DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Home Improvement and Media

Home Improvement and Media Post up any home improvement, home audio, gardening, anything related to your house in here.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #201
CJ
User is editing post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
Bayer's Crabgrass and weed killer works great. I applied it about a week ago and it destroyed the crab grass that popped up on me in the last month or so.
yeah that's what I've been using, and all it does to my crab grass is turn it purple at the stems. I've been using it with a sprayer for about three years and about the only thing I've seen is it slows it's growth. How many times are you applying it?
Old 07-30-2017, 05:17 PM   #202
zemog
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
Well I put it down initially (I believe) sometime in the fall around late october or so, and then I put more down a little later than normal sometime in around early april. My bermuda does not green until mid to late may.
fall pre is for winter weeds only , crabgrass isn't in this application , Poa annual rescue grass and many broadleaf weeds are main targets with the fall ( put down by oct 1 for north Texas for best results ) . Spectacle is the best although very expensive prodiamine then pendamethalin for fall herbicides.
Late February application is for crabgrass , goose grass etc , ( summer annuals). Green up doesn't matter for pre emergence, dimension herbicide works best if late in applying as it controls early emergence of crabgrass . I use prodiamine in mid February . Hope this helps.
zemog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:26 PM   #203
Goku025
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku025 View Post
Well I got in a pretty bad accident and have been out for about 2 1/2 months my neighbors have been cutting my grass but went from a 1 to a 4 setting. Now that i am back to good health i spent about 6 hours going from the 4 back down to the 1. I need to go get some fertilizer and will be watering it for the next couple of days to help it green up (hopefully). :shock:

My neighbors think im crazy because it was dark green on top but the length was driving me insane!

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since scalping and every 3 days I have been cutting it still on #1. It is amazing just in 3 days how much growth I get, but its finally greening up!

Goku025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:07 AM   #204
SBFORDTECH
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
yeah that's what I've been using, and all it does to my crab grass is turn it purple at the stems. I've been using it with a sprayer for about three years and about the only thing I've seen is it slows it's growth. How many times are you applying it?
I just put down the 2 treatment. The first took care of roughly half of it. I guess I'll keep applying till it's gone. It unfortunately does nothing for Dallisgrass though.
SBFORDTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:10 AM   #205
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku025 View Post
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since scalping and every 3 days I have been cutting it still on #1. It is amazing just in 3 days how much growth I get, but its finally greening up!
This gives me hope for my back yard. We went to Galveston for a few days, when we returned, the bermuda that was growing so well in my back yard looked like a damn cut hay field. I immediately started watering it and got some green back. Now it is daily watering to try and bring it back :/
black2002ls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #206
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER

OK so I'm really happy with the way it came out.. has anyone used milorganite? I did it 2 weeks after summerguard and have been really happy with the results..

Thank for all of the advise everyone helping me get here!

Sorry for the huge pics, not having Photobucket owns me
Old 08-19-2017, 09:41 AM   #207
Mysticcobrakilla
Paterpillar

Looks damn good!
Mysticcobrakilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:47 AM   #208
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
Looks damn good!
Thanks, all the extra summer rain I'm sure has helped a lot! This grass it way more thirsty than my Bermuda out back..

Tags
nay #1 yard in dfw, svo has lawn show, svo sired bermuda