Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
    i just would not want to replace the batteries . chocho $$$$
    You should save more than enough to replace the batteries via fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Shit, your average electric owner is not going to be throwing the gas savings money into a pickle jar labeled "New battery fund". Instead, they're going to buy starbucks/netflix/disney plus/motor trend on demand/hookers/blow/cowskin rugs, and when the battery shits the bed, they're still going to be too broke to buy one.

Comment

She sent it to Bird_dog0347 for upgrades.
        Fuck yeah she did...
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          Shit, your average electric owner is not going to be throwing the gas savings money into a pickle jar labeled "New battery fund". Instead, they're going to buy starbucks/netflix/disney plus/motor trend on demand/hookers/blow/cowskin rugs, and when the battery shits the bed, they're still going to be too broke to buy one.
          I get that. Every dollar someone saves on a deal they think they can spend it elsewhere. I'm just saying that in practice, you should be able to cover the battery replacement and still come out ahead on fuel savings.

Comment

Ya, I bet that thing won’t make it 100 feet with a dozen 18s and eleventy-meelion jiggawatts banging around like pissed off gorillas in the back. But I still want to try it.

Or... tons and 40s.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              It just illustrates what I have been saying on here, until the battery situation gets better this isn't really a solution.

This thing will be great for driving around town for deliveries and for commercial fleets. But for over the road, forget it. They said it can tow 10,000 pounds. I bet it goes less than 100 miles doing that. Then it will take 45 minutes to charge up again. The charging time alone makes it a complete non starter for anyone who pulls anything a reasonable distance.

The price is surprisingly low and they said that the batteries take less cobalt. Those are both positive things.
              If you tow a generator and hook it up to charge the vehicle while driving can you drive forever?

Comment

I haven't looked at anything other than Zero and KTM motorcycles really, but how much electricity does it take and cost to charge sayyyy a Tesla VS the cost of gas in a similar sized ICE car? People act like electricity is free. I have seriously considered the KTM E-Freeride just for the lack of maintenance. Zero has some cool street bikes also.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  I haven't looked at anything other than Zero and KTM motorcycles really, but how much electricity does it take and cost to charge sayyyy a Tesla VS the cost of gas in a similar sized ICE car? People act like electricity is free. I have seriously considered the KTM E-Freeride just for the lack of maintenance. Zero has some cool street bikes also.
                  They say a model X cost about $15 to fully charge on average. I believe it has a 360 mile range. It's a 100kWh battery if you want to take your elect rates and figure it out.

Comment

They say a model X cost about $15 to fully charge on average. I believe it has a 360 mile range. It's a 100kWh battery if you want to take your elect rates and figure it out.
                    Interesting. That's not too bad and my rates are currently really good.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Also, I think Teslas new battery tech is going to start rolling out in their vehicles next year.

Musk said Tesla achieved this breakthrough by removing the tab, a part of the battery that forms a connection between the cell and what it is powering. These new tabless cells, which Tesla is calling 4860 cells, will give the company’s EV batteries five times more energy capacity, make them six times more powerful, and enable a 16 percent range increase for Tesla’s vehicles. The tabless cells were among the first announcements from Tesla’s Battery Day.

Comment

The electric F150 would seem to be well suited for a concrete Cowboy or urban Cowboy.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                          The electric F150 would seem to be well suited for a concrete Cowboy or urban Cowboy.
                          That would be the thing that would make me disregard it. I need an offroader just to get to my property.

Comment

Just not good looking to me...none of the electric vehicles are.
                            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                              Just not good looking to me...none of the electric vehicles are.
                              You old.

Comment

Yeah that new F-150 E, is cool and lots of new tech, but they ain't going to fuck with the looks, why change too much when it's the best selling truck around. I like the towing, the range, the option to generate power to your home, the Frunk.
                                But I definitely agree with you guys, make a Single/Extended Cab performance Lightning version
                                Though it beats that peice of shit Tesla is calling a truck.
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X