He has a toy truck! Shoot him! FTP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
    That would be a good start, but the court systems could use cleared up and prison should be prison. Not more violence, drug running, gangs and so forth. People who are released should not be better criminals but better citizens.

Edit: It is interesting though that the video goes from one scene and then bam to another. Unsure if just for censoring purposes or otherwise.
    Yeah WTF? I like that he posted that video as proof. High IQ eh? In the first part I saw nothing that would cause me concern but I wasn't there. Kind of hard to judge from a video that is missing some footage. May have been a accidental discharge or something but who knows.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Need pics of the assault truck.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Lets focus on one very important aspect of this footage for a moment (that yes has a pause or jump in it). Giving the cop the benefit of the doubt over everything else, not knowing the dude was autistic, easily mistaking a toy for a gun, not being able to hear the black guy tell him he was unarmed, etc, etc, there is absolutely no valid reason for a cop to shoot a black man because he thought a white man was armed. That is the point that really needs attention. I am the last guy to scream racism, but that is racism if I ever saw it. I cannot come up with anything else. Even if it was a negligent discharge due to shitty tigger discipline and and adreneline, why the fuck was his gun trained on the dude lying down with his hands up and not the guy yelling and waving a silvery looking thing around? Any threat was from the guy yelling and not obeying any commands with the object in hand. Think the white guy has a gun? Better shoot the black guy.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          Not once have I seen anyone kicked out or not hired because of their "superior" IQ. The problem with most people with high IQ's is they cannot function in police work. They are the letter of the law guys that you gentleman all hate.

When I was in Lancaster for ten years, lots of people thought they wanted to be police. Run a few night shifts and they would pack their shit and go home. When you have to make life changing decisions five to ten times a day, every now and then there will be mistakes. Some of you bad asses would not make it a week in LE. I do not think I am in danger 24/7; I use the totality of the situation to make my decisions. One night we handled 100 calls by five of us in 11 hours. Not bullshit meet complainants, but shots fired, assault in progress, robbery type shit. I had a guy in my Tahoe from California one night that wanted to be a cop. He was in back ground and was a big ole guy. We handled 60 calls that night with one armed carjacking, and two shootings. We caught the car jacker after a small run on the highway, one shooting victim wanted to handle it himself, and the other turned out to be a funny story (Maybe Later). He said”is it always like this?”. That guy and another recruit quit after a month.

What we need is for all these parents to teach their kids some god damn respect for any type of authority, from adults, to teachers, to police. Not saying it would end all police issues but it sure would clear up a lot. Yes, there are some dumb shit cops out there. But for the most part they are good people just trying to keep people safe in their homes and little bubbles they live in.

I have not watched the video yet. I was just addressing your reasoning for not being a cop.

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

Jordan alleged his rejection from the police force was discrimination. He sued the city, saying his civil rights were violated because he was denied equal protection under the law.

But the U.S. District Court found that New London had “shown a rational basis for the policy.” In a ruling dated Aug. 23, the 2nd Circuit agreed. The court said the policy might be unwise but was a rational way to reduce job turnover.

Jordan has worked as a prison guard since he took the test.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            Lets focus on one very important aspect of this footage for a moment (that yes has a pause or jump in it). Giving the cop the benefit of the doubt over everything else, not knowing the dude was autistic, easily mistaking a toy for a gun, not being able to hear the black guy tell him he was unarmed, etc, etc, there is absolutely no valid reason for a cop to shoot a black man because he thought a white man was armed. That is the point that really needs attention. I am the last guy to scream racism, but that is racism if I ever saw it. I cannot come up with anything else. Even if it was a negligent discharge due to shitty tigger discipline and and adreneline, why the fuck was his gun trained on the dude lying down with his hands up and not the guy yelling and waving a silvery looking thing around? Any threat was from the guy yelling and not obeying any commands with the object in hand. Think the white guy has a gun? Better shoot the black guy.
            The officer acted appropriately and feared for his life. No charges filed.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Not once have I seen anyone kicked out or not hired because of their "superior" IQ. The problem with most people with high IQ's is they cannot function in police work. They are the letter of the law guys that you gentleman all hate.

When I was in Lancaster for ten years, lots of people thought they wanted to be police. Run a few night shifts and they would pack their shit and go home. When you have to make life changing decisions five to ten times a day, every now and then there will be mistakes. Some of you bad asses would not make it a week in LE. I do not think I am in danger 24/7; I use the totality of the situation to make my decisions. One night we handled 100 calls by five of us in 11 hours. Not bullshit meet complainants, but shots fired, assault in progress, robbery type shit. I had a guy in my Tahoe from California one night that wanted to be a cop. He was in back ground and was a big ole guy. We handled 60 calls that night with one armed carjacking, and two shootings. We caught the car jacker after a small run on the highway, one shooting victim wanted to handle it himself, and the other turned out to be a funny story (Maybe Later). He said”is it always like this?”. That guy and another recruit quit after a month.

What we need is for all these parents to teach their kids some god damn respect for any type of authority, from adults, to teachers, to police. Not saying it would end all police issues but it sure would clear up a lot. Yes, there are some dumb shit cops out there. But for the most part they are good people just trying to keep people safe in their homes and little bubbles they live in.

I have not watched the video yet. I was just addressing your reasoning for not being a cop.
              From all of the post of yours that I have seen over the years you are most likely one of the good guys. I don't know you personally and probably will never meet you and I have never had any major issues with law enforcement.

As for what I do for a living, not that it matters, I am a machinist for a large aircraft manufacture. I need to be able to hold tight tolerances (.001) over long lengths. It requires lots of trouble shooting and being able to read and right complex code.

