I'm sick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sick.

Since Big Dad's picture of the '54 Chevy he posted in the Random Picture thread, I can't get it out of my head. I NEED another one.

I'm going to put a fresh coat of primer on the '66, put the Dynamat in the floor along with some carpet, and sell it.

When my wife and I were just dating, my daily driver was a '54 Chevy 2 door post that was a super nice car. The way life goes, I lost interest in the car and got rid of it. Worst. Mistake. EVAR.

Now, I'm actually leaning more towards the '53, because the the grille/front end is growing on me.

I'm always worried about leaving my paint stuff in my truck in a parking lot somewhere for fear of someone seeing it in the back of my truck thinking it's a box full of tools and stealing it, only to find out it's a bunch of paint and brushes and throwing the shit away. That's over $1,000 in paint, brushes, etc. If that were to happen, that would devastate me.

On the other hand, all of my paint supplies/boxes would fit in the trunk of a '53/4 and be "out of sight, out of mind", as they say.

So, I just thought I would say, I'm sick. I have the old car disease. It's the best sickness I've ever had. My problem is, my sickness isn't limited....I like all kinds, years, and styles of cars.

What is the car you can't live without getting another one ? Or maybe the one that got away ?

-Aaron

'55 f100. My opportunity came to get one for next to nothing but I didnt have the space, money or time to take advantage of it.

Comment

I would keep the truck and just save up cash to buy the 53/54 Chevy.
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
        '55 f100. My opportunity came to get one for next to nothing but I didnt have the space, money or time to take advantage of it.
        I'll take that 55 !!!
        07 GT500
        05 SRT10
        88 turbocoupe T-bird
        93 Cobra
        86 coupe
        Ducati 848

Comment

You should have bought my 54 3 years ago. That thing was in good shape.

The only 2 cars I've owned that I really miss are my 57 Bel Air and my 69 Charger. I actually really loved my 01 Cobra, also, but it just didn't have the icon mental image that the other two did. Been thinking about picking up another 57 some time the next year or two. The Charger is just too cost prohibitive at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
            What is the car you can't live without getting another one ? Or maybe the one that got away ?

-Aaron
            I got ride of my 59 Galaxie about 2 years ago... while I was at Good Guys this year I called the guy up and worked a deal and got it back

I'd also like to have my turbo rail back, other then that the rest I wouldn't spend money to get back
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

My '57 Chrysler is the car I've always wanted. The '57 DeSoto may be a little better looking stock, but it won't be after I'm done with my Chrysler.

The only two other 'bucket list' cars I have are a '59 El Camino and a '59 Ranchero. Really. Good thing I have reasonably affordable taste. lol

I've never gotten rid of anything that I can't live without. I tend to keep stuff for a long time though.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Pretty sure I'll never let go of the fastback. I loved my 05GT, but I think one Mustang is probably enough. I tell you what, whenever I sell my 03 G35 sedan, I'll be majorly sad, but chances are good that I'll just buy another one exactly like it that's been babied and has lower milage. Fuckin' love this car.

But for old stuff, I feel like I have to get a 61-63 T-bird, even if I lie to myself and call it my wife's car. I'd love a shoe box Ford. I've spent untold hours looking at Model A roadsters for sale. It's just coincidence that those are all Fords. Those early 50's Chevys are like a beautiful blank canvas for hot rod/kustom expression. I want to mount a 57 Olds to the wall, put a frame around it and call it art. Aaron, I loved your Riv. Love to have one of those too.

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                  I would keep the truck and just save up cash to buy the 53/54 Chevy.
                  Eh, I'm not married to the truck. It was just something I could get into cheaply, do some work on, make it look cool, and go to riding.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  You should have bought my 54 3 years ago. That thing was in good shape.
                  I wish I were in the position to buy it back then. I would have loved to have it. Where did it end up going ? Somewhere down south, wasn't it ?

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                  I got ride of my 59 Galaxie about 2 years ago... while I was at Good Guys this year I called the guy up and worked a deal and got it back
                  Yeah man, very cool deal. Glad you got it back. I don't think I've ever seen the car in person.

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Aaron, I loved your Riv. Love to have one of those too.
                  Ya know, I always really wanted a Riviera, and when I found that one, I think I kind of had tunnel vision because there was a ton of things that needed attention on that car and I wasn't looking at it all.

I think that kind of killed it for me, because I worked on that damn car waaayyyyyyyyy more than I got to drive it. Then, after I got it drivable, it still needed body work, paint, and the interior completely redone. I was over it by then.

There's a '53 on the HAMB/eBay that is flat brown with a cream roof that I've been drooling over. That car is pretty much what I'm looking for. I don't care either way about the air bags, but it's a nice plus because it's already had a Mustang II front end and SBC put in it. When the truck sells, I will be on the hunt for the right car. Of course, it always seems that when you have a pocket full of money, the deals are nowhere to be found.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                    Yeah man, very cool deal. Glad you got it back. I don't think I've ever seen the car in person.

Thursday night Sonic in Carrollton... I'll be there
                    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

My 54 ended up in Austin. The guy is putting a SBC, airride, and gambino notching kit in it. Looked pretty far along the last time I saw it on The HAMB.

Comment

I have a problem with 2nd gen firebirds. I have a 79 that can't decide what it wants to be and I am too busy with kids to work on it anymore. I should sell it but I know I would want another and they are getting stupid high for rust free ones.
                        Originally posted by Sean88gt
                        As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

Here's my old 54 Aaron. The guy has really done some amazing work, but I wonder if he lost some steam. Hasn't been updated in awhile. Hell, if it had all that done to it while I owned it I wouldn't have sold it. hahaha

Got the motor and tranny in plus installed the Gennie Shifter I got from Alex! This thing is starting to look like a car!!!!:D [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]...

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                            Thursday night Sonic in Carrollton... I'll be there
                            I'll try to make it out there.

My 54 ended up in Austin. The guy is putting a SBC, airride, and gambino notching kit in it. Looked pretty far along the last time I saw it on The HAMB.
                            Here's my old 54 Aaron. The guy has really done some amazing work, but I wonder if he lost some steam. Hasn't been updated in awhile. Hell, if it had all that done to it while I owned it I wouldn't have sold it. hahaha

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...=369342&page=1
                            You're right. Looks like he hasn't updated it in a while. Wonder what the current status of it is. Looks like be doesn't want to sell it though, based on his reply to your post last year. LOL !

-Aaron

Comment

Too much slow in this thread.

You sold a slow green car to build a slow truck to buy a slow chevy.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X