Anyone race Lemons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone race Lemons?

Me and a couple of guys are going to Austin next weekend to look at/buy a Lemons car. Early 90's Miata.

Just wondering if anyone partakes and what to expect/look for, both on the car and at the track.
    G'Day Mate

Pretty sure DJ still races Lemons.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

More times than I can remember

Its more of an event than an actual race. Its fun and great experience for new road racers or if you want to have a car thing to do with buddies. Good shenanigans provided by Lemons crew. With a Miata they will give you more poking during inspection because there are so many ways to cheat with Miatas. Just make it look like a heap with a good cage to their specs and solid safety equipment. Enjoy and have fun. Don't worry about standings and just have fun running around a road coarse.

We graduated to Chump Car (at the time) then World Racing league before team stopped racing. If I was going back into race team I'd go back into Champ Car (was Chump Car.) World Racing League has become big buck racing.
      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
        More times than I can remember

Its more of an event than an actual race. Its fun and great experience for new road racers or if you want to have a car thing to do with buddies. Good shenanigans provided by Lemons crew. With a Miata they will give you more poking during inspection because there are so many ways to cheat with Miatas. Just make it look like a heap with a good cage to their specs and solid safety equipment. Enjoy and have fun. Don't worry about standings and just have fun running around a road coarse.

We graduated to Chump Car (at the time) then World Racing league before team stopped racing. If I was going back into race team I'd go back into Champ Car (was Chump Car.) World Racing League has become big buck racing.
        Thanks for the info. The car we're looking at looks like a total pile, but claims to be sorted.

The other three guys in the group constitute a Trans Am/SVRA driver, his shop manager and one of their lead mechanics. I feel like we'll be focused more on winning than hanging out.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
          Thanks for the info. The car we're looking at looks like a total pile, but claims to be sorted.

The other three guys in the group constitute a Trans Am/SVRA driver, his shop manager and one of their lead mechanics. I feel like we'll be focused more on winning than hanging out.
          Just fyi Lemons puts little fanfare on the winners. They like more of your theme and your fun level personality. You are there to entertain the judges...which can be fun also. But its cheap road racing.

Enjoy and have fun!
          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

The car we're looking at looks like a total pile, but claims to be sorted.
            Perfect
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
              Just fyi Lemons puts little fanfare on the winners. They like more of your theme and your fun level personality. You are there to entertain the judges...which can be fun also. But its cheap road racing.

Enjoy and have fun!
              Yeah, I get the fun run side of it, and I'm sure it'll be a blast, but I know the crew and I know the competitiveness. I'm just looking forward to something cheaper than TA2 that is almost as much fun.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                Perfect
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Thanks for the link. Making an offer now!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Miatas? I always knew you were gay, ever since the time you first tried to kiss me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      You should hire Perez to deliver it.
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        Miatas? I always knew you were gay, ever since the time you first tried to kiss me.
                        Your dick in his ass wasn't the first clue?
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

Your dick in his ass wasn't the first clue?
                          It's not gay if you don't kiss.

Comment

Every Lemons car I know of costs way more than the rules say it should..... or it never finishes a race.

Comment

Working...
                            X