Recommendations for .22 pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for .22 pistol

Recently sold my P22 because I never did like it. Looking to replace it with something else. Want something that is not a pita to break down and clean, has a threaded barrel, or I guess I could have it threaded, and cycles just about any ammo well. The p22 would not cycle subsonic or cheap plinking ammo. I have considered the SR22, 22/45, 22/45Lite, M&P22, Buckmark. Thnds

Threaded Buckmark, all the way.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by billybob81 View Post
      Recently sold my P22 because I never did like it. Looking to replace it with something else. Want something that is not a pita to break down and clean, has a threaded barrel, or I guess I could have it threaded, and cycles just about any ammo well. The p22 would not cycle subsonic or cheap plinking ammo. I have considered the SR22, 22/45, 22/45Lite, M&P22, Buckmark. Thnds
      I have both the 22/45 Lite and the M&P 22. I enjoy them both but my default gun to take to the range is my 22/45 Lite because I have a speed loader for it and I did a trigger job. I enjoy shooting the M&P 22 a lot, the trigger just isnt as good and it takes much longer to load the mags.

Go for the 22/45 Lite, you wont be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
        I have both the 22/45 Lite and the M&P 22. I enjoy them both but my default gun to take to the range is my 22/45 Lite because I have a speed loader for it and I did a trigger job. I enjoy shooting the M&P 22 a lot, the trigger just isnt as good and it takes much longer to load the mags.

Go for the 22/45 Lite, you wont be disappointed.
        +1 ------- what he said. 22/45 lite. All around great gun.

Comment

still trying to decide. I already have a buckmark, so do I just have the barrel threaded(any recommendations on who to use?), buy a tactical solutions threaded barrel in either 4" or 5.5", or just go with a Ruger 22/45 Lite? I really like the 22/45, but don't know if it's worth spending the extra money. Which one do you guys have, the duo-tone or the black? Rail or adjustable sights? Going to make my decision in the next day or two so any other advice/feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

I have the m&p and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by billybob81 View Post
              still trying to decide. I already have a buckmark, so do I just have the barrel threaded(any recommendations on who to use?), buy a tactical solutions threaded barrel in either 4" or 5.5", or just go with a Ruger 22/45 Lite? I really like the 22/45, but don't know if it's worth spending the extra money. Which one do you guys have, the duo-tone or the black? Rail or adjustable sights? Going to make my decision in the next day or two so any other advice/feedback is appreciated! Thanks!
              I have the black with adjustable sights. I prefer the irons to a optic at this point. After I buy a fastfire III that will change things.

Comment

The new M&P 22 compact. Its about the size of a Glock 19 but thinner. I love mine. Awesome trigger for a stock 22lr pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper299 View Post
                  The new M&P 22 compact. Its about the size of a Glock 19 but thinner. I love mine. Awesome trigger for a stock 22lr pistol.
                  If the trigger/hammer/sear is of the same design as the full sized M&P 22 it gets really gritty fast when used with a suppressor.

Comment

My favorite 22 pistol to shoot is my PPK. Put a supressor on the end of it and feel like 007 everytime I pull the trigger.
                    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

My buddy has a 22/45 and I love that gun and want to buy one. Just make sure you stay away from the sig mosquito.

I have a S&W 622 that I really like, seems to eat any ammo I put through it. It is a bitch to take down and clean and put back together, though. And I do not know if they come with a threaded barrel if that matters at all.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Ruger MKIII 22/45 lite hands down. I've owned them all.

It will be a pain in the ass to break down and clean though. There's a trick to getting them back together when you have to learn.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                          If the trigger/hammer/sear is of the same design as the full sized M&P 22 it gets really gritty fast when used with a suppressor.
                          The full sized is made by Walther, and this new 22c is made here in the US by S&W. There was something I read about the firing mech being different, but I don't remember right now what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            Ruger MKIII 22/45 lite hands down. I've owned them all.

It will be a pain in the ass to break down and clean though. There's a trick to getting them back together when you have to learn.
                            I must be weird. I prefer my MKII 22/45 over my lite. I might have put 50 rounds through my lite. Just didn't care much for it.
                            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                              I must be weird. I prefer my MKII 22/45 over my lite. I might have put 50 rounds through my lite. Just didn't care much for it.
                              I actually feel somewhat similar. I have a Mk III target and a 22/45 Lite and I prefer the Mk III. I like the grip angle of the 22/45 more but the trigger from the factory feels much nicer on the Mk III. Could have just gotten lucky with mine and not as much so with the Lite but who knows. I'm sure the Lite will be fantastic with a little clean up

Comment

Working...
                              X