Kitchen upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen upgrades

Many of you are on Lea or my Facebook, so you have probably seen most of this, but for the rest..

We finally got our counter-tops and back-splash redone, after putting it off for years. I refurbished the original cabinets years ago, we just never got around to finishing it.

How the cabinets looked when I bought the house (almost 11 years ago now):

To refurb the cabinets, I added plywood panels to the existing doors and drawers, trimmed that out, and replaced the hardware..

Ended up with this:

We have replaced all the appliances over the years, and finally brought someone in to do the counters..

Then the back-splash:

Last, we replaced the florescent light with new LED can lights:

Comment

VERY nice! I can't wait until our kitchen is done!

The biggest hang up right now is flooring. Putting in something we can kind of afford and finishing the flooring in the rest of the house later, or stretching the budget and putting in something we love, (engineered hardwood) and hoping that when the budget allows, we can get material that matches to do the rest of the home.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Of course there were a bunch of other things we did along the way, like floors, under cabinet lights, etc.. And we still have some small things to finish up (paint ceiling and trim, finish molding), but we are thrilled to finally have a kitchen we like to be in..

As a brief recap, Before:

Midway:

After:

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          VERY nice! I can't wait until our kitchen is done!

The biggest hang up right now is flooring. Putting in something we can kind of afford and finishing the flooring in the rest of the house later, or stretching the budget and putting in something we love, (engineered hardwood) and hoping that when the budget allows, we can get material that matches to do the rest of the home.
          We did the floors a few years back.. Most of the house is done with Allure.. Looks like hand-scraped wood but is vinyl.. Waterproof, no underlayment needed (on our concrete slab, anyhow) and very durable. Two rooms have carpet, our bedroom and the den.

Comment

We've done a ton of work to the house over the years.. Way more than these few things. In fact, several areas have been redone more than once. I sometimes forget how ugly it was when I bought it.. lol.

That's what I get for buying a house built in the 60's and not updated since the 80's!

Comment

looks great!

Comment

Great work!

Comment

Thanks guys.. It's nice to be able to actually upgrade / improve stuff purely for the sake of improving. Too often with this old house the work we have to do is because something has broken. lol

We plan to do some work on the backyard in a few months.. Starting with a pretty big concrete pad. Oh, and maybe new windows. These original single pane pieces of crap are tired.

Comment

Damn nice work, Craig. I can't believe the difference. Time to get LeaH in there to cooking, or is to nice now, lol...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Thanks guys.. It's nice to be able to actually upgrade / improve stuff purely for the sake of improving. Too often with this old house the work we have to do is because something has broken. lol

We plan to do some work on the backyard in a few months.. Starting with a pretty big concrete pad. Oh, and maybe new windows. These original single pane pieces of crap are tired.
                      What area are you in? Let me know when you are ready to get quotes on the windows. I'll give you my guy's information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        What area are you in? Let me know when you are ready to get quotes on the windows. I'll give you my guy's information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                        Euless.. We've gotten several quotes but won't be actually doing anything for a few months. Gotta let the bank account recover some. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          Damn nice work, Craig. I can't believe the difference. Time to get LeaH in there to cooking, or is to nice now, lol...
                          Haha.. She set up and chose the counter tops, back splash and lights without even telling me. She said "if you want me in the kitchen, then let me make it look the way I want."

I'm totally cool with that!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              Euless.. We've gotten several quotes but won't be actually doing anything for a few months. Gotta let the bank account recover some. lol
                              I sent Lea some emails, if she didnt send them to you.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X