Jordan Peele's "Us"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Peele's "Us"

Anybody see it yet? Caught it last night and really enjoyed it but had some issues with it as well. I'll wait to hear what others think about it before posting more.

I heard about it on The Ticket tonight. Said it set some record for ticket sales for a non sequel/non book movie. I think it was in 3rd place over the weekend.

Comment

replace the KKK with white face monsters + black people + a subtle hint of racism = Tyler Perry/Oprah money$

Comment

Don't waste your money, I had to see it since I made my wife see Altered State the week before and it sucked out loud. I never, ever fall asleep in the movies and I almost nodded off twice.
        While the suspense scenes were good, it really wasn't worth the $5.50 per I paid on discount Tuesday.
        Like I told Jose last night, it reminded me of M. Night Shyamalan's movie Signs, kick ass first movie, but his second, not so much. The same can be said of Peele, his first movie, kick ass, this one, I kinda of want my money back...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I thought "a quiet place" was like signs.

And "get out" was just a remake of skeleton key.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            I thought "a quiet place" was like signs.

And "get out" was just a remake of skeleton key.
            Quiet Place did remind me of Signs, but both were good in their own way. I liked both of them very much.
            Get Out was very nicely done even for a remake. This movie had me searching for answers, like maybe I should have tread the book, if there was one...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Signs and a quite place both sucked out loud.

Comment

Working...
              X