Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am I missing to make this gocart work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I missing to make this gocart work?

The wheel hub sprocket assemblies I see most places has the sprocket too close to the wheel and no way for it to extend as far as this needs to. This is a factory gocart and has not been modified. The engine mount does not allow for sideways adjustment. Even if it did, the brakes are fixed to the frame there.

So somewhere out there, some one must make a sprocket hub that extends out over this axle stub to align with the clutch, but I cannot seem to find what it looks like or a picture of a complete assembly.

I really do not feel like fabricating anything. I 'd prefer off the shelf.
    Attached Files

Maybe I'm obtuse, but I don't understand your question.

Comment

The question and picture need to have more details, before anyone can help

Comment

You cant just put washers between the sprocket and hub?

Comment

I have an old racing Kart that I can dig out and take some pics if you think it might help.. This outfit stocks all kinds of kart stuff, including off-road.

Last edited by 68RR; 03-22-2019, 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling
          Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

There is no chain on the sprocket, so it won't go when the engine is running.

Comment

Make model # of cart would help. Obviously it’s missing a part

Comment

The supercharger that goes between them is missing.

Comment

Maybe something like this is what you're looking for?
                  The 4" x 4" go-kart axle hub is most commonly found on go-karts using 8" wheels. The hub features four lug nuts and are 1-1/16" long. The inner bore is milled for a 1/4" axle key. The most common style for go-karts features a 1" inner (or inboard) shaft d

Comment

I do not understand the goal or problem meeting the goal to assist. I THINK you're trying to extend the drive axle but am not sure.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

old style one wheel pull fun karts used to mount the sprocket to the wheel on stands.........

pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Sorry, I've been off doing other things and haven't been back to this thread.

So let me explain again. Notice how the axle stub is welded to the frame about 2" out from the big sprocket? This is factory like this. This is where any bearing will stop. So that means there is some kind of hub/wheel combination that this sprocket bolts too that extends OVER this axle tube.

This came with some mexicanuity of lone bolts and spacers, but it could not handle the torque or align well and broke. I want to fix it proper.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                          Make model # of cart would help. Obviously it’s missing a part
                          If I had that, I wouldn't be here asking.

Comment

Working...
                          X