No announcement yet.

He has a toy truck! Shoot him! FTP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that cops investigate themselves. That always struck me as interesting. "We will investigate ourselves to see if we are responsible for what we did." Sometimes they'll say yes but often? Nope. It'd be like asking any other group to police themselves without letting anyone else look them over.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• yo Dre, I got somethin to say

So has anyone thought of the possibility of the increase of the FTP instances almost coinciding with that movie coming out and maybe rehashing the issue?

Comment

• What movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          What movie?
          That one movie, man!

Comment

What movie?
            I'm not sure where it was made, but I had heard it came straight out of Compton.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

• Cops should have sprinkled some crack on both of them and hauled ass.

Comment

I love that cops investigate themselves. That always struck me as interesting. "We will investigate ourselves to see if we are responsible for what we did." Sometimes they'll say yes but often? Nope. It'd be like asking any other group to police themselves without letting anyone else look them over.
                Hold up just a second there player. Routine complaints, yes, we investigate them and handle up on stupidity with wright ups, days off, etc. Yes there is a lot that folks don't understand and never will. They should really have a class in high school where cops teach kids how things work. Kind of like budgets, cost of child care, and whatever else common sense wise we are getting away from.

Now lets move on to shootings.

There are two investigations when it comes to shootings, one inside and one outside. The outside agency comes in to investigate the criminal and the IA department investigates the internal stuff. When someone is shot an officer will have case wrote up for whatever the correct charge will be, same as Joe Smo in the streets. The one difference, and not always, is a the officers will generally go before a grand jury. That is 12 regular folks, that are presented with the facts of the case. They are also presented with why it was justified and the evidence. If it is sketchy, and the officer is indicted it goes to full trial like everyone else. If it is not, they pitch it out. We actually do this with Joe Smo citizen also if they are justified in their actions. I have wrote up several cases for grand jury where there was a justified action and not one has ever been prosecuted.

We used to be able to just say fuck it, that was a good shoot. It went that way for officers also. Then there was cover ups, the buddy system, etc. This went for Jo Smo and the police.

Sooooo, you think an outside agency would put their jobs and lively hoods on the line to save a bad apple? Not this guy I can tell you that. Not saying it has never happened but I have not seen it. I have seen shitty officers protected due to civil service laws, but not for anything other than stupid shit.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  Hold up just a second there player. Routine complaints, yes, we investigate them and handle up on stupidity with wright ups, days off, etc. Yes there is a lot that folks don't understand and never will. They should really have a class in high school where cops teach kids how things work. Kind of like budgets, cost of child care, and whatever else common sense wise we are getting away from.

Now lets move on to shootings.

There are two investigations when it comes to shootings, one inside and one outside. The outside agency comes in to investigate the criminal and the IA department investigates the internal stuff. When someone is shot an officer will have case wrote up for whatever the correct charge will be, same as Joe Smo in the streets. The one difference, and not always, is a the officers will generally go before a grand jury. That is 12 regular folks, that are presented with the facts of the case. They are also presented with why it was justified and the evidence. If it is sketchy, and the officer is indicted it goes to full trial like everyone else. If it is not, they pitch it out. We actually do this with Joe Smo citizen also if they are justified in their actions. I have wrote up several cases for grand jury where there was a justified action and not one has ever been prosecuted.

We used to be able to just say fuck it, that was a good shoot. It went that way for officers also. Then there was cover ups, the buddy system, etc. This went for Jo Smo and the police.

Sooooo, you think an outside agency would put their jobs and lively hoods on the line to save a bad apple? Not this guy I can tell you that. Not saying it has never happened but I have not seen it. I have seen shitty officers protected due to civil service laws, but not for anything other than stupid shit.
                  And yet you have admitted that there are cops that are on the force that do not belong there, there are bad cops that are not fired and are protected. Maybe not by you but there are. There should not be a two tier justice system for cops and citizens, should not be two sets of rules. Equal application and protections under the law.

Comment

And yet you have admitted that there are cops that are on the force that do not belong there, there are bad cops that are not fired and are protected. Maybe not by you but there are. There should not be a two tier justice system for cops and citizens, should not be two sets of rules. Equal application and protections under the law.
                    Our job requires the use of force. Could be rarely and could be everyday. It is a sliding scale and we are allowed to use various levels. So every time I have to put my hands on someone, I should be tried in court?

We are held accountable for our actions more then you know. We just don't publicize it all the time when there are disciplinary actions, except when the complaint comes from a citizen and then they know the results. People do shit in every single line of work that could get them fired or prosecuted. Does that happen? No, sometimes it is a training issue. You are trying to create a situation that would leave zero police officers on the streets. Not because we are bad, but because we know we could slip up one time and ruin our life or careers. I really do laugh that a military man doesn't get this. I would be willing to bet that the military covers up way more shit than any police force ever thought about.

I said I was out earlier in the thread, but now I am done, finished, out! We will agree do disagree on some things.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      Our job requires the use of force. Could be rarely and could be everyday. It is a sliding scale and we are allowed to use various levels. So every time I have to put my hands on someone, I should be tried in court?

We are held accountable for our actions more then you know. We just don't publicize it all the time when there are disciplinary actions, except when the complaint comes from a citizen and then they know the results. People do shit in every single line of work that could get them fired or prosecuted. Does that happen? No, sometimes it is a training issue. You are trying to create a situation that would leave zero police officers on the streets. Not because we are bad, but because we know we could slip up one time and ruin our life or careers. I really do laugh that a military man doesn't get this. I would be willing to bet that the military covers up way more shit than any police force ever thought about.

I said I was out earlier in the thread, but now I am done, finished, out! We will agree do disagree on some things.
                      And that happens in every career. MIlitary? Well hell, I wasn't paying 100% attention and my crosshairs weren't where they were supposed to be and I hit a house instead of a vehicle with my TOW. Career over.

Burger shop owner didn't wash his hands because he was swamped and someone saw him hurredly run out of the restroom and grab a burger that was burning on the grill and get back to cooking. It winds up on facebook and health department reports. Yelp reports go negative and the place is shut down.

The difference between military and police? The shit we do? We do it overseas to people who aren't Americans. The shit police do? They do it to Americans who are protected under the constitution that they take an oath to protect and make it a point to drive around in cars that say "to SERVE and PROTECT." Our vehicles don't even pretend we're there to do either. We're soldiers. Infantry is there to kill. We wear cross rifles and our CIB is a rifle. We're trained killers.

Police are supposed to be PEACE officers right? Not killers. No matter how many of our weapon systems, our rank structures, armor or vehicles, you're not supposed to be us, you're supposed to be protectors of civilians.

Comment

• When an LEO is stopped for suspicion of intoxication is he or she breathalized, blood drawn, booked, fingered and arrested? Or are they given a curtesy of calling home to have someone pick them up?
                        If an LEO can honestly say yes to the above then the law has been applied equally as civilians.

Comment

I love that cops investigate themselves. That always struck me as interesting. "We will investigate ourselves to see if we are responsible for what we did." Sometimes they'll say yes but often? Nope. It'd be like asking any other group to police themselves without letting anyone else look them over.
                          You knoooow, there's another camp in charge of our lives that does this...

I KNOW you know. Just being rhetorical.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                            X