Anyone have a car lift hookup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a car lift hookup?

Getting a little more done out back and think it's time to look for a lift. Just for me so trying to spend less than most dfw ballers. I've found a few on cl, but they don't want to budge on price. Looking for a 8k+ asymmetric 2 post lift that uses the cables up top. There's a nice looking rotary on cl for 2k but hoping to stay at 1500 or less. Thought someone on here might have a hookup on shop closings or something like that. I always hear about the shops selling old ones for 500 bucks until I am ready to buy one!

Check with National auto Tool off azle ave in N Ft worth. They have some decent prices on lifts.

Comment

KPC, keep us informed. I picked up a Bendpak XPR-10a (10k# 2 post assym) of eBay but got dicked around by the seller so needless to say I'm still in the market .
      The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Comment

Looking to add a two post car lift to your garage? Browse through our selection of high-quality lifts today. You wont want to miss out on these low prices!

Comment

Originally posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
          KPC, keep us informed. I picked up a Bendpak XPR-10a (10k# 2 post assym) of eBay but got dicked around by the seller so needless to say I'm still in the market .
          theres a couple danmars 10k listed right now but not coming down on the price. I'm still seeing what they will end up doing. said they closed a shop so may get more desperate as time goes.

I looked at those auto lifts brand but they get pretty bad reviews on garage journals and other sites. I finally got in touch with a friend of a friend that gets take outs from dealerships and he said it will probably be march before/if he has more...

Comment

Since 1984, Derek Weaver Co. has been the leading wholesale supplier of car lifts, motorcycle lifts, tire changers, wheel balancers, & car rotisseries. Shop now!
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

I'd spend a few extra bucks and get a brand new lift. Screw messing around with used stuff when it's not much cheaper than a new one.

Comment

Automotive Lift & Equipment
                5212 Conveyor Drive
                Cleburne, TX 76031-0983

Just bought an 11k symmetric direct dive from them in November. I priced used ones but after rebuilding the cylinders you are a few bucks short of purchasing a new one.

New ones come with a warranty...

Comment

Naautoequipment.com. warehouse in cleburne....out of state sale with no sales tax. Pick up in cleburne with a $75 warehouse/loading fee. Good lift....have one in my shop.

Comment

Anyone know how much the average install cost is for a hobby variety 2-post?
                    Jay Johnson
                    Car hauler for hire

Comment

They are easy to install, I installed mine in about 2 hrs. You just need a good hammerdrill and bit. You can get the drop in anchors at Home Depot.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
                        They are easy to install, I installed mine in about 2 hrs. You just need a good hammerdrill and bit. You can get the drop in anchors at Home Depot.
                        lift I posted comes with the anchors...most are 3/4" I used 1" on a couple as I had to move the lift after hitting rebar on a couple of holes. you also need a 6" slab at least...preferrably 8". Hammer drill is necessary and not a cheap one. Rent one if you have to.

I installed mine. Took the Hammer drill, torque wrench for the anchors, 4' level to level uprights and various wrenches. I used hydraulic fluid for tractors from tractor supply is a 5 gallon pale.

If you work on cars you can install the lift.

Comment

kpc01, PM(or post) the pricing you get, and ask if there's a price break on multiple.
                          If pricing gets attractive, I might buy-in.
                          Jay Johnson
                          Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                            Naautoequipment.com. warehouse in cleburne....out of state sale with no sales tax. Pick up in cleburne with a $75 warehouse/loading fee. Good lift....have one in my shop.
                            how long have you had yours? everyone says to get a brand you've heard of but I can't imagine mine will get a ton of use. I have a 64 suburban that will be on it most of the time and while it will not push the 9k limit I like to be safe. It looks like its 1395 for a 9k (plus the $75) but may be worth looking at, especially if they did knock off a little for multiple purchased. As low as they already are I'm not sure though. Would you be interested in one of these PeeWee?

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                              This is where I got mine. They have them in stock at their Fort Worth location.

Comment

Working...
                              X