Is Texas real estate slowing down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
    Not yet. There some here, just haven't got any pics. My friend has a lease north of us by a few miles, he's shown some pics from his cams.
    We're off 1320, just north of the river.
    Nice. My buddy has a ton of Axis at his place. I always see a decent amount of blackbuck on the way to Stonewall to get beer.

Comment

• Its happening!!! Sales down 12%...listings up 43%!!!!!

A flood of North Texas houses hitting the market in January means it will take longer to sell a Dallas-Fort Worth home.The number of houses up for...

Comment

• I doubt this, but hey why not. Is there a chart somewhere online where the real estate market can be tracked? Would it be nationwide, or would it have to be state by state?
        WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Its happening!!! Sales down 12%...listings up 43%!!!!!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...clined-january
          About fucking time! This shit has been ridunkulous. And this 4%+ interest is straight up fucking bullshit...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            About fucking time! This shit has been ridunkulous. And this 4%+ interest is straight up fucking bullshit...
            It's great if you're selling or renting (as in, the landlord)...

Comment

Agreed. I'm ready to buy some land and everything nearby is just some asshole that bought 30+ acres and is trying to sell it in 5 acre plots for damn near his total purchase price.

I need to see land come way down!!!

Comment

Grab your ass with both hands, because it’s going to get much higher.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I still have not bought a house but my rate is now 3.625%.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    I still have not bought a house but my rate is now 3.625%.
                    That's about where my rate is at and it looks like I'm staying put...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• i still remember when rates hit 16% . i have had rates of 8-9% over the years . selling our place this summer for 10k an acre . raw land just keeps climbing . i see some spec houses falling because there are so many of them .

Comment

• I did 3.5% last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                          i still remember when rates hit 16% . i have had rates of 8-9% over the years . selling our place this summer for 10k an acre . raw land just keeps climbing . i see some spec houses falling because there are so many of them .
                          I think they got into that 16% range when Carter was in office. A house I had in the early 1990’s was around 8%, and I refinanced it several years later to around 5%. Currently our rate (fixed) is set at 3 1/8%.

Comment

• When I bought a house in 2012 I got a 3.25 with not shit for credit I think I had a 620. When I moved out to the sticks in 2017 I had perfect credit dang near 800 and the best I could find was 4.25. I sure hope it falls out so maybe I could refinance.

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                              i still remember when rates hit 16% . i have had rates of 8-9% over the years . selling our place this summer for 10k an acre . raw land just keeps climbing . i see some spec houses falling because there are so many of them .
                              From what I've seen out here...raw land seems to have slowed down the price climb massively at the end of 2018. Maybe that's just the seasonal nature of things...but I dont expect it to trend opposite home prices much as developers stop gobbling land up.

We shall see.

Comment

• i'm hoping this summer will be a hot market . just cleared new boundary lines through the woods ( young mans game ) so i'm set for spring showings. not a lot for sale in this area on paved roads . i have noticed several sub division style places going in around stevenville . we have mountain lake estates but not much else . they just built a 7400 sq ft place across from me down by the river.
                                all i need is one Cali transplant or Yankee .

Comment

Working...
                                X