$4.5M 1911 set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4.5M 1911 set

For four-and-a-half billion years, the Gibeon meteorite flew through the depths of space. When pre-historic man discovered its remains in sub-Saharan Africa, they used the metal to make some of mankind’s first weapons. Thousands of years later, Cabot Guns has repeated the feat, transforming a 35kg (77-lb) chunk of Gibeon into a mirror-image pair of left and right-handed working pistols named The Big Bang Pistol Set.
    “Craftsman and meteorite collectors have long-prized the Gibeon meteorite for the beauty of its Widmanstatten crystalline pattern,” Cabot Founder and President Rob Bianchin says. “Luxury goods companies have used it to make watch faces, jewelry and other artistic objects. This is the first time anyone’s ever made a functioning mechanical device out of the material.”
    Working with meteorite is no small feat – from a metallurgy standpoint, the material lacks perfect uniformity, not to mention the hundreds of tiny extra-terrestrial inclusions blasted into the Gibeon meteorite's interior during its journey to Earth.
    Cabot Guns used X-ray photography, 3-D modeling, CAD-CAM design, aerospace construction techniques, electron-beam technology, and endless hours of careful craftsmanship to create two matching (left and right handed) out-of-this-world specimens based on John Moses Browning’s legendary 1911-style pistol design.
    Each component was laboriously planned, tested and painstakingly cut to incorporate both the exterior bark (regmaglypts) and interior of the meteorite as design elements.
    The aesthetic finish of the pistols is Cabots’ homage to the various states that can be drawn from this rarest of material. The Widmanstatten pattern was developed by the very slow cooling of the planetesimal core at a rate of a few degrees per million years. “Drawing out the Widmanstatten from the material through acid etching is an art itself,” say Cabot COO and lead engineer, Michael Hebor. “It has a will of it’s own.”
    The result is an aesthetic tour-de-force -- from the prized Widmanstetten pattern adorning both major and minor surfaces to the high-polish grips and judicious use of the meteor’s “bark” on the trigger face and grips. And yes, the guns work.
    “We test-fired both guns at our Indiana facility,” Bianchin reveals. “It was even more nerve-racking than the first time we cut through the meteor. But they shot. Everything worked exactly as it should.”
    What is price for perfection? “We’re listing them at $4,500,000,” Bianchin says, “which is the current record for the most expensive firearms ever sold. Worth every penny.”
    In addition to introducing the meteorite pistols, Cabot Guns presented a Sandrin knife constructed from the space age material tungsten carbide adorned with meteorite handles . “The Sandrin knife is the perfect compliment to the guns,” states Bianchin. “Crafted to tolerances measured in parallelism of 0.0002 inches, the knife is a work of art unto itself -- and by far and away the most precise knife ever made by man. We’re calling it The Big Bang Knife.” Cabot Guns will be making Sandrin tungsten carbide knives available to the public starting in June.
    “In the last five years, Cabot Guns has made a meteoric rise to the top of the luxury firearms industry. It’s only appropriate that we now make pistols made from a world famous meteor,” says Bianchin tongue in cheek.
    Kings, Pharaohs and conquerors have historically carried -- for both ceremonial and practical purposes -- weapons of unmatched construction and aesthetic appeal, constructed of rare and exotic materials. Perhaps now a modern sovereign may carry at their sides and in their hands a weapon with no earthly equal.
    Fort Wayne, IN (PRWEB) May 23, 2016 -- For four-and-a-half billion years, the Gibeon meteorite flew through the depths of space. When pre-historic man...

The Big Bang Set The timeless design of the 1911, the ageless significance of interstellar materials, the innovative techniques of an all-American gun company – a trinity of circumstance, fused together into the perfect embodiment of a transcendent vision. We present Cabot’s magnum opus: The Big Bang Pistol Set. The Big Bang Set After billions […]
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post

Fort Wayne, IN (PRWEB) May 23, 2016 -- For four-and-a-half billion years, the Gibeon meteorite flew through the depths of space. When pre-historic man...

http://meteorite.cabotgun.com/
    So SVO's finally selling them
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Shit, he supplied them with the raw materials!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
      "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
        Busted out laughing at this.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
          I am a HiPower guy and none of my 1911's are anything special.

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Busted out laughing at this.
          Me too.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I have several 1911s. My overwhelming complaint is they are a pita to break down and clean. That directly effects how often i shoot them. I also find most non-issue guns to be lacking in the reliability realm.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I just lock the slides back and pop them in the dishwasher. Make sure to use jet dry though.
              Originally posted by Marisa
              we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I have several 1911s. My overwhelming complaint is they are a pita to break down and clean. That directly effects how often i shoot them. I also find most non-issue guns to be lacking in the reliability realm.
                You clean yours?
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

But 1911 cj. I enjoy them after owning a few but I found I spent more time looking at them vs shooting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                    But 1911 cj. I enjoy them after owning a few but I found I spent more time looking at them vs shooting them.
                    One of my favorite looking pistols that I hate to shoot. They just are not comfortable to shoot, and as CJ said, they suck to clean.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                      You clean yours?
                      Last time I cleaned them I had a full head of hair.

Comment

Last time I cleaned them I had a full head of hair.
                        Glad I'm not the only one. I shot mine in a match the other day and a huge piece of lint flew out from carrying.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                          Glad I'm not the only one. I shot mine in a match the other day and a huge piece of lint flew out from carrying.
                          lol

Comment

Working...
                          X