What’s a good indoor antenna?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s a good indoor antenna?

Went to internet only and now need to find a good antenna. What’s everyone having good luck with?

Mohu Leaf. I use a splitter and double them up on each TV. I can pull in EVERY station that broadcasts in the metroplex.

Comment

I've used the RCA flat black panels with good success.

Cut the cord and get all the local channels in HD for free.

The HD reception via antenna is much better than the direct TV HD or cable signal I was getting.
      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Check how far away you are and then compare different antenna. I had good luck with one I got at Best Buy, the Amazon one sucked. Don't recall the brand tho.
        Find your nearest digital TV transmitter with Antennas Direct's mapping tool. It's a quick and easy way to find digital television transmitters (DTVs) nearest to your location.

Comment

My next thing to do. We hardly ever watch anything on cable anymore, only local stuff and that is rare.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            My next thing to do. We hardly ever watch anything on cable anymore, only local stuff and that is rare.
            Sports are a much clearer picture over the air.
            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Is there a way to record items that are recorded over the air? I like to record sports, so that I can watch without having to sit through commercials, replay challenges etc...

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                Is there a way to record items that are recorded over the air? I like to record sports, so that I can watch without having to sit through commercials, replay challenges etc...
                Yes
                Need a DVR to record over the air broadcast TV from an antenna? We look at Tablo, Channel Master, and more to find the best OTA DVR for those without cable.

Comment

Or if you have a slightly older(see last 4-5yrs) quad core pc, you could setup Plex on it and use it for a DVR. https://www.plex.tv/live-tv-dvr/

Comment

I have a digital tv tuner card in both my shop computer and my desktop in the office with antennas on them...and they both can record...its a bit of a stretch but technically I can record whatever is playing...then burn it to a DVD or blu-ray and play it back...havent tried recording to a USB stick or portable hard drive..although most smart tv's that have a USB input might play it.

Comment

i've been happy with this one.

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                      I've used the RCA flat black panels with good success.

Cut the cord and get all the local channels in HD for free.

The HD reception via antenna is much better than the direct TV HD or cable signal I was getting.
                      same here

Comment

The World's Smartest Indoor TV Antenna

The Channel Master FLATenna is a flat indoor TV antenna able to receive broadcast signals from up to 35 miles. The Flatenna has received multiple reviews naming it the best indoor TV antennas on the market.

Comment

An OTA DVR is the perfect Cord Cutter device. Record, pause & rewind live Television from any connected TV antenna with a Channel Master Stream+ or a TiVo Edge over the air DVR.

Comment

There was a similar thread earlier this year I think were I commented that I was on the search for the perfect antenna. I ended up going with the a mohu curve 40 in the living room and GE 24703 in the bedroom. Both are working flawlessly and I've only adjusted each once since putting them up. All the others required constant moving around. They included a $50 monster amplified antenna and a few others I cant remember because I returned them. I will say this, I have a small $10 Stanley non amplified antenna that worked better then all the antennas including the Monster which was huge. I kept the Stanley for putting the tv outside

Like others have said. It all boils down to how far you are from the signal. One of the best antennas money could buy when I was doing my research was the Clearstream brand. I picked up a Clearstream 2 recently from a local facebook sales page but didn't end up using it since the mohu worked so well. I paid $35 for it if you want it

Comment

I am 18 miles from the towers so I bought a 1byone 35 mile job on Amazon for 12.99. It was their highest ranked and had good reviews. The 25 mile one was 7.99. I will see how well this one works and may buy the smaller one for the master bedroom.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X