The youtube purge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    This thread is specifically about YouTube content and their implementation of these regulations. I am fully aware of where this has come from.
    Um, that's not how I read it, although that may have been what your posts are about. I read it as complaining about their new terms of service and how they may choose to pull content they don't agree with politically. As a reminder, the OP was:
    Youtube is on it's way out. Tomorrow they push their new terms of use that is most likely going to silence most if not all conservative voices on the platform. Huge bummer, youtube is a huge part of my daily life...

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    You suggested marking everything as not for kids. That's the absolute wrong way to do this. Even if your intended audience is adult, if it seems like it's for kids then you can get fined.

Krazy Fins has a fishing channel that commonly features his daughter. He intends for his channel to target adults, but if its perceived as "for kids" and he marks it as "for adults"...he can get a fine for that. His intent doesnt matter...someone else's perception does. This is why hes determined its not a good risk/reward.

Hence why I said remove the kids from the video.
    Again, I was not suggesting everyone just mark them not for kids, I suggested he do so, as I assumed a fishing channel's content is not directed at kids. So that may very well have been a poor assumption on my part. I don't disagree with your suggestion to not include your kids to avoid that. More importantly, I suggested read shit for themselves, and don't just jump on the 'I'm leaving, fuck youtube' bandwagon, as mob mentailty is rarely the right thing.

I do think it's a bit ludicrous to assume that a video might be intended for kids, just because a kid is in it. Now, if the videos are teaching a kid how to fish, i could see that. But even at that point, the problem with the vague wording is with the law, not with youtube. Now, if youtube decides your content could be for kids, and choose to demonetize or otherwise, as a result, I still find that reasonable for them to protect themselves.

Comment

It doesnt matter if its YouTube's fault or not. People dont want to be subject to the risk of someone else's perception...so they are now staying off of the service.

The censorship that YouTube does is their fault and the absolute lack of transparency makes it 10X worse.

Comment

I try not to use Youtube or Google. I'd love to find an alternative to Youtube because I don't support the fucking communists at Google. The left in this country lacks the ability to remain objective on any given subject, everything is influenced by their politics. Censorship is just fine to them as long as it supports their views. You guys who think otherwise better wake the fuck up and soon.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          I try not to use Youtube or Google. I'd love to find an alternative to Youtube because I don't support the fucking communists at Google. The left in this country lacks the ability to remain objective on any given subject, everything is influenced by their politics. Censorship is just fine to them as long as it supports their views. You guys who think otherwise better wake the fuck up and soon.
          True but most everyone is in denial about this. Most don’t understand the future implications of it either. Give an inch today and see where it leads. If you need any specific examples watch Tucker Carlson’s recent video on the ACLU before they remove it too.

Comment

Bing FTMFW!

Google has a huge presence in Edu unfortunately, mostly due to Microsoft's historic lack of investment in the space. Google's not the better platform by far, it's simply free to use in most cases. Unfortunately that makes it a much more widely accepted brand in our kids minds, and who knows how they may begin to interject their philosophies to kids of a young age.

Comment

You guys who think otherwise better wake the fuck up and soon.
              Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              True but most everyone is in denial about this.

@ both:

There seems to be plenty of these people right here in this thread. Hoping against hope that it's not as bad as it seems, or that it must just be people getting upset over nothing. Whatever keeps the comfort zone in tact. Personally I view it as being weak and scared, since they'd really rather not think about it.

In the end of they want to kill their own platforms by making everything look as infantile as an episode of Full House, that's their business. They'll still be there as a mere shadow of their former selves; myspace and yahoo are still around too. Sucks for the people who were making a living there. And for all of us who used to love youtube. But it's the internet, it doesn't really die or go away. There will just be someone else who rises up to take what they once had. Eventually.

As for them being government funded, there is a lot of info available about it. More than you'd care to read. When they actually turned evil from "Don't be evil" was when they got invaded by the CIA what was it... 12 years ago? There was a big story about it, something like the top 500 google employees just walked the fuck out. Said they weren't participating in this shit, and quit. Below is just the very first search result. But the info available just goes on and on, if you really want to know all the details.

The story of the deliberate creation of the modern mass-surveillance state includes elements of Google’s surprising, and largely unknown, origin. It is a somewhat different creation story than the one the public has heard, and explains what Google cofounders Sergey Brin and Larry Page set out to build, and why.
              WH

Comment

Working...
              X