No announcement yet.

Anyone have a car lift hookup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talked to the guy again this morning and he also has a 1yr warranty so I'll probably pick one up from him in the next week or two. I have his email and phone # if anyone wants to get in touch with him. He's not a lot cheaper but being broke, I save all I can!

Comment

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
      I talked to the guy again this morning and he also has a 1yr warranty so I'll probably pick one up from him in the next week or two. I have his email and phone # if anyone wants to get in touch with him. He's not a lot cheaper but being broke, I save all I can!
      Shoot me his number man, I'd like to give him a call.
      The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Comment

I got a greg smith Atlas 9k. It was $1800 all said and done after shipping. Install was quick and easy.

Comment

I bought two from bestbuyautoequipment.com

Dannmar 10acx which is a wider version and a four post d-7. Easy smooth transaction and shipping was right on time. Installed it all ourselves.

Comment

Some of those lifts kinda scare me. Used the "scissor" type a few times. If that's what they're called. The ones you don't drive onto. You get to yanking and cranking on a car, and it starts rocking. I don't like that.

Comment

You mean a 2 post lift? If the car is moving all around then you don't have it on there correctly. Can't pull the wheels/tranny/drivetrain on a 4 post drive up lift so that is useless to me. My two post has worked great for the past 2 years I've had it. I wish I could pack it up and move it to Texas with me but I'll probably just give it to a friend here and buy a new one there instead of the hassle of moving it.

Comment

Great thread. I'm getting ready to buy mind this week I think....

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal View Post
                  You mean a 2 post lift? If the car is moving all around then you don't have it on there correctly. Can't pull the wheels/tranny/drivetrain on a 4 post drive up lift so that is useless to me. My two post has worked great for the past 2 years I've had it. I wish I could pack it up and move it to Texas with me but I'll probably just give it to a friend here and buy a new one there instead of the hassle of moving it.
                  You've never felt one move even a little? I stuck 'em right on the jack points every time and still. If you get to pulling to hard or whatever, you can see the car move. Fucking hate that. I've come upon a shop for an oil change once and they had a new dodge van that had done a faceplant down into the concrete. Just makes me nervous I guess.

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                  Great thread. I'm getting ready to buy mind this week I think....
                  How much are they? I've seen certified used ones for as low as $1,500. Not sure how much they are new...

Comment

I will be getting mine either this weekend or next weekend. I am going with that 2 post 9k lift and picking it up in Cleburne. Evidently the blue 2 post is the same lift that most people sell, they just put their own name/sticker on it so its a matter of finding the best service/price.

Comment

The one I got is the Blue with yellow arms like most, It the NT9000 and when I got it was only 2-3 months old, the guy ran into hard times at his shop and had to sell it. I picked it up for 1000.00 and it still had the warrenty left on it.

Comment

JB lift service out of Krum TX. owner's name is Jason. Good guy and sometimes gets good used Rotary lifts traded in. Give him a call he may have a decent lift at a good price he installs and services what he sells. His # (940) 390-8722

Comment

Any complaints from those with a Derek Weaver? I'll be buying one soon. I wonder if the guys in Cleburne have the same thing Derek Weaver sells?

Comment

No complaints out of my weaver.

07 GT500
                            05 SRT10
                            88 turbocoupe T-bird
                            93 Cobra
                            86 coupe
                            Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
                            X