McKinney GMC can fuck off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    I know, I have already suffered the disappointment of him telling me no.
    Damn it man! Way to ruin my evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      Damn it man! Way to ruin my evening.
      I love Pantera too.

Comment

Haha, no, not that I'm aware of. However, I'm sure people ask him all the time if he's related to me.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Yeah - I was in the SUV market for the wife a few months ago. Due to cargo space and pricing it was the Palisade we landed on. Hit 3-4 dealerships, they all had them marked up another 4-10K over what they should have been and did 0 negotiating and low ball on trade-ins.

Traded one vehicle at CarMax for fair price.

Went to cars.com put in the make/model and mileage requirements (under 10K) - nothing looked well. Turned on their alerts, then next day got an alert for one in Granbury with 4K mileage on it. They offered a fair price on the remaining trade-in I had...etc - all-in-all it was around 14K saved.

I'll remember which dealerships sucked the most. A couple of them just doing business in the market, but some showed multiple vehicles in stock that were not or were priced differently. Dealers in Sherman and McKinney were the worse.

...plenty of folks seemed highly interested in paying that mark-up though.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Being a GM of an independent all I can say is the market is beyond fucked and it will not be getting better anytime soon. I sell around 140 to 160 a month and it is nuts what the used cars/trucks are bringing. But people need vehicles and some are willing to pay, but it is even getting hard to buy them and turn a profit.

Comment

Layman speculation on my part...

I think the new car market will improve in a year or two after the chip shortage is resolved. But, the used car market may take years to adjust. Look at what happened to the used market after the buy back in 2010/2011. Used car values everywhere went up. This was also impacted by the Chrysler/GM bankruptcies and the reduced automotive manufacturing capacity.

Comment

Let the junkyards just start fixing and reselling anything that come through there that's still roadworthy once fixed

get all that old junk back on the road
                WH

Comment

Considering how little cars there are to sell, im sure every single salesman is pulling out all the stops on underhanded shitty tactics they can to A) land a sale, and B) make as much off it as possible because they have less cars to sell each month .

I hated the shopping experience on my 2016 RS and i am hating the shopping experience for a 2020-21 GT500 even more. The chip shortage is just another wiener they are trying to jam in your ass when it comes to pricing games.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Let the junkyards just start fixing and reselling anything that come through there that's still roadworthy once fixed

get all that old junk back on the road
                    That "junk" is usually worth more as scrap than as a running/driving car and they don't have to hire a fleet of mechanics to put things back together. A lot of yards do just what you're proposing already, others resale nicer ones but they aren't going to invest anything more than a car wash in a salvage car most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                      Considering how little cars there are to sell, im sure every single salesman is pulling out all the stops on underhanded shitty tactics they can to A) land a sale, and B) make as much off it as possible because they have less cars to sell each month .

I hated the shopping experience on my 2016 RS and i am hating the shopping experience for a 2020-21 GT500 even more. The chip shortage is just another wiener they are trying to jam in your ass when it comes to pricing games.
                      Oooofff, a GT500 I bet they are going to break it off in your ass worse than normal right now. Best of luck to you!
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        That "junk" is usually worth more as scrap than as a running/driving car and they don't have to hire a fleet of mechanics to put things back together. A lot of yards do just what you're proposing already, others resale nicer ones but they aren't going to invest anything more than a car wash in a salvage car most of the time.
                        Yep, junkyards do pretty well in a bad economy (or in this case a shortage) people have less money for new cars/parts.
                        1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                        1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                        2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                          I bought a Ranger with Tremor package 6 weeks or so ago. I tried the Frisco stealership. Traded emails and phone calls (I have a Bronco Badlands on order with them), and they said come in. Short drive for me, so I did. I get there, and they lowball me on my trade plus will not honor X-plan due to inventory shortage. Needless to say I walked, and screw those guys. If I could move my Bronco purchase, I would. Bill Utter in Denton worked the deal with me entirely online/text and no complaints whatsoever. The GM even opened the parts department himself late on a Saturday so I could pick up some accessories after hours. McKinney GMC apparently doesn't want to grow their business.
                          How far along is your bronco order? VIN assigned yet? I’d contact Ford corporate as I’m pretty sure you can get it moved to another dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                            The chip shortage is just another wiener they are trying to jam in your ass when it comes to pricing games.

China's Auto-Chip Hoarding Probe Should Be Worrying Distributors

Bloomberg News
                            August 16, 2021, 5:30 AM CDT

Chen Yudong, the head of Bosch in China, started his speech at a forum in April with an apology aimed at automakers. Chen said the supplier had tried its very best to make more semiconductors but, just couldn’t churn out enough for everybody. He was sincere, though Bosch isn’t really the party at fault (even if Elon Musk would beg to differ). To the contrary, the companies in China that have made the chip shortage even worse by hoarding and inflating prices have remained silent. They may soon face the consequences.

Hoarding materials for profit is no strange phenomena in Asia’s biggest economy. There are numerous examples of goods being sold online for vastly elevated prices. In the car-chips world, some industry insiders told me that the average price of auto chips has soared by between 10 and 20 times, yet they’re still hard to get.

The global chip shortage that started at the end of last year is expected to cut car sales by around 3.9 million units in 2021. Carmakers are living in persistent panic due to the likelihood that an absence of any single kind of tiny semiconductor could lead to a production stoppage, particularly considering smart cars use some 1,700 chips. In extreme circumstances, automakers have had to make the cars without those precious components and store them, waiting for the chips to be delivered for the final touch. Another strategy has been to prioritize higher-margin vehicles and make those with what chips are available.

Who are these profiteers lining their pockets? Fingers are mainly pointing at chip dealers that have been sucking up stock to charge higher prices. In a commentary earlier this month, broadcaster CCTV said that some auto-chip distributors have “maliciously” pushed up prices and urged sellers to be disciplined and refrain from hoarding components. While these middlemen are making insane profits, automakers and their suppliers are having to idle assembly lines and send workers home.

The soaring prices have caught the attention of authorities. The State Administration for Market Regulation has launched a probe into possible price manipulation and vowed to punish any companies found to be hoarding chips or raising prices through collusion.

Automakers applauded the move with Ye Shengji, a vice secretary general of the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, telling me that “government agencies and industry associations should try various channels to stabilize car-chip prices and put an end to vicious bidding and other problems.”

Investors are spooked, perhaps rightly so after seeing how Beijing has gone after many other sectors, from data collection to online insurance, vaping and alcohol, education and property. China’s biggest chip foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International has fallen 10% this month while Shanghai-listed Will Semiconductor is down by a similar amount. Shares in chip developer and importer GigaDevice Semiconductor have tumbled 25%.

While some of the crackdowns China has instigated may be head-scratching, there is logic to this one. President Xi Jinping has made climate a national priority. A big part of that is continuing to foster the development of electric cars. Modern EVs, being more sophisticated than regular cars, need more chips and there can’t be more EVs if chips are being stockpiled for profit in warehouses. The State Administration for Market Regulation hasn’t named any names, not yet. Perhaps that will be its next move.

Comment

Working...
                            X