Price check please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price check please...

Was poking around the old CL and found this ... I suck at Ford pricing. Anyone have any thoughts on this deal ?

You could probably put one together yourself at that price point. Pick your own cam, machine shop, etc.

Comment

I'm always hesitant to buy someone else's project like that. The factory 351w blocks are also pretty damn flimsy. The heads are the only thing there that amount to much. Without more details about what's in the engine it's tough to say if that's a fair price or not.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

$2,700 in receipts yet uses stock fasteners. Dart Windsor Sr. heads aren't that expensive either. Good used sets go for $500 and up.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          $2,700 in receipts yet uses stock fasteners. Dart Windsor Sr. heads aren't that expensive either. Good used sets go for $500 and up.
          The ad says studs in the bottom but I see stock head bolts. I am a stickler for replacing head bolts and this stuck out like a sore thumb to me also.

It is easy to sink mad money into head porting so maybe that is where the money went.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            The ad says studs in the bottom but I see stock head bolts. I am a stickler for replacing head bolts and this stuck out like a sore thumb to me also.

It is easy to sink mad money into head porting so maybe that is where the money went.
            Since there is a girdle he probably has main studs.

Comment

Running arp everything adds up quick. You could easily spend a grand on bolts for a motor.

That said, head studs are mandatory on anything that I’d take the time to rebuild.

Comment

I bailed. I think Im just gonna stick an LS in it. Ive been immersed in LS and fuel injection stuff lately at work, just seems like a no brainer.

Comment

Working...
                X