No announcement yet.

$52 Bravo Company BCG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dam you guys........had to order two as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
      1:9 twist... You obviously don't operate.
      I operate 55gr fmj's. No shame in my game!
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

ordered 2.

Comment

1:9 twist... You obviously don't operate.
          I'd rather have a 1:9 over a 1:7, I don't plan on shooting any 77gr out of it.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

any deals on lowers and kits?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
              any deals on lowers and kits?
              Psa had lower kits on sale a few weeks ago for 59.99 that came with an alg combat trigger.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I just picked up 2 of the PSA uppers and now I will have 2 complete rifles for less than $800.00

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                  I just picked up 2 of the PSA uppers and now I will have 2 complete rifles for less than $800.00
                  Brought to you by Obama.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    I'd rather have a 1:9 over a 1:7, I don't plan on shooting any 77gr out of it.
                    I keep telling myself that, but knowing I "cant" shoot 77grn bothers me.
                    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

And yet there is still 500lb neck beards buying $1100 bush masters at academy with MOE goodies. Seen it with my own eyes.
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Comment

I keep telling myself that, but knowing I "cant" shoot 77grn bothers me.
                        With that length barrel a 77gr would deliver less energy than an applicable 55gr or 62gr, I wouldn't worry too much. But I see what you're saying. I'd rather take barrel life.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          With that length barrel a 77gr would deliver less energy than an applicable 55gr or 62gr, I wouldn't worry too much. But I see what you're saying. I'd rather take barrel life.
                          I hear what you are saying, but AR15.com disagrees

I'm broke this month anyway, all my gun buying went towards my new safe.

Comment

I hear what you are saying, but AR15.com disagrees

I'm broke this month anyway, all my gun buying went towards my new safe.
                            lol, yeah AR15.com is literally the worst place to go for information. 80% of the posters just transitioned from airsoft a few weeks prior. It's not a bad place for M16 info and the equipment exchange though.

Comment

And yet there is still 500lb neck beards buying $1100 bush masters at academy with MOE goodies. Seen it with my own eyes.
                              No doubt. I am by no means an expert when it comes to the go to places to find daily deals but I do know one when I see it. I know I'm preaching to the choir but assembling a basic AR is like playing with Legos. I am the armorer for my unit and I constantly get soldiers asking me where to buy an AR. I tell them all of the basic places to go and how easy it is to build one. Most dudes just end up going to academy and buying the cheapest thing there and try to hit me up for a "hookup" on some of the furniture from the supply closet.

Comment

No doubt. I am by no means an expert when it comes to the go to places to find daily deals but I do know one when I see it. I know I'm preaching to the choir but assembling a basic AR is like playing with Legos. I am the armorer for my unit and I constantly get soldiers asking me where to buy an AR. I tell them all of the basic places to go and how easy it is to build one. Most dudes just end up going to academy and buying the cheapest thing there and try to hit me up for a "hookup" on some of the furniture from the supply closet.
                                Yes I would agree with that.

I've always found an interest in the price differences. As far as true "quality" when it comes to AR15's, a bottom of the barrel PTAC upper vs. a Colt 6920 there really are few differences. All of the parts used are just about the same, it's really how the parts are installed (canted front sights, etc) But all of this can be inspected up front. As long as the gun is built properly, for semi auto use I wouldn't be surprised if performance and reliability were roughly the same. Most of what Colt does military proofing and quality control (MPI Bolt, etc.) which is largely unnecessary for semi auto guns. I personally have never seen a broken bolt on any AR15 to date. Usually the failures you see (not originating from improper construction) are worn out extractors/springs.

I've always wanted to get a PTAC upper and a Colt upper and flog the shit out of them on auto and see the difference.
                                Last edited by CJ; 04-28-2014, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X