Which red dot sight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which red dot sight?

What kind of red dot sights are you guys using on your AR platforms?

There are so many options out there that I'm not even sure where to start.

I'd like to be able to use it along with the iron sights without having to remove it. This will be going on a 7.5" 5.56 platform.

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    What kind of red dot sights are you guys using on your AR platforms?

There are so many options out there that I'm not even sure where to start.

I'd like to be able to use it along with the iron sights without having to remove it. This will be going on a 7.5" 5.56 platform.
    Primary Arms red dot (or micro dot) with a flip to side mount. Great bang to buck ratio in my opinion.

I just build a 7.5 and had an older version of their red dot sitting on the shelf so I put it on. Haven't shot it yet but I expect it will perform well.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Running an Aimpoint Comp M4 on one of mine, Eotech XPS2 on another, and Eotech 510 on the Colt .22

Comment

My $50 Sightmark reflex sight continues to hold zero and work just fine on my cheap ass Hi-Point carbine.

Comment

I've got the Aimpoint Comp M4s and the PA clone of it as well.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I'm very happy with my Primary Arms micro red dot and 3x magnifier. The Magpul BUIS fits nicely under magnifier.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures. I was wondering what it would look like on the rifle. I dig it.

Comment

If you decide you want one of the PA micro dots I have an extra I pulled off a rifle I sold. It looks like the side adjust models are out of stock until the end of the month.

Comment

Aimpoint M2. But will be buying a PA Micro for another project.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I have PA dots on 3 rifles, and an Aimpoint Pro on 1. The Aimpoint is obviously awesome, but I won't spend $400 on another dot. For the money, the PA dots are excellent.

Comment

PA if it's going on any AR platform. The only time you need something better is if it's a specialty dot for a pistol, or something that has to take massive recoil.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                      X