Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Musbrad2 View Post
    Im down, suppressors are in the back.
    Any time you want to shoot some coyote, come on. I'll pay for the ammo.

PS I'm shopping for a suppressor... and a scope. We should chat!
    Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 11-30-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
      I'm game for sure but it may be a couple of weeks before I can get out on a Friday evening. Only thing I'd like to have extra is a call to try and draw em in.

Shoot me a PM if you wanna really talk about it.

On the northside of 190 before the Garland Road exit there is a field that I like to shoot coyotes in. I just have an old alarm siren and I hook it up to a battery, once the siren starts the coyotes start yapping and howling and then I know just where to get them.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Ruger American Ranch .300 Blackout

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        I wonder how many chickens they will get over the course of the next 6 -12 months?

You jinxed me. Bastards got 9 chickens, including my really cool rooster, while we were gone this morning. I was at the kitchen sink looking out the window and saw a coyote stalking up so I ran out to scare it off and found the carnage.

We’ve never lost more than two in one day. They might’ve cleaned me out this morning if we hadn’t come home.

My stupid donkey apparently has no problem with coyote eating chickens. Time to shoot the donkey.
        Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 06-25-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

There was one dead chicken left in the pen during the carnage yesterday. I zip tied it to the back of my bobcat/coyote cage around 7PM Sunday evening. Monday morning's result...

This was only the second time I set the trap. The first time netted me a measly possum. Maybe I need to use it more often...

I may buy a decent air rifle so I can bait traps with rabbits or squirrels. We have dozens of each running all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
            You jinxed me. Bastards got 9 chickens, including my really cool rooster, while we were gone this morning. I was at the kitchen sink looking out the window and saw a coyote stalking up so I ran it to scare it off and found the carnage.

We’ve never lost more than two in one day. They might’ve cleaned me out this morning if we hadn’t come come.

My stupid donkey apparently has no problem with coyote eating chickens. Time to shoot the donkey.
            God damn! They know where the free food is now.

Comment

I came home around 10:45 PM tonight to find a coyote wandering around in my front yard. Looks like I need to reset my trap... and get a thermal imaging scope.

Comment

Those possums will kill chickens as well. They will just eat the head though. I shot a possum in my coop a couple nights ago.

Comment

(I have 5 kids so time is pretty much non-existent)
                  God damn! You need a new hobby!
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    God damn! You need a new hobby!
                    A quick doctor's visit 18 months ago all but guarantees no more kids for me. Now we can keep wrestling with reckless abandon.

Comment

I'm posting again here since there are a couple of people interested in shooting coyote: they're still around and still active. I was out back with a friend this morning hooking up my trailer and a 'yote snatched our best laying chicken out of the pen, roughly 175 feet from where we were standing by my trailer. This was around 11:00 AM, cloudy day. My donkey was standing maybe 35 feet from where it grabbed the chicken.

We're fairly convinced at this point that the donkey has zero concern for the chickens. She pretty much hangs out with the goats all day and lets the coyotes have their way with the chickens.

With me being so close and hearing what happened, I took off running to scare the coyote off (didn't know if it grabbed a chicken yet or not) and the coyote dropped the chicken in the creek on the way out. I used that dead chicken as bait in the coyote trap so hopefully I'll find another one in the cage tomorrow morning...

Comment

I've got a 10/22 and ruger american .22 with some hush puppies on them.

I'd need to sight them in again to make sure they are accurate, but would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          I've got a 10/22 and ruger american .22 with some hush puppies on them.

I'd need to sight them in again to make sure they are accurate, but would be fun.
                          Any time!

I've been looking at different coyote calls online. I'd love to call them in and drop 'em in their tracks...

Comment

I don’t have a thermal yet, but I’ve got my suppressed 300 blk with night vision.
                            "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                            http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                            Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                            Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                            http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                            www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                              I don’t have a thermal yet, but I’ve got my suppressed 300 blk with night vision.
                              You can come shoot all the coyote you want... if you bring the Cobra.

Comment

You can come shoot all the coyote you want... if you bring the Cobra.
                                Where are you at?

Comment

Working...
                                X