If anyone in ur family has asthma.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone in ur family has asthma.

If any in ur family has asthma hold them close tonight. Earlier today for the 3rd time in his life my little brother had to be care flighted to a hospital due to a severe asthma attack he is in ICU at Harris a machine is breathing for him but the outlook is positive. Any prayers would be appreciated. Y'all have a good night.

Prayers sent.
    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

prayers sent, my daughter has asthma

Comment

yup. my wife has it. She almost died twice. Once was because of being stuck on an airplane that had a dog or cat on it, the other was ignoring the symtoms too long.

She manages much better now and hasnt had an issue in over 12 years.

Glad he is gonna be ok !!
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I feel badd for him he's had it rough this makes the third time plus he had a stroke when he was just 5 years old.

Comment

prayers sent, I feel his pain. I have asthma and I have gone to the ER 3 diff times because of it. I now have a nebulizer and I use it quite a bit. for those of you that don't know a nebulizer is the little air pump that you use albuterol with. basically the same treatment you get when you go to the hospital.

the last month or so has been HORRIBLE for me.

best of luck to you and your family
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Hope he is okay.

Comment

Definitely something that hits very close to home...

One of my best friend's sister (who I knew all her life) died due to an asthma attack when she was 12. She was at a birthday/sleepover party and had a severe attack. The kids told the birthday girl's mom when she stopped breathing... None of the kids thought it would was that serious. She died in the ambulance.

Best of luck, asthma is nothing to mess with.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

prayers on the way, I have asthma myself....
                  2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Inhaled corticosteroids should be taken twice daily every day...this will keep you out of the hospital...and grave. Hope your brother makes a full recovery.

Comment

My daughter went to Children's ER last week after the doctors office; for her asthma not responding to home dosage medications. The doctor office dosages didn't work either so she had to go to the ER. They finally got her under control after a little over half a day in the ER. We have been doing two puffs of her inhaler every 4 hours since. Until follow up this week. This last visit was only a couple days away from being exactly 2 years since her last visit there.

My son is on a daily preventative since pretty much birth. He has been off an on his whole life. We are constantly giving nebulizer treatments all throughout the fall, winter, and spring seasons. He also has had a couple visits for severe attacks as well.

Having grown up with it and still having flare ups once in a blue moon I can definitely feel for anyone with it. Prayers to your brother and anyone else going through this!

Comment

Get a Chihuahua. I have no clue as to how it works, but they do. My wife has asthma and we were spending hundreds of dollars monthly and sometimes weekly. The Dr. told her to get a Chihuahua, so we did. I have heard this before but always thought it was a wise tale. We have had our Chihuahua for 3 years and my wife has had 2 attacks since, and they were not bad.
                        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                          Inhaled corticosteroids should be taken twice daily every day...this will keep you out of the hospital...and grave. Hope your brother makes a full recovery.
                          Do you happen to know how accurate the sub $100 oximeters are for monitoring blood oxygen levels? Seems like every time we make a doctor visit for sever breathing complications that we are in the low 90's. I would like to know a little sooner than that if the treatments are not helping to improve my little ones. Last week my daughter started off the doctor visit at 95%. 2 years ago she started of at Children's ER at somewhere around 85% and stayed in the mid 90's for two days before finally getting backup to 98-100% and being released. very stressful 3 day stay.

Link to what I am talking about:

Last edited by 2K2 LS1; 10-24-2011, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                            Get a Chihuahua. I have no clue as to how it works, but they do. My wife has asthma and we were spending hundreds of dollars monthly and sometimes weekly. The Dr. told her to get a Chihuahua, so we did. I have heard this before but always thought it was a wise tale. We have had our Chihuahua for 3 years and my wife has had 2 attacks since, and they were not bad.
                            Interesting! My wife loves those lil damn dogs. We may have to try this. We have ripped out all but 2 rooms of carpet in our house and tried to eliminate all asthma attack triggers in our house.

We have had to quit baseball mid season due to asthma as well as missed 2 weeks of cheer leading this year with my kids complications. I had it pretty bad along with allergies as a kid. The only sport I could really participate in was the swim team. Something about the chlorine, and the oxygen at the water level of the pool that is good for asthma sufferers.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              I have had asthma my entire life and used pretty much everything(albuterol, ventolin, preventatives, prednisone, nebulizer, etc...).
                              One of the biggest things that helped me out is ADVAIR(corticosteriod).

I've been there...caught a severe case of pnemonia and had a 74 oxygen saturation and almost died walking/gasping myself to the hospital.
                              I remember passing out a few times and laying there in the grass, just looking up at the stars thinking how beautiful they were.
                              Prayers sent up for your brother!

Comment

Working...
                              X