• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
    The new 6.7 Powerstroke is a BEAST

Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/user/abrannan.../2/rlAq4IqIw7U
    Last I heard the powerstroke was using urea injection as well. Have they figured out how to get rid of it yet?

Comment

Yes H&S Has a full EGR, DPF and Urea Delete kit.

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
        ^^^no but its not hard to find that a whole bunch of them are...cruise on over to the powerstoke forums for your fill of broken fords, i get my heads back from the shop next week to put it back together.
        I'm on several diesel forums and not just powerstroke. The 6.4l is a stout engine and truck. There are tons of owners that are very happy with the 6.4 with me included. Every model has issues. But just because you have problems with yours doesn't mean everyone else does too.
        2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Yeah i worked on a new ambulance with the 6.7 in it recently. Thing starts and idles like a gas engine.. but i'd hate to have to work under the hood on it.

we had a shop truck with the 6.0 and couldn't keep the thing running. mixed the oil and coolant at about 100k.

Comment

bet thats expensive. And then you have emissions failure when you get your inspection

Comment

I did have to giggle at the "Fill exhaust fluid here" cap on the urea container.

Comment

The new 6.7 Powerstroke is not made by Navistar (International)....they had nothing to do with it...other than being sued for the rights to the "Powerstroke" name. Personally would love to have one myself, but I'm not willing to pay the price Ford wants for one. So far have only heard and read good things about them, but then again they haven't been out long enough yet to get a good feel for reliability IMO.

I've always been a pretty big Cummins fan myself, but I just can't deal with how shitty the wrapper is that they come in....and apparently the newer 6.7 is hit or miss when it comes to problems. My neighbor that lives behind me bought a new 09' at the start of this year and he hates that damned thing...it's always in the shop for something and he doesn't even work out of it....it's a hwy commuter that tows a fifth wheel a few times a year. Then on the the other hand, there's a guy that also lives just down from us who has one that he uses on his property (has 47 acres with some cattle and whatnot), beats the shit out of it and says it hasn't had a single issue.

I think the best of both world's would be to pick up a nice loaded 6.0 era Super Duty (there are some cheap ones out there with most guys knowing what junk they are) and then do the Cummins swap. www.fordcummins.com
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                  bet thats expensive. And then you have emissions failure when you get your inspection
                  Its really not that expensive considering how much the truck costs.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                    Yeah i worked on a new ambulance with the 6.7 in it recently. Thing starts and idles like a gas engine.. but i'd hate to have to work under the hood on it.

we had a shop truck with the 6.0 and couldn't keep the thing running. mixed the oil and coolant at about 100k.
                    I've got a 6.0 that is in the shop for headgaskets for the second time in 50k miles. 100% stock. Thank god for warranties. This truck has 146k miles and has had a total of 14 injectors since 70k miles.

It is really hit or miss. I had a 04 that only got 3 injectors and a egr/cooler in 160k miles. No other repairs.

If I were truck shopping I'd find a low mile 07 F250 and throw the 7yr 200k warranty on it.

I've ran a couple of 6.7 dodges and the little stuff that was breaking was always emission related, and other than the front end parts, they are great trucks.

Comment

what kind of fuel mileage after the delete are they getting

Comment

Its really not that expensive considering how much the truck costs.
                        lol... I guess if you can buy a $50k truck, you can spend $3k on mods

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                          lol... I guess if you can buy a $50k truck, you can spend $3k on mods
                          Nah not 3k at all.

Your looking at roughly $1600 for a tuner and full 5 inch exhaust.

Comment

Thanks for all of the opinions everyone. I dont want a used truck, so the older models are not an option. When I get one it will be new, so thats why I was wondering if anyone had any experience or heard anything about the new Dodge/GM. I hadn't really considered the Power Stroke because my last brand new Ford, my 2006 Mustang was a POS and I vowed never to own another newer Ford. I had heard lots of bad things about the previous PSD's too. Im just trying to find out as much as possible on my options. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone who pays the price of a new diesel truck is a fucking idiot. That said, I'd like a new Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                                Anyone who pays the price of a new diesel truck is a fucking idiot. That said, I'd like a new Ford.
                                I got 14k off the sticker of my truck.
                                2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X