Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDC what do you carry and how? Plus scenario.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDC what do you carry and how? Plus scenario.

I liked the you have 5 min to gtfo topic. This will be similar but the opposite.

I'm putting together an EDC setup and want to know what others actually carry.

Scenario. You're in the city. Things go to shit, car breaks down or roads are impassible due to ANTIFA, BLM, KKK scum or just your average rioters / looters due to a protest / EBT cards didn't work / natural disaster, and you need to get home pronto! In my case I probably need to get my kid on the way home too. Wife works from home. So now your on foot with your EDC pack. What have you got?

I don't have much yet but I have some key items and a plan. I also have a way to make sure I always have my sling bag. I put my keys on it. It's always with me.

I'm also thinking about putting a light bolt action rifle in my truck too in case a pistol is not enough.

Now I'm thinking I need to keep a few clothes in the truck too. Sneakers dark carhartt t, jeans... durable and enough to get home. Office attire and shoes ain't gonna cut it.

Let's here what you have and I'll list my stuff and other ideas later. Once you get home you can bug in or out.... but you gotta get home first.

Well I guess my normal edc a good quality pocket knife. My multi tool and my pistol currently glock 19 with an extra mag. I do have a 5.56 pistol I’ve been trying to make into a backpack gun keep it small but still have a longer range weapon than my pistol. First aid kit is always in my truck I have upgraded some of the stuff that came in it to stuff I’m more familiar with thanks to my time on the military. A bag with cloths and water isn’t a bad idea ammo at least 6+ mags Incase it hits the fan and I need to do work. I have a plate carrier I keep I’m my closet that would fit under the back seat of my truck no problems. This is a good topic. Makes you have to really think. What would you truly need and what would just slow you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great topic. I really need to spend some time and put more gear together.

My EDC is an XDS 9mm. I keep an extra mag in the car, and I carry a knife everywhere. My backpack that I take everywhere coaching baseball is in the car too. It has zip ties, a multi-tool, extra shirt, basic first aid, and some cash in it with plenty of room to throw extra stuff in it. There's usually food like protein bars and beef jerky in it too.

You bring up a great point about the rifle. I have a takedown 10/22, and I'm thinking it with 3 or 4 of the 25 round mags would be great to hide in the car. It's not overly powerful, but it would be nice to have in that situation if SHTF and I had to abandon car. I'm going to put some thought into this now and monitor this thread.

Comment

I carry a glock 43. Have a mk18 sbr under the backseat with 15 mags in a bag. Always have a change of clothes and shaving kit. That's about it.

Comment

I carry a bunch on my person daily that will get me through most situations but I carry a bag with a rifle, loaded mags, carry rig, big ass knife, water, 3 MREs, dog food, and pretty serious first aid kit. My grandpa made me start carrying gear when I started driving and I have always stuck with what I was taught.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Right now I have 3 mags a g19, a Swiss Army knife, always have a mini griptilian on me too, a multi tool, a 500 lumen streamlight, a 20oz water bottle, clean socks and an energy bars / snacks in a maxpedition sling bag. I need some first aid supplies, back up contact lenses or glasses in it too. I have my keys attached to the bag so I always have both. You never forget the bag this way. It can stay hidden under or behind the seat if you enter a 30.06 place.

I may look like a goober carrying a man pack but with the shit going on in our cities now, I'm not so concerned what others think. I hope I never get stuck in said shit but I'm not going to let some retard crowd beat me to death or my family.

I'm looking for good ideas to add. Some cash and a change of clothes is good. I need a truck gun too. Any recommendations on good personal first aid kits would be greatly appreciated.

My wife used to give me shit, but I've lost count of how many times having a knife, simple tool, or flashlight has been handy over the years. I also have a 4d cell mag light in my truck and a full tool bag at all times and jumper cables.

I'm also going to put a shortwave radio in my pack (a small one) and get one for the wife. Using the ham network you can get a message to someone when cell towers are in overuse or down. I need to finish getting my ham license too.

