No announcement yet.

Corvette C8 Official Reveal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First race with the C8.R at the Rolex 24. Finished 4th place which isn't bad when they've not had anything more than test sessions. Now they got data and race pace going forward. Which they didn't have prior to this weekend
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
      First race with the C8.R at the Rolex 24. Finished 4th place which isn't bad when they've not had anything more than test sessions. Now they got data and race pace going forward. Which they didn't have prior to this weekend
      Didn't the new GT win it's first race? I could be wrong. I don't follow endurance racing even though I'd like to.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
        Didn't the new GT win it's first race? I could be wrong. I don't follow endurance racing even though I'd like to.
        If you're referring to 2016...no it didnt. I think you're thinking of its first year back in le mans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          I think you're thinking of its first year back in le mans.
          1964 was a DNF for all three GT40 Mk.I cars at Le Mans (two tranny failures and and a fire).
          1965 Le Mans had two GT40 teams, so six cars racing - all DNFs (tranny/clutch and head gasket problems).
          1966 with the Mk.II is when they got a 1, 2, 3 finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            1964 was a DNF for all three GT40 Mk.I cars at Le Mans (two tranny failures and and a fire).
            1965 Le Mans had two GT40 teams, so six cars racing - all DNFs (tranny/clutch and head gasket problems).
            1966 with the Mk.II is when they got a 1, 2, 3 finish.
            He said new GT.

The new GT won its first return to the 24 hrs Le Mans.

Comment

• The new ford GT came in 7th and 9th in the 2016 24 Hours of Daytona.

Comment

• Killer car and 4th with a flat plane sound.
                I think they will sell a ton of them.

Trakpass was like being in the cars too!

Comment

He said new GT.

The new GT won its first return to the 24 hrs Le Mans.
                  10-4. First time, i somehow read that with a pause in my head...

"I think you're thinking of its first year... back in le mans."

Comment

• I will be very surprised to see the upcoming Zo6 be a Blackstar-engined twin turbo 800+hp car.

I bet its another blown LT4, GM is too afraid to lose a core audience by giving up the LS pushrod architecture

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                      I will be very surprised to see the upcoming Zo6 be a Blackstar-engined twin turbo 800+hp car.

I bet its another blown LT4, GM is too afraid to lose a core audience by giving up the LS pushrod architecture
                      Lol what? They literally moved the engine behind the driver...but changing the engine is where the line is crossed.

Given the copy cat mentality that Chevy has had with ford...they will do what the GT did and go with twin turbos on smaller displacement at some point. Maybe they will call it a different model...but I dont think staying with convention is priority here

Comment

Lol what? They literally moved the engine behind the driver...but changing the engine is where the line is crossed.

Given the copy cat mentality that Chevy has had with ford...they will do what the GT did and go with twin turbos on smaller displacement at some point. Maybe they will call it a different model...but I dont think staying with convention is priority here
                        I’ll take it a step further and say that at some point the Vette will offer a hybrid.

I can’t wait to go up to Detroit in a couple of weeks. Will be visiting GMs tech center for some meetings. I hope to get a closer look at the vette.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                          I’ll take it a step further and say that at some point the Vette will offer a hybrid.

I can’t wait to go up to Detroit in a couple of weeks. Will be visiting GMs tech center for some meetings. I hope to get a closer look at the vette.
                          rumor is that that the z06 will be a hybrid with electrics up front

Comment

check craigslist for some sweet vette wheels while you're up there.

Comment

You'll probably never be able to prove it though
                              I go to GM's powertrain headquarters (Global Propulsion Systems) fairly often and at security check-in they take your phone and put very a very obvious red tag / tape over all the camera lenses so that if you ever take your phone out any employee can quickly tell that you're not taking any pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                                check craigslist for some sweet vette wheels while you're up there.
                                I've been trying to find information about the size and offset of the new vets wheels but haven't been able to find anything yet.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X