Trusts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Semper299 View Post
    I am pretty ignorant when it comes to trusts, so please bare with me. I pay a lawyer 9300 dollars to set up a trust, and that allows me to transfer NFA regulated stuff once I purchase it and pay the tax stamp. Here is where my ignorance comes in. I have to pay the tax stamp regardless, so what are the advantages of a gun trust?

Thanks in advance for the info.
    The Trust needs to contain specific verbiage regarding the purchasing and possessing of NFA items. There are lawyers that specialize in Trusts designed for just that but if they set it up right, it can cover a whole lot more. My Trust and the one that a lot of folks from the board have used, is roughly 21 pages with the Schedule A. There is a solid page plus devoted to the handling of NFA by the Trust and Trustees, etc.

Advantage of Trust is the Trust now owns the NFA item, not you personally. You as the Settler are the primary beneficiary but you can list Trustees who benefit also in that they can be in possession of NFA items that the Trust owns.

Technically, I personally do not own any NFA items. But my Trust does.

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
    Thanks guys. I have it all taken care of now! As far as payment for the tax stamp, do you guys just send in a personal check for the $200? I saw some people on another site talking about opening an account for the trust and paying from it. I don't get why the atf wouldd give two shits who pays the tax stamp.
    All my stamps fees were paid out of my personal checking with a personal check. One of these days I am going to open a checking account for the Trust but just have never got around to it.

If you can figure out the online Form application process that will cut down on the wait time considerably based on other folks results here so far.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

eforms are a great tool, however they are a double edged sword. You really need to make sure the forms are filled out perfectly. One error and you get kicked and have to start the wait process all over. It isn't like how paper forms work where you keep your place in line.
      Last edited by CJ; 02-13-2014, 08:21 AM.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        eforms are a great tool, however they are a double edged sword. You really need to make sure the forms are filled out perfectly. One error and you get kicked and have to start the wait process all over. It isn't like paper works where you keep your place in line.
        I hope to hell I filled mine out ok ....

Comment

Thanks for the responses. The CLEO thing has never been a problem, so I guess that is why I did not understand the trust. I understand more about it now. Thanks!

Comment

I'm just hoping the damn Efile sight starts working right again, so we can get mine filed 😕
            "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
            http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
            Factory Five MK4 Cobra
            Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
            http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
            www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
              I'm just hoping the damn Efile sight starts working right again, so we can get mine filed 😕
              Did we get you setup with everything?
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                Did we get you setup with everything?
                Yea everything is good to go. Chris scanned it for me the other night and has been trying to Efile it, but the sight has been acting up.
                Thanks for your help.
                "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                sigpic

Comment

The advantage to having a checking account in the name of the trust to pay for NFA items, is no worry, if the ATF wants to get down and dirty, that there is a co-mingling of funds and they try to say that the trust is not the one paying for the items...
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                    The advantage to having a checking account in the name of the trust to pay for NFA items, is no worry, if the ATF wants to get down and dirty, that there is a co-mingling of funds and they try to say that the trust is not the one paying for the items...
                    I ended up buying a suppressor from Silencer shop out of austin, you can actually pay the tax stamp through them and they will send a check for the stamp. Seems good to me.

Has anyone read the ATF 41P. I have just read comments on it but not the actual meat. I figured some of you guys may be versed in it since i know a lot of you guys have been doing this a while.

Comment

Here is a link to $99 trust that i get an email every week from. Legit place for gun stuff, i buy magazines from them all the time, not sure whats all involved in this, but seems like a good deal

2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

At the Allen gun show. $200 cash for a single or multi generation trust. We can print it off today as well as notarize it.
                        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          At the Allen gun show. $200 cash for a single or multi generation trust. We can print it off today as well as notarize it.
                          We? Who is offering the trust?

Comment

Or you can get one right here on the forum for under a hundo.

Comment

Digging up this thread for a related question. If I am on a family member's trust (set up for NFA purposes) I can purchase NFA items under, and covered by that trust, correct? I am on it in case he passes, so that I can take possession of whatever he has.

Assuming so, just a tax stamp and update the schedule?

Not looking for anything big, just a suppressor. Being in Tarrant County, I understand that I can probably get a CLEO signoff anyways (eliminating the need for a trust), but would want it for the same reason I am on his.. So that my shit isn't forfeited if I die.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                                We? Who is offering the trust?
                                His employer I am assuming.

Comment

Working...
                                X