As if my luck couldn't even!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    You didn't change anything else? mine started groaning with engine rpm, then quit on me. I asume you have to replace the dryer and orifice tube and stuff along with it right?
    Sorry, never saw this post.

NO, I did not change anything other than the compressor, mine simply locked up, not noise no nothing. It just quit working, I had a 2012 5.0 and they were failing because of the "stretchy belt" that put to much tension on the compressor pulley neck.
    I just changed the compressor because when I took my lines off there was no metal shavings/trash in the lines, not even in the oil that came out.
    I re-installed it, pulled a vacuum for a couple of hours, it held on the gauges and I refilled with 134a and of course PAG oil in the compressor. It worked the rest of the summer and it continues to run to this day.
    Last edited by Rick Modena; 02-13-2020, 12:37 PM.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
      Aside from a disconnect tool or something like that, you should be able to replace the basic parts with tools in your driveway. Flushing of the lines and evaporator core are recommended if you've had a mechanical failure (most of the new style evaporator cores are built like the condensers and they recommend they be replaced as well), but you can do the parts swapping (make sure to add the proper amounts of pag oil to the compressor and condenser before installation) and then just have a shop perform the vacuum and fill procedure.
      Given the price of those parts, most people probably just buy new and toss the old ones in the aluminum scrap pile. To be hauled off and sold to the scrap yard several years later. Imo it's better to have a new part, than have a cleaned up old part that may develop a pin hole a year later.
      WH

Comment

• They might buy a new evaporator core, but replacing it is usually a pretty hefty undertaking. Most all newer vehicles (by newer I mean mid 90's and up) require the dash to be removed to access the HVAC housing for replacement.

My recommendations come from doing repair work for others and our experience with part failures and what's required by the parts suppliers for part warranty. If a person specifies they just want a compressor installed and they don't want the additional expense, I will do that in most cases. They also get a big fat NO WARRANTY on their ticket as I'm not eating the parts the parts store won't cover.

Comment

• Going to go drive this tomorrow. If I like it, and the deal works out I'll trade the cursestang in on it. Also going to drive a 4x4 in comparison. It would be nice to have a 4 door. I've only owned one since my daughter has been alive. lol

Comment

Going to go drive this tomorrow. If I like it, and the deal works out I'll trade the cursestang in on it. Also going to drive a 4x4 in comparison. It would be nice to have a 4 door. I've only owned one since my daughter has been alive. lol

I had the 4x4 rig as a rental this past week, and was underwhelmed. Didn't do anything but drive to the hotel and back to the airport, and even then it was noisy, sluggish, and had a super bouncy ride. Hopefully the 2x is a way better highway truck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• I’ll post pics of my new ranger tomorrow. I literally bought a truck and got the flu the next day.

Comment

• I hope you mother fuckers are amused... because that would be the only positive to this horse shit! Tomorrows my wife's birthday so she took a few days off. was on her way home from getting my kids physical for school sports and this jack ass slams into the side of her crossing traffic. out of date license, expired insurance, and starts spouting off that it was her fault. He had a stop sign and she didn't. Cop let the guy go without running his info. I was stuck at work so I couldn't do a damn thing to make sure things got done. Cop ran his insurance an hour later and realized he was driving illegally. Told me he's going to mail him a summons for the charge of driving uninsured, and if he doesn't respond it will go to warrant. but he also didn't design But here we go again. for those keeping track, the grey car has now been hit 3 times (twice not by uninsured drivers, and hailed on twice, the white car was hit 4 times, (once by an under insured driver) and the 83 ranger has been hit twice. Oh and if you are old school enough to remember my 88 tbird was rear ended and totaled. mind you in only two of these accidents where our cars moving. the rest we where parked or sitting in traffic.

Comment

• You just need to replace every other car with another ratty SN95 rally car.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    You just need to replace every other car with another ratty SN95 rally car.
                    fuck it I'm selling everything and switching to H1 Humvee's

Comment

fuck it I'm selling everything and switching to H1 Humvee's
                      You already have an H1 Riviera.

Comment

• Yall need to take defensive driving man. Thats a pattern

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Yall need to take defensive driving man. Thats a pattern
                            according to her, she was in the left lane when he gunned it through the intersection (he had a stop sign she didn't. she still changed lanes and gunned it to get out of the way, which is why she was hit in the quarter and not the door.

All of mine where either at a stop or yield sign or stopped in traffic on the highway. I've had two cars hit while legally parked and unoccupied. Best I can figure is my ex-wife is a voodoo queen or I was Hitler in a past life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Yall need to take defensive driving man. Thats a pattern
                              Yup, insurance has put them in a high risk category. Ya'll need to move out of Denton county. Defensive driving at all times for me, one can't rely on dumbfucks to follow the rules.

Ya'll could probably use some jesus in your lives too, it wouldn't hurt at this point...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Damn that is a terrible run of luck. You all do definitely need to slow down and treat every mofo on the road like they don’t see and want to kill you, because it’s almost true. Be kind, be courteous, but assume every driver is an uninsured mofo out to get you.

Comment

Working...
                                X