A/C clogged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C clogged?

So this Honda Odyssey has a HP line adapter that connects to the compressor. I couldn’t get mine off so I cut the sob out! But I accidentally cut a piece of it which I ended up fixing with some JB Weld (I think). Well, I had a leak so I figured I would shoot a can of sealant down the line and it worked well. AC blew cold for a week! Then not so cold.
    I know that everyone hates these leak sealers but hey, it worked. SO! I sprayed another one in and it gave me 2 weeks of cold air until it stopped again. Now it doesn’t work again so I removed the compressor to make sure my little rig was still holding up and it was and I also switched out the o-ring on the HP line to a fatter one. Pushed 2 cans of Freon through the system and that SOB was purging like it was running nitrous! I took it to one of those Kwik Kars to check it out and the guy said that I probably clogged up the system with those leak sealers. So if the system is clogged up, Where should I start replacing parts?
    .....bro....

Originally posted by A+ View Post
    So this Honda Odyssey has a HP line adapter that connects to the compressor. I couldn’t get mine off so I cut the sob out! But I accidentally cut a piece of it which I ended up fixing with some JB Weld (I think). Well, I had a leak so I figured I would shoot a can of sealant down the line and it worked well. AC blew cold for a week! Then not so cold.
    I know that everyone hates these leak sealers but hey, it worked. SO! I sprayed another one in and it gave me 2 weeks of cold air until it stopped again. Now it doesn’t work again so I removed the compressor to make sure my little rig was still holding up and it was and I also switched out the o-ring on the HP line to a fatter one. Pushed 2 cans of Freon through the system and that SOB was purging like it was running nitrous! I took it to one of those Kwik Kars to check it out and the guy said that I probably clogged up the system with those leak sealers. So if the system is clogged up, Where should I start replacing parts?

See if has an orifice tube to replace. Replace that, replace the dryer if you can, and fix the actual leak with parts. Have someone vacuum it and charge it to remove moisture. Spend a bit if you want it to keep working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A/C clogged?

it has an expansion valve, is that the same?
      Thank you.
      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
        See if has an orifice tube to replace. Replace that, replace the dryer if you can, and fix the actual leak with parts. Have someone vacuum it and charge it to remove moisture. Spend a bit if you want it to keep working.

That’s a different device, and those can become clogged and not work as well. This is usually caused by a failure of a compressor or something.

Comment

What year is it?

Comment

06 Odyssey Ex-L
            .....bro....

Comment

Working...
            X