same thing about those two tires on his Caddy CTSV.
          yea. i will be switching back to michelins when the time comes. for the price though the continentals are a great deal. i paid 500 for all 4 shipped.

Comment

To each their own...never really noticed a difference on the Caddy's....I guess I have my music on to loud all the time....
            Originally posted by Da Prez
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Same on my CLS. Falkens were much louder than the Contis they replaced. Replaced the Falkens with Hankooks and got back to super quiet tires for half the cost of Contis.

Comment

tirerack.com saved me about $130... They even ship to the intall place if you want...

Comment

Stay away from Goodyear. I HATED mine. Too noisy, wore down too fast, and overpriced.

If this is for your Expedition, I have Michelin LTXs on mine and I love them. They aren't cheap though.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                    name brand to me is not important...they are all the same....
                    I thought/did the same too until I paid the money for some good tires (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus). You truly get what you pay for when it comes to tires.

Comment

Anyone know of any deals going on right now?
                      Just bought 2 for the cobra and only ran me $360. I don't know if that's much of a deal though. But it's what I wanted!!!
                      Originally posted by Vertnut
                      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Stay away from Goodyear. I HATED mine. Too noisy, wore down too fast, and overpriced.

If this is for your Expedition, I have Michelin LTXs on mine and I love them. They aren't cheap though.
                        My dad had a dodge 2500 that came with some variation of those michelin ltx tires. Lasted 80k and there was still a good amount of tread left when he replaced them with another set.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

I have goodyears. I know not to ever get them again. This is for my 2001 Tacoma.

See "whats eating my tires".

This is the second set of tires that has been warped on my front end. The first set was an all-terrain that endes up with nots down the middle. The set below is wore on the inside on both tires. Alignment isnt off. I want to say it is balljoints, but i dunno. I rotated the tires yesterday, so the tires are on the back in the

The tires are about 3 years old and already have dry rot and are warped to shit. I am almost positive I have bad balljoints, which caused a bad vibration and warped them. But dry rot in a little over 3 years is just shitty.

My plan is to get some good tires on, fix the balljoints, and get an alignment. Maybe it will be like new again.

Comment

I recently bought some Hankook V12's based off of the reviews I read on them....so far I'm really impressed. Tirerack was offering a $80 rebate on a set too.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Junioropolous07 View Post
                              Screw NTB and Discount Tire.. I order from Tire Rack and have my friend up at the Ford house put them on, for FREE!!! Hahaha buy him a 12 pack and do a few hundred dollars worth of work on my car off the clock..good times back in the shop haha

We were messing with my exhaust one day and randomly changed my tranny fluid and did an oil change hahah, all free of charge..badass high school friends. FTW
                              hahah I know what you mean!!!!111 hahahahahahaah lolz hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Bibendum > *

Comment

I have goodyears. I know not to ever get them again. This is for my 2001 Tacoma.

See "whats eating my tires".

This is the second set of tires that has been warped on my front end. The first set was an all-terrain that endes up with nots down the middle. The set below is wore on the inside on both tires. Alignment isnt off. I want to say it is balljoints, but i dunno. I rotated the tires yesterday, so the tires are on the back in the

The tires are about 3 years old and already have dry rot and are warped to shit. I am almost positive I have bad balljoints, which caused a bad vibration and warped them. But dry rot in a little over 3 years is just shitty.

My plan is to get some good tires on, fix the balljoints, and get an alignment. Maybe it will be like new again.

Do ball joints and alignment before you spend money on new tires. If you don't, it's just going to chew up the new ones too
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X