No announcement yet.

Irving Mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Park in front of beltline where Sears is at and you'll be fine.

Pussy.

They have a full bar there also and the recliners are comfortable as hell.

*edit

Just saw you're in Sherman. Yeah, it's not worth the drive unless you live close by.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

The theater is very nice. The rest of it is a flea market, stinks, a/c never works, etc. AMC has a full bar and every seat reclines fully.
      As others said, park on Beltline side.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I went there once.

True story.

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
          No, not really. I was just looking into a recommendation from a friend. I'll probably end up going to Stonebriar, or just staying here in Sherman.
          I don't know what amenities that AMC is touting, but ya, Stonebriar is nice, or the Cinemark on Legacy (XD screen). Heck, even the Cinemark on 121 before Stonebriar is fairly good. Sherman's Cinemark ain't the best but it's pretty decent and you're saving near $5 a ticket in general over the metroplex. Go to a matinee in Sherman and really save the dough, too.

Unless the Swedish bikini team is giving you back rubs and serving you beer while you watch the movie, dunno what'd be worth driving near 2 hours for a movie in questionable area.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
            Park in front of beltline where Sears is at and you'll be fine.
            This. I normally park near there and depending on what time I arrive I'll walk through the tool section of Sears just to look around.

They have a full bar there also and the recliners are comfortable as hell.
            Can't say I remember any other AMC theater having the power recliners but they are comfy and the aisles are also a little bit roomier. I don't going there because of this unless I want to see something in IMAX.

Just saw you're in Sherman. Yeah, it's not worth the drive unless you live close by.
            This. Why would you want to go all the way to Irving? For me it's not that far and I really don't have a close option anyway. I wouldn't say the area is REAL bad but I'm not a pussy either (plus I pack a gun ). The food court there sucks but if your hungry it suffices. There's also a Hooter's across the street as well.

Comment

If you are in Sherman, the movie Tavern in Denton is pretty nice and will save you 45 minutes driving time...although still a good ways from you.

...and yeah, Irving Mall has always been shit hole.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post

There's also a Hooter's across the street as well.
                I don't know if that Hooter's has opened back up yet after the fire.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Hooter's is back up, at least it was for lunch.

AMC is great, but that's the only place I go to in the Mall except Sears. Always park on the Beltline side.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    This. I normally park near there and depending on what time I arrive I'll walk through the tool section of Sears just to look around.

Can't say I remember any other AMC theater having the power recliners but they are comfy and the aisles are also a little bit roomier. I don't going there because of this unless I want to see something in IMAX.

This. Why would you want to go all the way to Irving? For me it's not that far and I really don't have a close option anyway. I wouldn't say the area is REAL bad but I'm not a pussy either (plus I pack a gun ). The food court there sucks but if your hungry it suffices. There's also a Hooter's across the street as well.
                    I've come out of there around 11pm a few times with no issues. Walked around the mall one time and I certainly did get a flea market vibe. I wouldn't eat the food in the mall even if you paid me to. Theres also a wingstop a few blocks south beltline and a firehouse sub across the mall.

I would recommend going online and checking seat availability before heading there. You will be able to choose which seats you want if you get them online. It beats waiting in line only to find out 95% are gone.
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      When did they have the fire? Its been open for the past few weeks I've driven by there. I haven't stepped foot in that place since the Rangers went to the world series.

Comment

When did they have the fire? Its been open for the past few weeks I've driven by there.
                        It is re-open. They were shut down for a while because they kept having to bring more stuff up to code from what I have been told.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                          Hooter's is back up, at least it was for lunch.

AMC is great, but that's the only place I go to in the Mall except Sears. Always park on the Beltline side.
                          I forgot all about the fire.

Comment

I've come out of there around 11pm a few times with no issues. Walked around the mall one time and I certainly did get a flea market vibe. I wouldn't eat the food in the mall even if you paid me to. Theres also a wingstop a few blocks south beltline and a firehouse sub across the mall.

I would recommend going online and checking seat availability before heading there. You will be able to choose which seats you want if you get them online. It beats waiting in line only to find out 95% are gone.
                            I can't remember what movie it was (maybe the last Riddick movie?) but it was the first time I had been there the reclining seats. Anyway when we bought tickets they had us pick the seats we wanted at the box office. Also if you order online or at the ticket pick up screen they have you do that. I think it's smart and I like the fact that I can get a seat I want and if it's to full I'll wait for another showing.

Comment

Last time I went to Irving mall they screwed my 87 LX Hatchback up pretty good trying to steal it. Broke the driver's side quarter window, tried to break the ignition switch to start it, destroyed the ignition switch and part of the column in the process. They decided to take the stereo instead by prying it out of the dash destroying a good portion of the dash and ac controls. Funny part is they left their Waste Management work shirt in the car after the break in with their name on the pocket and written inside the collar. The Irving PD from the substation in the mall took 45 min to respond. They were able to get good prints that they later matched to the name on the work shirt. I called 6 months later and they still hadn't done anything other than run the prints because they were to busy. They pretty much had the case gift wrapped for them and did nothing. This was about 7 years ago and I have never been back since.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                                I don't know what amenities that AMC is touting, but ya, Stonebriar is nice, or the Cinemark on Legacy (XD screen). Heck, even the Cinemark on 121 before Stonebriar is fairly good. Sherman's Cinemark ain't the best but it's pretty decent and you're saving near $5 a ticket in general over the metroplex. Go to a matinee in Sherman and really save the dough, too.

Unless the Swedish bikini team is giving you back rubs and serving you beer while you watch the movie, dunno what'd be worth driving near 2 hours for a movie in questionable area.
                                Basically just the seating and the fact that you can choose it in advance. I was just curious, because I was damn sure I'd seen postings of that place being a hive of scum and villainy here on the board. Definitely not making the trip.
                                Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Working...
                                X