On our way out of Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    All part of the plan to hand it over early to Kamalalalala.
    Sleepy Joe should send his VP to Afghanistan to demand in person to the bearded ones that they respect all human rights and grant full equality to women in their society. If that doesn’t work send in the UN to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      So, wasn't this equipment "given" to the Afghan military, and not just left behind that the Afgans then abandoned it?

How exactly are you trying to lay this whole thing at Bidens feet?

Maybe he should have destroyed it all when confidence in the Afghan military was lost?
      I think everyone knew we'd be pulling out of Afghanistan but not like overnight. We handed Bagram over to the ANA on July 2nd and turned off the water and power and were out the door that weekend. Like zero personnel, no security, no keys, nothing. Just a giant base full of vehicles, MREs, office supplies, weapons, fuel, parts, etc....

The Afghan base commander didn't even know it was happening until we were already gone. There is usually a handover ceremony, check lists, a transition period where you show the new guy the ropes and you keep some staff around as consultants for as long as needed.

We didn't do that, we loaded our shit and turned off the power/water and bailed.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
        Man, my observation in Iraq (I was in uzbek for 6-8 months, but isolated and afghanistan for transit purposes so can't confirm) was it's heavily tribal based. I'd bet a few bucks that Afghanistan is the same way.

The way I've simplified it all in my head - is instead of a military person having sense of pride of country, they really only cared about their town and whoever their town elders were allied with. e.g. My town of Van Alstyne may be allied against an enemy with Melissa, Anna, Howe, Mckinney and Sherman (Dallas area have a whole other set of tribal connections) - but that's soldier's view of the country would not extend much past that at all. There would also likely be problems among those tribes as well - so not all rainbows and unicorns.

Then mix in a religious overlay - then further back in priority is a national government.

On top of all that is cultural/religious nuances (e.g. if some enemy dude had 20 years ago fed you when hungry - you could not hurt that person) - it's a mess.

They have their way of doing things and the MSM/politicians...etc won't educate the masses on how things really work. They just talk about how we're gonna throw our way of doing things on them, make them like it and move on. It's NEVER going to work. I may have some facts/items messed up for the various stans - but the concepts I'm confident are the same.

I talked to a few LEO type contractors bailing from Iraq. They were trying to train Iraqis and it was a waste of their time, they had no purpose.

I feel no sympathy for any of the people - except for the ones that do stand up and try to actually be united/free and are slaughtered. Well, maybe I do in my older age - but there is literally nothing we can do to make them do things our way - but take over the country, install our police/military/religion/constitution....make it a profitable annex to the US, build a disney park there...and huge prisons for those that do not follow our laws.

It's a whole different way of doing things that I think most Americans do not even know about - much-less are able to comprehend. I cannot understand it - I think you have to grow up there to understand it - even then it's probably just trying to be king of some hill and beat everyone down trying to climb it.
        On my end, I am pretty aware of their tribal culture and religious affiliations/differences. In some ways, it’s not much different than our Native Americans. My concern is the speed in which it all happened (which should or shouldn’t surprise you) and the instant and unilateral “welp, the Taliban runs shit now” headlines.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          On my end, I am pretty aware of their tribal culture and religious affiliations/differences
          I find this to be rare and not w/o good reason - no one tells folks in the US how things work elsewhere and that maybe....just maybe....they also do not give 2 craps how the US does things. I mean that's what this all boils down to really.

When 9/11 happened - kick ass take names and go home. Then we settled in and I though maybe US and allies make a profitable venture out of the whole thing.

Nope.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            I think everyone knew we'd be pulling out of Afghanistan but not like overnight. We handed Bagram over to the ANA on July 2nd and turned off the water and power and were out the door that weekend. Like zero personnel, no security, no keys, nothing. Just a giant base full of vehicles, MREs, office supplies, weapons, fuel, parts, etc....

The Afghan base commander didn't even know it was happening until we were already gone. There is usually a handover ceremony, check lists, a transition period where you show the new guy the ropes and you keep some staff around as consultants for as long as needed.

We didn't do that, we loaded our shit and turned off the power/water and bailed.
            You could almost guarantee we would have been attacked doing any of that shit. Also, who said the Afghan base commander didn't know? The base commander?

Those fucks line their own pockets while fucking over there own troops, and likely ours by selling information.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              On my end, I am pretty aware of their tribal culture and religious affiliations/differences. In some ways, it’s not much different than our Native Americans. My concern is the speed in which it all happened (which should or shouldn’t surprise you) and the instant and unilateral “welp, the Taliban runs shit now” headlines.
              Well whoever is paying the Taliban runs it now. Their "leader" is Abdul Ghani Baradar apparently, he spent 8 years in a Pakistani prison being groomed or interrogated by ISI officers, you know the same guys that went to college across the street from the Bin Laden compound.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                Well whoever is paying the Taliban runs it now. Their "leader" is Abdul Ghani Baradar apparently, he spent 8 years in a Pakistani prison being groomed or interrogated by ISI officers, you know the same guys that went to college across the street from the Bin Laden compound.
                Abdul Ghani Baradar Akhund (Pashto/Dari: عبدالغنی برادراخوند‎; born 1968)[2][3] is an Afghan militant who was co-founder of the Taliban in Afghanistan,[4] and the deputy of its leader, Mohammed Omar. He is known by the honorific Mullah, and Omar nicknamed him 'Baradar', which means 'brother',[5] or Mullah Brother.[6] Baradar was captured in Pakistan by a team of Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) officers in February 2010[7] and was released on 24 October 2018[8] at the request of the United States.[9][10][11] Since his release he played an increasingly influential role within the Afghan Taliban movement..

Fuckin Biden!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post

Fuckin Biden!
                  The ambassador that brokered that deal was David Hale, appointed by Obama and who later testified against President Trump during his impeachment.

He's got a sweet gig at the Wilson Center now and a book deal.

Comment

People forget how many holdovers and career politicians there are. That seems to stymy a lot of the new administration, as we witnessed with Trump it was at every level. Corruption be damned!

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                      The ambassador that brokered that deal was David Hale, appointed by Obama and who later testified against President Trump during his impeachment.

He's got a sweet gig at the Wilson Center now and a book deal.

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/article...lomatic-fellow
                      Fuckin' Obama!

You mean to tell me an Ambassador cannot be replaced or have their deal overturned by a sitting president?

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        Fuckin' Obama!

You mean to tell me an Ambassador cannot be replaced or have their deal overturned by a sitting president?
                        You think a president knows every single thing that's going on, esp if half or more on his staff are traitors?
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          You think a president knows every single thing that's going on, esp if half or more on his staff are traitors?
                          half of his staff are part of the "4th branch of government".. the intelligence community. And trust me, they like being able to show they have power. Watch whats going on right now as the IC throws Biden under the bus. You got leaks to NYTimes and Washington post from the IC on how they told Biden about the Taliban... The spooks have spooks, no politician is untouchable... What did Schumer say ? "they have six ways from Sunday to get back at you " dont fuck with them..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                            So you're saying Trump did not know about the negotiation, even though he bragged about the deal afterwards?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                So you're saying Trump did not know about the negotiation, even though he bragged about the deal afterwards?
                                Sounds about right :-D

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                                X