No announcement yet.

Birddog0347 rescues a Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on replacing the heater core... this was fun. I got the old one out and new one in last night, just have to try to finish buttoning it all back up tonight if I can get free time in the garage.

Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• I got it all finished up and went to the Carrollton GTG last night only to discover leaving the house that my speedo didn't work nor did my turn signals. I must have pulled the speedo cable loose from the cluster accidentally while the dash was pulled out and I'm betting the orange wire to the hazard switch got disconnected since the flashers still work, I'll figure it out in the next day or so... but other than that my car has no leaks and heat so I'm back in business!

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        I put an ad in the classifieds with both of those. Feel free to make me an offer, I could use the garage space.
        Man I'd like them but getting them would pretty much seal up switching over to black interior.

Comment

• Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
          Man I'd like them but getting them would pretty much seal up switching over to black interior.
          C'mon man, I need these out of my garage.

Stevo

Comment

• Got back to working on the car a bit yesterday and today. The car is getting the ATS Brembo fronts, 43mm rears, power stop pads and rotors. I've got all the calipers painted now, with the stickers on the fronts under some clear coat. I'm using the VHT Caliper paint so hopefully it holds up well. Next step is to get the car in the air and pull the rear caliper brackets so I can clean them up and paint them since they are all rusty but I need the brackets for the IRS/Cobra brakes. Then I will also need to pull the fronts then get to installing and bleeding them.

I will also need to remember while it's on jack stands to pull the steering shaft off the rack to try to recenter my steering wheel after I replaced it.

Stevo

Comment

• Those look titties!

Comment

• Those calipers sure are pretty! Did you find a local place to machine the front calipers or will you be using the spacers?

Comment

• Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                  Those calipers sure are pretty! Did you find a local place to machine the front calipers or will you be using the spacers?
                  I'm going to use the spacers, if I want to machine them later I figure I can pull them off and do so... unless you've got a mill?

Stevo

Comment

• I want to say that I wish that I had a mill,....but, not something that I would use often. I'm following along on this brake upgrade that you are doing.

Do you have a link to the kit with the inserts, bolts, & spacers?

Comment

• Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                      I want to say that I wish that I had a mill,....but, not something that I would use often. I'm following along on this brake upgrade that you are doing.

Do you have a link to the kit with the inserts, bolts, & spacers?
                      There's a user on the SVT Performance forum who makes the kit, Chris Salmon ssengineeringllc@gmail.com, shoot him an email and wait 4-6 weeks depending on his backlog.

Hopefully in the next few days I'll get the car off the ground and get this finished, just been a bit busy lately.

Stevo

Comment

• getting closer... test fit is a go, painting the rear caliper brackets and replacing the sliders and bolts.

Stevo

Comment

• Well I've gotten all 4 calipers and rotors mounted and setup with all new hardware/pads/rotors. Next up will be to disconnect all 4 of the old calipers and hook up the lines to the new ones then bleed them. In order to keep the fluid in the system and avoid getting any more air in there than I have to I left the 4 old ones on till I got to this point. I will also be swapping out the front brake lines with braided, the rears already are from when I installed the IRS.

My front wheels are also NASTY dirty and oily from when my front main seal started leaking and got a bit of oil flung on them. So getting them all clean will have to be done before it goes back together, and maybe get the wheel liners cleaned up a bit too, although at normal ride height you can't see in there. I did however confirm first that the wheel fits with no interference but I was pretty sure since I use an 18" wheel with a 1" spacer behind it I'd be ok.

Stevo

Comment

• Making good progress. Get a positive pressure bleeder and push new fluid through the system.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                              Making good progress. Get a positive pressure bleeder and push new fluid through the system.

I've got a vacuum bleeder... and a 12 year old kid.

Fuck... I guess I better buy a new tool and do it right the first time by myself.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                                I've got a vacuum bleeder... and a 12 year old kid.

Fuck... I guess I better buy a new tool and do it right the first time by myself.
                                I've got one very similar to this one.

Very easy to use. Fill it up, put the line on the reservoir, pump it up, put the bottle/hose on your first caliper, and crack a bleeder until you see no air bubbles and fresh fluid com out of the hose in the bottle.

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X