Need Tire Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Tire Input

I've got an old ass (2003) Ford F-150 King Ranch, I've had this fucker forever.

I rarely drive it, unless I need groceries, or it's icy, so I've had the same set of tires on it for about 6 years, or longer. I'm usually on a motorcycle.

It's time for a new pair of shoes. I'm curious as to what the more knowledgeable of you guys would recommend. Right now it's riding on a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM

Seems like they've been good tires, I've made two trips to the Tail of The Dragon with them on.

I don't go off-road.

Any input\advice would be appreciated.
    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

I know Nitto makes a nice light truck tire. I recently put a set of Nitto Motivos on my 5.0 and I love them, nice and quiet, pretty sticky, 10.5/32's of tread, 60k mile warranty, made in 'Meirca and a damned nice price too.
    I've been using Michelins exclusively on all my vehicles but after those Pilot Sport AS3's only got 14K & 24K miles on them, I shit canned them and went to the Nitto's.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I've had good luck with nitto's.
      My last set of terra grapplers got 60k out of them and my current set of nitto trails are on track to get the same 60k miles out of them.
      It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

One of the big secrets of tires, DO NOT BUY CHINESE! Some of the "big name"
        places sell you chink wear quicks at a decent tire price. Sure they have the same
        name that came on Chevr ollds mercuford it even has the same name and treas pattern.
        Those most of the time were made here in the good old USA. Car manufactures make
        money selling cars not cheap tires that wear in as above 15K.

The plant code aka. DOT number is on the sidewall of the tire.
        They know it will wear rapidly that is why a tire warranty is hawked so hard too.

Comment

Check amazon

Comment

For trucks I tend to stick with Michelin LXTs and have never regretted it. I can not say the same when I have bought other tires.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Cooper AT3s or discoverer ATRs. I have the ATRs on my 4x4 expedition.

Comment

You can find them on eBay for approx $500 for a set.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen!
                  Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Working...
                  X