While I will agree that there are a lot of disrespectful people out there, respect is a 2 way street. Many times you see police who are the ones being disrespectful of people because they feel that they need to be in control of everything. I'm not a 5 year old to be ordered around. In this day and age it isn't just an officers word over the publics. More and more cameras are catching everything yet you still catch police not calling out the few bad apples.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-b...story?id=95836

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

Jordan alleged his rejection from the police force was discrimination. He sued the city, saying his civil rights were violated because he was denied equal protection under the law.

But the U.S. District Court found that New London had “shown a rational basis for the policy.” In a ruling dated Aug. 23, the 2nd Circuit agreed. The court said the policy might be unwise but was a rational way to reduce job turnover.

Jordan has worked as a prison guard since he took the test.
                I knew you had one example somewhere! However, would you look at that, the courts sided with the PD.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
                  From all of the post of yours that I have seen over the years you are most likely one of the good guys. I don't know you personally and probably will never meet you and I have never had any major issues with law enforcement.

As for what I do for a living, not that it matters, I am a machinist for a large aircraft manufacture. I need to be able to hold tight tolerances (.001) over long lengths. It requires lots of trouble shooting and being able to read and right complex code.

While I will agree that there are a lot of disrespectful people out there, respect is a 2 way street. Many times you see police who are the ones being disrespectful of people because they feel that they need to be in control of everything. I'm not a 5 year old to be ordered around. In this day and age it isn't just an officers word over the publics. More and more cameras are catching everything yet you still catch police not calling out the few bad apples.
                  I get that, and we can only strive to be better. I don't train that way and I damn sure don't cover for bad behavior. The bigger issue is the publics ability to film something, edit out the beginning, and then post a 30 second clip the media runs with. It is a war on police right now from the media and the president. You notice he back slid the other day and tried to back us. There are bad cops, and yes videos have surfaced, but not near to the degree the media would have you believe.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                    Not really disputing there may have been some errors made. Would just like to see the whole video.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Can we tar and feather the nardtard who called 911 about a gun? Clearly, they watch too much Price is Right.

Comment

OK so story time.

We get a call that this guy is being shot at it in the River Bend apartments. We get out there and secure the scene and this guy is parked in the middle of the street with his door folded forward. He was between two of the buildings headed toward the exit. He told us the guy had been shooting at him by the car and then as he went down Pleasant Run. We did here a loud pop noise right as the call was coming out. Now remember we are already working a shooting where the victim got his ear blown in two and that guy didn't want our help. So we jump in our cars and haul ass over the River Bend. We start interviewing the guy and he is a real Gem. He had been stalking his ex girlfriend and driving around the complex waiting on her to come home. Probably a little high also. So the girl and her new fella comes home. He drives up behind them and jumps out of the car talking shit. Guy with his girl jumps out and pops the trunk telling him he had something for him. So stalker guy jumps back in his Cutlass, and proceeds to haul ass. Wellllllllll he ran out of gas about 30 feet up the road. So the other guy is wide open on his ass. He jumps out and runs between a couple of buildings. The guy just smokes his door into the front fender. We were told the other guy pulled off some rounds once on Pleasant Run but we never heard it or saw any indication of that. Guess who went to jail for warrants!

I am writing a book called cop lite, with all of my thoughts on LE. The good, the bad, and the ugly. It should be fairly entertaining. My wife will be my editor.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
                          Can we tar and feather the nardtard who called 911 about a gun? Clearly, they watch too much Price is Right.
                          You know, I flat out tell people I stop, what the call was sometimes. I will even show them the call sheet sometimes. Townspeople can make the police look racist.

I stopped a car once and the call sheet had read, three white males and a sketchy looking black male were possibly stealing a car. I told them what it said and they all busted out laughing. It was an anonymous tip so I showed them the call sheet. Well, while their mom was coming to pick them up. They had just snuck out in her car. But still, there is a lot of people that call in on everyone. I use common sense and don't even approach people sometimes. They are clearly out walking and not up to no good. Or we get a shit load of calls on utility workers and such.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

OK so story time.

We get a call that this guy is being shot at it in the River Bend apartments. We get out there and secure the scene and this guy is parked in the middle of the street with his door folded forward. He was between two of the buildings headed toward the exit. He told us the guy had been shooting at him by the car and then as he went down Pleasant Run. We did here a loud pop noise right as the call was coming out. Now remember we are already working a shooting where the victim got his ear blown in two and that guy didn't want our help. So we jump in our cars and haul ass over the River Bend. We start interviewing the guy and he is a real Gem. He had been stalking his ex girlfriend and driving around the complex waiting on her to come home. Probably a little high also. So the girl and her new fella comes home. He drives up behind them and jumps out of the car talking shit. Guy with his girl jumps out and pops the trunk telling him he had something for him. So stalker guy jumps back in his Cutlass, and proceeds to haul ass. Wellllllllll he ran out of gas about 30 feet up the road. So the other guy is wide open on his ass. He jumps out and runs between a couple of buildings. The guy just smokes his door into the front fender. We were told the other guy pulled off some rounds once on Pleasant Run but we never heard it or saw any indication of that. Guess who went to jail for warrants!

I am writing a book called cop lite, with all of my thoughts on LE. The good, the bad, and the ugly. It should be fairly entertaining. My wife will be my editor.
                            The Ex Girlfriend?

I am writing a book too, called "The Shit I've Seen" from my time overseas. It is gonna be a pop-up coffee table book full of pictures and stories. Been writing it in my head for years. The original title was "The Poop Diaries". Sort of a book about shit, literally.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Some of you bad asses would not make it a week in LE.
                              Make that NONE.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                                Make that NONE.
                                Why? Do departments fire officers who refuse to shoot innocent people or family pets?
                                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                                X