DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Home Improvement and Media

Home Improvement and Media Post up any home improvement, home audio, gardening, anything related to your house in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2018, 12:49 PM   #101
hxbernal
Served Time
 
hxbernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs13 View Post
Moving this week. Don't need this at the new place.
where is this mdma located???
hxbernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:56 PM   #102
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxbernal View Post
where is this mdma located???
Isnít mdma a key ingredient in ecstasy?

Lol
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:43 PM   #103
Chas_svo
86 SVO 344rwhp 'n gaining
VIP Member
 
Chas_svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Driving the car that just passed you...
Posts: 4,204
Default

I'll take it, if it's still available.
__________________
13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Daily
86 SVO
'03 F150 supercrew
01 TJ - new toy (gone)
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold, 3/21/13
Chas_svo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:04 PM   #104
dcs13
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas_svo View Post
I'll take it, if it's still available.
Sorry guys, I just left it with the new owners.. They bought the mower too, so I'm happy..
If you want to buy some, check craigslist, theres a shop in Plano that will sell it no questions asked..
dcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:55 PM   #105
hxbernal
Served Time
 
hxbernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs13 View Post
Sorry guys, I just left it with the new owners.. They bought the mower too, so I'm happy..
If you want to buy some, check craigslist, theres a shop in Plano that will sell it no questions asked..
sweet deal...thanks for the heads up.
hxbernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:11 AM   #106
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,007
Default

Everyoneís yard should turn green again!
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:28 PM   #107
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,007
Default

So I bought this house back in March and the lawn was in pretty bad shape, but with fertilizer, a LOT of water, pulling weeds like a psycho meth head daily, and some MSMA for the back yard I think it came our pretty good.. next year should be great hopefully!
image hosting websites


Still some areas that need work but Iím pretty happy
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:31 PM   #108
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,022
Default

That is one hell of a turn around in that time frame!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:40 PM   #109
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
VIP Member
 
bird_dog0347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 2,651
Default

Very nice turn around!

My yard was one of the only 2-3 greenish ones on my block till the beginning of August when we got all the rain. I was diligent all summer and watered and tried hard to keep it nice, the rest of my street was brown. I went out of town for a week and when I came back my WHOLE street had green yards due to the rain... Mine looks awesome now, but not as glaringly different from my lazy neighbors which kinda irks me but whatever, at least it all looks good now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #110
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,007
Default

These were taken 4/1 ish, there was a LOT of dallisgrass in the back yard
imageupload
temporary image upload
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:53 PM   #111
Chili
Joe Blow
 
Chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1975
Location: Euless
Posts: 24,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
...
My yard was one of the only 2-3 greenish ones on my block till the beginning of August when we got all the rain. I was diligent all summer and watered and tried hard to keep it nice, the rest of my street was brown. I went out of town for a week and when I came back my WHOLE street had green yards due to the rain... Mine looks awesome now, but not as glaringly different from my lazy neighbors which kinda irks me but whatever, at least it all looks good now.
Haha, I was really glad we got all of that rain because a couple of my neighbors had all but given up on their yards. But for the most part our neighbors at least keep their yards borderline.. Now if I could get more of them to actually edge when they mow!! I never understood people who will keep it mowed but let it grow all over the curb onto the street. Hell, I'd almost rather that if they were going to do just one, that they'd edge rather than mow! lol

My yard has been looking pretty dang good this year, though I would love it if it were just a little thicker (it's getting there). I have St. Augustine, no sprinkler system, and a lot of trees, so it can be a challenge. That said, all I do most years is water and mow.. I've fertilized it once or twice in the last 10 years, and I do rake it really well each spring (I mulch my clippings most of time). Otherwise, I water it M/W/F for 20 minutes and Sat morning for 10 min (I usually mow Saturdays and it keeps the dust down).

I do water very early (before sunrise), which seems to work best for me. The yard faces East and with all of the trees, really only gets good sun in the mornings.

This was from late May.. Looks a little better / thicker now but I don't have a recent picture.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180526_164846.jpg (99.9 KB, 126 views)
Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:13 AM   #112
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
VIP Member
 
bird_dog0347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 2,651
Default

Looks good man!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:23 PM   #113
soap
I ♥️ 🐄
 
soap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: xbox live
Posts: 5,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
So I bought this house back in March and the lawn was in pretty bad shape, but with fertilizer, a LOT of water, pulling weeds like a psycho meth head daily, and some MSMA for the back yard I think it came our pretty good.. next year should be great hopefully!
image hosting websites


Still some areas that need work but Iím pretty happy
Almost BBQ Gun worthy.
__________________
🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄
soap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #114
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,007
Default

Has anyone ever had luck killing poison ivy thatís growing in Asian jasmine? My dad has a lot growing in there
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #115
Mike K
Lifer
 
Mike K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sachse, TX
Posts: 1,169
Default

I may have let the grass grow too much. However, these new (installed in April) Gator G5 mower blades are MUCH better than the JD mulching blades.

Mike K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:52 AM   #116
cool cat
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,019
Default

How many acres do you mow with that little thing?
cool cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #117
Mike K
Lifer
 
Mike K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sachse, TX
Posts: 1,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
How many acres do you mow with that little thing?
5.3 acres

We were in the process of buying a new house where the previous owner passed away. Probate was supposed to have been resolved, until the day before closing something came up. Wife of the husband moved out of state and has allowed us to move in rent-free until it is resolved. Current closing is now set for the end of October, so I am just making due until it is official.
Mike K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #118
bcoop
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 41,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
5.3 acres

We were in the process of buying a new house where the previous owner passed away. Probate was supposed to have been resolved, until the day before closing something came up. Wife of the husband moved out of state and has allowed us to move in rent-free until it is resolved. Current closing is now set for the end of October, so I am just making due until it is official.
Good lord, does it take you a week?

I mow a buddy's place, 8 acres, on a commercial zero turn in about 3.5 hours, and that's hauling fucking ass. Those riders are sooooooooooo fucking slow in comparison.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #119
bcoop
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 41,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Has anyone ever had luck killing poison ivy that’s growing in Asian jasmine? My dad has a lot growing in there
Nuke it and start over. Roundup has a poison ivy product, but it's higher than giraffe pussy buying it by the quart, depending on how much area you have to spray. It will also take out the jasmine with it. I bought a case of Triclopyr (the active ingredient in the Roundup posion ivy), but I also mix 30 gallons at a time in a trailer sprayer.

https://www.amazon.com/Triclopyr-Com...34476490&psc=1
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:32 PM   #120
Mike K
Lifer
 
Mike K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sachse, TX
Posts: 1,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Good lord, does it take you a week?

I mow a buddy's place, 8 acres, on a commercial zero turn in about 3.5 hours, and that's hauling fucking ass. Those riders are sooooooooooo fucking slow in comparison.
If the grass is a reasonable height it takes me 6-7 hours to do the whole yard. It's about 1 acre per hour, but the back paddock (where the picture was taken) is really rough. The previous owner had horses, so the ground isn't exactly level and I feel like I need a kidney transplant when I am done. We will get longhorns, leaving 3 acres to mow, but again, I can't do anything until I actually own the place.
Mike K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fake grass ftw, svo has perfect lawn

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.