15 years later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
    I went to Cedar Creek Lake drag strip last night (1/8th mile) Best time was an 8.09. The damn computer kept pulling power even with advanced trac off in Drag mode. it would hit 3rd or 4 th (sometimes in 1st and 2nd) and just fall on its face after a little wheel spin. At some point I read that the 6G mustang computer will still interfere with the advanced trac turned off, and my track expierence confirmed this. I found few threads about disabling the nannies fully by pulling a plug under the hood. I am stoked to get out there again and try running with this plug unplugged.

There was one run where it shifted into 4th and lost a little traction and I thought I broke something. My foot was on the floor and it wasn't doing shit....no pedal what so ever. I let out and looked around, pressed the pedal again and the car proceeded to accelerate again.

Apparently this isn't new information to some people, but I thought I would post it up here. I was at the track last night, and met another S550 owner who used to be a ford tech. He showed me this little jumper plug Ford put in the traction/stability control system. When removed it completely...

FYI for anyone interested. I would love to hear back from anyone unplugging this plug at the drag strip. It will be a little while until I can make it to the Dragstrip again.
    I just held the button down for 10 seconds to turn all of the nannies off. On the dyno they would pull a fuse but I can’t remember which one.
    Never had any interference up over 800whp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I just held the button down for 10 seconds to turn all of the nannies off. On the dyno they would pull a fuse but I can’t remember which one.
      Never had any interference up over 800whp.
      Sounds like you are running a good drag tire. I was on Toyo radials.

The Dyno guy probably pulled the plug im talking about, the word is when the front tires are stationary and the back are rotating the CPU has a fit. The plug is on the driver fender right by the air box. its just a looped wire. I pulled mine to see what happens and all the traction control was disabled (on the dash it showed disabled). I havent been back to the strip to try it out yet.

Comment

The Dyno guy probably pulled the plug im talking about, the word is when the front tires are stationary and the back are rotating the CPU has a fit. The plug is on the driver fender right by the air box. its just a looped wire. I pulled mine to see what happens and all the traction control was disabled (on the dash it showed disabled). I havent been back to the strip to try it out yet.
        Mickey Thompson ET Street SS - 19’s

Comment

They most likely just pulled fuse #62 for the dyno rather than unplugging anything.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
            Did you really think Ford reskinned a 94 GT and threw a new drivetrain at it?
            Did you really think someone would ask that? I know text doesn't convey the conversation beautifully, but still. You can do better than that I've seen you do it.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
              Fox Body and 5k(7.5k for inflation, maybe) still whoops that ass though.
              Not anymore, a good cat back is over $500.

I bet you can't do a decent fox exhaust for under $1k now. Inflation is rampant

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                Cherry Bombs and a Midas.

Comment

That's the number one reason I got the active exhaust from the factory on my '20 GT. Aftermarket exhaust like headers, X/H-pipe and a set of mufflers will run almost $3k for a nice setup with labor.

I just got a Borla Switchfire and let it ride with my AE and I can go from mild to wild with a switch on the dash. My Borla was around $400.xx but I know Matt and Marty spent half that for their H-pipes.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Anyone running beadlocks? Are they really needed for a 600-700hp car?

I want some drag tires, but I don't want to buy Nitto DRs and find out they cant handle the HP and I need to buy ET Street R to replace them, and of course rims. If I'm going to end up buying rims and tires I would rather buy them to start...

If you are running ET street R tires on an S550 what size are you using?

Comment

Who said anything about decent, just looking for fast.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      Cherry Bombs and a Midas.
                      This guy gets it.
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

Anyone running beadlocks? Are they really needed for a 600-700hp car?

I want some drag tires, but I don't want to buy Nitto DRs and find out they cant handle the HP and I need to buy ET Street R to replace them, and of course rims. If I'm going to end up buying rims and tires I would rather buy them to start...
                        If you are running ET street R tires on an S550 what size are you using?
                        You don’t need bead locks. I’m making somewhere north of 1000 on Forgeline 18’s without issues.

You can get a nice You can get a MT ET street SS at 305/40/18 on that car with a Forgestar or similar wheel and will probably be satisfied with the results, and enjoy the drive ability.

Comment

Any reason you didn't go with 17 inch rims? I see that online as being very popular.

Comment

Any reason you didn't go with 17 inch rims? I see that online as being very popular.
                            17’s will be great on the Mustang.

The current car is a c7 which is why I’m on 18’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              17’s will be great on the Mustang.

The current car is a c7 which is why I’m on 18’s.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                                You misspelled Grindr.com
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X