About time this gets done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About time this gets done.

Looks like the local pd did a good job today, just wish there were busts like this happening more often.

Police Execute Search Warrant to two Wichita Falls Businesses, Leads to Two Arrests

By: Lindsey Wospchall Updated: July 31, 2013

Police say two Wichita Falls businesses are out of business until further notice and two people are behind bars.

It's is all a result of an extensive Wichita Falls police investigation by the financial crimes unit. And Wednesday they issued a search warrant at two businesses.

Two arrests have been made after police searched at the Lucky's #7 convenience store and the Shop N Go convenience store located in the 1400 block of 32nd Street.

Thirty-five year old Yovana Ballard and 35 year old Asif Juma are charged with the 3rd degree felony of Prohibited Activities.

The arrests are in connection with an investigation into Food Stamp fraud and using Lonestar cards for unauthorized purchases.

Police stood guard as the Wichita Falls police department's financial crimes unit conducted a search warrant at the Shop N Go convenience store, and across town more police were at the Lucky #7 convenience store.

Both searches were part of an extensive investigation into Food Stamp fraud involving electronic benefits cards known as Lonestar cards.

Police say it's the businesses are defrauding the government.

"There are specific things these Lonestar cards are suppose to be used for and during this investigation they were able to determine that these stores were selling things that weren't legitimate," said Sgt. John Spragins from the Wichita Falls Police Department.

For selling things like alcohol, synthetic marijuana and K2.

Purchases at these convenience stores aren't so convenient anymore since both stores are shut down as the investigation continues.

"It's unfortunate to see people scam on food stamps when there are hungry people out there you know that really need the food stamps, and stores are taking it for gas and alcohol it's just, it's just not right," said Jeremy Row, a customer at Lucky #7.

Police finished their search here around 2:00 pm, it was at that time when we saw the clerk coming out of this store but she didn't have any comments for us.

And police say there is a potential for more arrests to be made in this case as the investigation continues.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Amen. Hopefully it starts a trend.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

They need to put a halt to getting cash off the lonestar cards. When I was a clerk I cannot count the number of times someone would get cash off it and buy beer, cigarettes, and lottery tickets.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Yep, make it for staple foods only and no more EBT cards. You eat basics and suck it up.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

The big stores would fight this all the way to the top. I had an HEB Manager tell me that some days his entire store sales are 70 % from Lone Star Cards. So, do you think HEB and Walmart would let any change be made to the EBT card system ? Not on your life. There is TOO MUCH money involved.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
            The big stores would fight this all the way to the top. I had an HEB Manager tell me that some days his entire store sales are 70 % from Lone Star Cards. So, do you think HEB and Walmart would let any change be made to the EBT card system ? Not on your life. There is TOO MUCH money involved.
            Lets you know just how fast the entire house of cards could fall doesn't it?

Comment

Nice. Those fools take all non food stamp items. "Beer/wine & cigarettes. Key in as grocery. I have niggas asking my cashiers to do that a lot. I just kick em out.
              I would call the cops but in "pleasant grove" wait time for non emergency DPD. is sometimes several hours.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
              X