Comment

+ any pack should have 3-4 days worth of high-calorie food bars like used on Everest hikes. The amount of energy making a big urban walk is going take a lot of energy especially if there are any needs for escape and evasion

+ 2-3 days worth of Modern freeze dried meals

+ pack some treats because the psychological bonus they give

+ 3-4 days worth of bottled water, camel pack with bottled water filler attachment and a life straw shit happens like losing or trading away water

+ Asprin, because you are going to be sore from any walk especially when carrying 3-4 days worth of water

+ change of clothing

+ extra socks

+ lighter and fire starter, toss in a biolite2 camp stove https://www.bioliteenergy.com/products/campstove-2 for the power benefits

maybe a solar charger https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger.../dp/B012YUJJM8 since its lightish in weight. I know these don't work well if you are not getting direct sunlight on the cells

+ whistle

+ compass

+ hammock, mosquito net, bug spray/wipes, heavy duty sun screen protection

+ several large waterproof bags, if you have to get wet you need to be able to waterproof your gear

+ emergency radio with ear bud

+ handful double headed nails

+ Fatmax utility bar, dead-on wrecking bar or trucker's friend

+ para cord

+ tourniquets, blood loss powder/bandages, antibiotic ointment, all else is a waste if you don't practice emergency medicine

+ Toilet paper, no need for swamp ass

+ multi tool and a razor cutter, they are less threatening

+ paper maps

Comment

Sig check
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

3-4 days of food and a camp stove? I said get home not gtfo of dodge. My BoBs have that kind of stuff. And I'm not sure how much hiking you've ever done but carrying 3-4 days of water is suicide. Sure it's a "good idea" and in theory it's great; reality teaches you otherwise really quick.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                    Sig check
                    You're stuck in the shit on foot 5 miles from Costco, go.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      You're stuck in the shit on foot 5 miles from Costco, go.
                      I'm the gray man. Not worth anyone's time or effort. I daily conceal carry like most folks here. 9mm pistol usually. Loaded and topped off with a spare magazine. I keep another in my truck and 2 more magazines for it. 5 miles I'm good. If I'm heading to Costco though, it won't be on foot. I won't be alone. I'll be better armed and use better tactics.
                      Last edited by KBScobravert; 08-28-2017, 07:34 AM.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

What do you grab? You're going to potentially be walking miles on end with this gun, pistol, finding ammo, spare parts, etc. on the way. Keeping in mind your life may depend on it. What do you hand your spouse or significant other? Expect your choices to be criticized for the betterment of everyone. Maybe we can learn from
                        WRX

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          3-4 days of food and a camp stove? I said get home not gtfo of dodge. My BoBs have that kind of stuff. And I'm not sure how much hiking you've ever done but carrying 3-4 days of water is suicide. Sure it's a "good idea" and in theory it's great; reality teaches you otherwise really quick.
                          Didn't read your thread well enough thought you were surviving something where law and order has temporarily broken down on a city/regional wide basis and you needed to get home to outlast the event. If its just a protest just wait a couple hours natural order take its course

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                            Didn't read your thread well enough thought you were surviving something where law and order has temporarily broken down on a city/regional wide basis and you needed to get home to outlast the event. If its just a protest just wait a couple hours natural order take its course
                            Well that makes a lot more sense.

Comment

Yeah, I'm suddenly feeling very unprepared after reading this thread. My EDC is my wallet, phone, keys, Benchmade knife, and my Kahr PM-40 either IWB or if I'm wearing boots I tend to keep it in an ankle holster for convenience.

I've got options like extra mags, a Glock 23 that I can carry but it's OWB as my only option currently due to lack of holsters currently. As far as getting caught out in a protest or something I'm not at all worried about that nor would I get out and engage hand to hand or with my guns, I drive a Mustang so people wouldn't dare stand in my way.
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X