F150 Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quikag View Post
    Cool I signed on the 20th as well! Looking forward to checking out the Lightning.
    You must have gotten the last spot. Nothing available now.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      It did say only one spot remaining, so I moved quick to reserve it.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
        I'm finally going to check one out on Monday the 20th.
        Cool I signed on the 20th as well! Looking forward to checking out the Lightning.
        Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        It did say only one spot remaining, so I moved quick to reserve it.

Comment

What time you scheduled for? I'm there at 6pm. Fortunately, Commerce City is only a half hour from me.

Comment

How about that rivian thing? Maybe it will be somehow more luxurious? With this truck available, might be kinda pointless to get the rivian
            WH

Comment

What time you scheduled for? I'm there at 6pm. Fortunately, Commerce City is only a half hour from me.
              1:20 is my start time.
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

I got a 1:20 spot too, said there was 5 left when i did mine.. Thanks for posting it up.

Beavis , The rest of us are in Dallas
                WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  How about that rivian thing? Maybe it will be somehow more luxurious? With this truck available, might be kinda pointless to get the rivian
                  The Rivian is smaller than the F150. Also, more expensive. The truck's base price is $67500. The F150 starts at $40K. The base Rivian does have over 300miles of range but the extended range F150 should match that and still be under $50K.

Getting an extended range Rivian (400miles) is going to be about $80K. That said, I do dig the Rivian and I think I'd consider buying one but the F150 probably best fits my needs.

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                  I got a 1:20 spot too, said there was 5 left when i did mine.. Thanks for posting it up.

Beavis , The rest of us are in Dallas
                  You'd think I'd figure that out for myself... hahaha..

Comment

Did anyone make it out to the event or ride in one of these yet?

I was pretty impressed with the performance. If you reserve one on fords website, make sure the dealership doesn't add extra charges upon delivery. I suggest Holiday Ford, Whitesboro, TX. (Salesguy Lawton)

Ford said they would start the orders in December..

The 300 mile range on the extended battery is fine for my daily driver use case. Ford seems to have a good plan for putting up charging centers across various routes. (Some US coverage better than others)
                    WRX

Comment

I was pretty impressed with the performance. If you reserve one on fords website, make sure the dealership doesn't add extra charges upon delivery. I suggest Holiday Ford, Whitesboro, TX. (Salesguy Lawton)

The 300 mile range on the extended battery is fine for my daily driver use case. Ford seems to have a good plan for putting up charging centers across various routes. (Some US coverage better than others)

Is this true. You are not to do a full 100% charge on the EV's?

Comment

easier said than done! I've always thought dodge dealerships were crooks but ford is surpassing them

Comment

The Rivian is smaller than the F150. Also, more expensive. The truck's base price is $67500. The F150 starts at $40K. The base Rivian does have over 300miles of range but the extended range F150 should match that and still be under $50K.

Getting an extended range Rivian (400miles) is going to be about $80K. That said, I do dig the Rivian and I think I'd consider buying one but the F150 probably best fits my needs.
                          Any good reason for the price difference? Rivian is more luxurious or something?
                          WH

Comment

I was there at the 1:20 time frame. Sorry we didn't connect.

I was very impressed with the acceleration and body control around the tight autocross course. That coil suspension and low center of gravity really allowed it to move around the autocross course better than 99% (or 100%?) of the current trucks on the market.

I want one and have a reservation, but what I really want is a 3-motor E-Raptor. Too bad Ford hasn't announced one of those....yet.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

I was there at the 1:20 time frame. Sorry we didn't connect.

I was very impressed with the acceleration and body control around the tight autocross course. That coil suspension and low center of gravity really allowed it to move around the autocross course better than 99% (or 100%?) of the current trucks on the market.

I want one and have a reservation, but what I really want is a 3-motor E-Raptor. Too bad Ford hasn't announced one of those....yet.
                              The weak spot is definitely the tires now, It has plenty of power in the bigger battery version.

I have one on reservation too, but I'm wanting a Pro model close to 40k as possible. I was hoping the extended battery version would be a small upgrade, but in a youtuber said he heard the extended battery would only be available in the XLT model, then an expensive upgrade on top of that, so maybe around 59k total..

If this is the case, I'll have to decide if im still in with a Pro (XL) model at the 40k price point and hope aftermarket bigger battery pack comes out at some point..
                              WRX

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                                Is this true. You are not to do a full 100% charge on the EV's?
                                I think the chargers are smart enough to know when to turn off, but Ford did push basically APP integration with your phone where you can remotely start and stop charging. They are trying to get everyone on a constant phone home module where you can track all you stats and remotely control those aspects and more on your truck.. The presentation we had was targeted towards fleet tho.
                                WRX

Comment

Working...
                                X