Aborted Babies 'Burned to Heat NHS Hospitals'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aborted Babies 'Burned to Heat NHS Hospitals'

The bodies of at least 15,500 unborn babies have been incinerated over the past two years, with some of them used to generate power to heat NHS hospitals, a new investigation has revealed.

The report for Channel 4's 'Dispatches' programme, which airs tonight, also found that parents who lose children early on in pregnancy are treated without compassion, and often have no say in what happens to the remains.

The Telegraph reports that health minister Dr Dan Poulter said the practice was "totally unacceptable", and the Department for Health issued an instant ban.

According to the report, Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge incinerated 797 babies below 13 weeks gestation in a 'waste to energy' plant, informing the mothers that the remains had been 'cremated'.

Another facility operated by a private contractor at Ipswich Hospital incinerated 1,101 foetuses between 2011 and 2013. Ipswich Hospital said that it disposes of its own remains by cremation and that company that runs the incinerator had brought in the remains from other hospitals.

A total of ten NHS trusts admitted to burning foetal remains alongside general rubbish, with two using them to generate power.

Dr Poulter said: "While the vast majority of hospitals are acting in the appropriate way, that must be the case for all hospitals and the Human Tissue Authority has now been asked to ensure that it acts on this issue without delay."

Since the information was released, NHS Medical Director, Sir Bruce Keogh, has written to all NHS trusts, telling them the practice must stop immediately.

The documentary, 'Amanda Holden: Exposing Hospital Heartache', airs tonight on Channel 4 at 8pm GMT

The bodies of at least 15,500 unborn babies have been incinerated over the past two years, with some of them used to generate power to heat NHS hospitals, a new investigation has revealed.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

They were just incinerated unceremoniously. They can't possibly make more heat than they take to burn. On balance, medical waste should, but all the btu's are coming from the plastic in it, not the perfect, full-term, treasured 8lb babies that are delivered alive, and thrown in whole.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I fail to see a problem. Medical waste is incinerated due to possible contamination.

Comment

What else are they supposed to do with medical waste?

Comment

Should have fed them to the homeless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              What else are they supposed to do with medical waste?
              You handle them like any body that is lost from a medical procedure. You treat them with respect, not shovel them into an incinerator to use for power. I seem to remember everyone asking me to have some humanity when I asked about the resources on 370.

Comment

What if they were muslim?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  You handle them like any body that is lost from a medical procedure. You treat them with respect, not shovel them into an incinerator to use for power. I seem to remember everyone asking me to have some humanity when I asked about the resources on 370.
                  What if they're just a spot of goop in a bag? You seem to be fixated on them going into an incinerator as a part of medical waste for power. I will again reassure you that there is no way it's possible they're actually generating any power. It takes more energy to burn human bits than they generate.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Cemeteries are going to start filling up fast.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                        Do you really want me to answer or do you want to guess what my answer is?

Comment

Cemeteries are going to start filling up fast.
                          Argument can be said for any desecration of a corpse. I mean, when the cremation plant that was handling the bodies of veterans just dumped the ashes in a landfill, hell that's fine, don't want to fill up cemeteries now do we?

Comment

Argument can be said for any desecration of a corpse. I mean, when the cremation plant that was handling the bodies of veterans just dumped the ashes in a landfill, hell that's fine, don't want to fill up cemeteries now do we?

Because those things are in some way similar, you are supposing?

Comment

Because those things are in some way similar, you are supposing?
                              It is. It's desecrating a corpse.

Comment

Working...
                              X