Honest question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fastback View Post
    Maybe you seminary guys can explain how Jesus is his own person, yet is also God, 100%. As his own person he says stuff like "nobody knows the hour or the day (no angels know) not even me, the Son, only the Father." And as God he does all the miracles, healings, mind readings, knows stuff about ppl like that lady at the well that at the moment she is with some dude, but also has an estranged husband. It's like he's an abbreviated version of God Wait. I think I just figured something out. He said something about "don't touch me, I haven't ascended to the Father yet."
    No explanation needed. Faith in something that cannot be proven is the absolute Foundation of Christianity. What's the point of believing if there's explicit proof; it doesn't take much work to believe what's right in front of you and explicitly and demonstrably real. I went to Seminary and became agnostic and or atheist because of it.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      No explanation needed. Faith in something that cannot be proven is the absolute Foundation of Christianity. What's the point of believing if there's explicit proof; it doesn't take much work to believe what's right in front of you and explicitly and demonstrably real. I went to Seminary and became agnostic and or atheist because of it.
      Worldviews often do have faith in something unproven as a foundation. This is one of my favorite cartoons bc it points out evolution takes faith too.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        There are so many clueless ass hats in churches that it makes your head spin when you get them talking.
        Ugh don't remind me. I was raised in a hellfire and brimstone church in a small town. It's ridiculous but hey, whatever floats your boat I guess. They gotta get their feeels, maaan.

As for evolution, it looks like it'll eventually be replaced with some variant of simulation theory. It's just about mainstream now, although not quite. That the universe is some form of simulation. Which obviously begs the question - Who built the simulation?

The creationists were right all along! rofl
        WH

Comment

Similarly the greatest minds of humankind have come up with the Big Bang theory as being the origin of the universe, with a mysterious "Singularity" at the source. Requires some considerable degree of faith in my opinion to accept this nebulous Singularity as presented, so I consider visualizing it as being a Mickey Mouse cartoon character dressed in wizard clothes waving stardust from his magic wand as being quite legit.

Comment

in high school my science teacher was explaining the universe and how it was infinite . sooo being the smartass i was i asked if it was infinite , it was ever expanding then just what the hell was on the other side . man hated me .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
              in high school my science teacher was explaining the universe and how it was infinite . sooo being the smartass i was i asked if it was infinite , it was ever expanding then just what the hell was on the other side . man hated me .
              HAHAHA! Great question.

Comment

The universe is endles. As the beginning is the same as the end of the universe. The black hole are the garbage disposal of the universe. When ever the planets around us died. All life fell off each planet and went into the back holes.

Who has heard of the "Antikythera Mechanism"? Interesting read now that we have possibly found out how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  I have some younger relatives, and one much older one, who pretty much buy into the MSM fodder. That being said I can still easily accept differing political opinions from my own, after all I used to be a liberal myself, lol.

My own doomsday fear is that an enemy of the U.S., either foreign or domestic, will successfully detonate a nuclear device on U.S. soil. That would crash the economy worse than COVID ever has so far.

If this happens then lets hope it’s detonated over DC…I wouldn’t shed a single tear if ALL of those fuckers died tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    This question is especially confounding to me, who is squarely in the middle. Half of my friends are right wing conspiracy wackos (yes, that includes all of you guys) and the other half are pinko commie snowflakes. Both sides are easy to get along with until one of them takes it to the extreme, then I just roll my eyes and change the subject.

Politics and the media are full of shit, and the whole system is broken, but it's the best one there is, so I just grit my teeth and hang on.

This naïveté is dangerous. The democrat party is destroying what’s left of “America” to rebuild it to fit their ideals. This is way past a difference of opinion…and your laissez faire stance is what led to every act of genocide by government. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
                    You can call me a right wing nut job if you want, but I see myself as a constitution loving American and I will die defending it from those who seek to destroy it. This isn’t just empty words. I came close to death many times in the military and watched others lay down their lives for same.

Let’s hope that what I’ve seen and experienced never comes to our country.

Comment

Expansion of the universe into the void is creating space itself as it expands.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. I’m not sure about the universe.”

Said some above average smart guy. We are living it.

Comment

what's happening to our country is much like boot camp in the 60's . they tear you down then rebuild you to do as your told . in the last 50 years they have slowly removed us from the system . most dont vote or set in the middle and cast silly ass votes that will accomplish nothing . i actually had a friend write in Alfred E Newman back when carter ran . but this is not the first time this has gone down . the same people have tried to take control of the republican party also . that's where Rino's came from .
                          my hope is that they have pushed a little too far this time and just maybe America will turn red white and blue again .

Comment

Working...
                          X