Bust Out Another Thousand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
    Bad ass setup, but holy fuck! Is that thing really a quarter mill?
    That’s the part that I don’t get lol
    2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
      Bad ass setup, but holy fuck! Is that thing really a quarter mill?
      Technically the MSRP is more than that, we got it when they still had dealer discounts but in the market right now you'd be lucky to get one under MSRP. I was/am astounded by the prices of these boats, but the fit and finish is really bad ass... like a very high end luxury car on the water kinda nice. Not too long ago I saw a 38' center console twin outboard boat for sale, used, with 500+ hours on it for $485k and suddenly felt much better about the price of this one. That center console had no luxury to it at all, but that seems to be the prices for those which seems truly insane to me. To each his own though.

The good thing about these boats is that the prices just keep going up which means the used boats seem to hold their value very well. My last boat we bought new in 2008 and the sticker on it was $80k (paid like 65k) and it was at the top of the prices back then for the brand, and within $10k of the most expensive boats out there in the wakeboat segment. We used the crap out of it for 13 years, and I got $40k trade for it.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

We grew up on the lake water skiing and tubing. My dad bought a new boat every other year and they were reasonably priced about 10 to 20 percent of the cost of a house brand new. Four years ago my buddy dropped 26k on a 06 Mastercraft and I thought that was kind of high. He kept it in a Marina in Grandbury. Best deal ever, I taught them how to boat, and I had a key to the gate. He left the cover off of it a couple of years ago, got mad at it, and sold it for 15k. I just can't see any advancement, even the next pass, ballast, wave tabs etc, upping the price to 225k. Don't get me wrong, that is a bad ass boat, but damn. I have been eyeballing old school Natiques for a retro resto project.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          We grew up on the lake water skiing and tubing. My dad bought a new boat every other year and they were reasonably priced about 10 to 20 percent of the cost of a house brand new. Four years ago my buddy dropped 26k on a 06 Mastercraft and I thought that was kind of high. He kept it in a Marina in Grandbury. Best deal ever, I taught them how to boat, and I had a key to the gate. He left the cover off of it a couple of years ago, got mad at it, and sold it for 15k. I just can't see any advancement, even the next pass, ballast, wave tabs etc, upping the price to 225k. Don't get me wrong, that is a bad ass boat, but damn. I have been eyeballing old school Natiques for a retro resto project.
          Keep in mind when we ordered this one, we could have ordered the exact same hull on the standard G23 (we got the Paragon) and with few options could have been out the door for about $180k with the trailer. Think of the difference like ordering a Porshce 911 base for 101k or the GT3 for 161k... "Same" car, but not the same. The Paragon is pretty much a fully optioned G23 with a top deck, interior, and tower that are bespoke to it. Compared to my last boat (2007 Supra) this thing is like going from my 1989 Ford Ranger (first car) to my new Silverado features and performance wise.

Is it worth that much? I dunno, that's for each person to decide. For me, if my wealthy uncle hadn't tossed in 100k I likely would have gone with just the regular G23.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            Is it worth that much? I dunno, that's for each person to decide. For me, if my wealthy uncle hadn't tossed in 100k I likely would have gone with just the regular G23.
            IMO it's the same with any "luxury" item, it's only worth it to those who can justify the expense. Were looking at houses currently, and you can pay double for the same 3,500sqft if you want to spend money on crown molding, a grand fireplace, nicer pool deck, upgraded travertine tile, granite counters, etc. It "does" the same thing as the plain house being sold at half the dollar per square foot.

Same for any car over $100k, which won't "do" any more than a loaded Ford or Chevy. Even those with a big enough budget to justify the expense know that there is a steep drop-off of diminishing value per dollar spent, and you really can't even use the word value when speaking about a depreciating asset like a car or boat.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              Keep in mind when we ordered this one, we could have ordered the exact same hull on the standard G23 (we got the Paragon) and with few options could have been out the door for about $180k with the trailer. Think of the difference like ordering a Porshce 911 base for 101k or the GT3 for 161k... "Same" car, but not the same. The Paragon is pretty much a fully optioned G23 with a top deck, interior, and tower that are bespoke to it. Compared to my last boat (2007 Supra) this thing is like going from my 1989 Ford Ranger (first car) to my new Silverado features and performance wise.

Any way you slice it, its a bad ass boat and rig. I like it and if I was into boats (did jet ski's in the mid late 90's) I'd buy that mofo right there. All you need is to strap a Cowskin Rug to it and your good to go...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                IMO it's the same with any "luxury" item, it's only worth it to those who can justify the expense. Were looking at houses currently, and you can pay double for the same 3,500sqft if you want to spend money on crown molding, a grand fireplace, nicer pool deck, upgraded travertine tile, granite counters, etc. It "does" the same thing as the plain house being sold at half the dollar per square foot.

Same for any car over $100k, which won't "do" any more than a loaded Ford or Chevy. Even those with a big enough budget to justify the expense know that there is a steep drop-off of diminishing value per dollar spent, and you really can't even use the word value when speaking about a depreciating asset like a car or boat.
                If we have another crash luxury items will hit rock bottom fast. The last crash we had was when custom bikes were peeking. Those things were bringing 30 to 50k, then they were barely pulling 10k after.

This is no criticism in any way. If I had that kind of dough I would have one sitting in a dock somewhere at my boathouse! I just think that money is flowing freely right now and manufactures are taking advantage of it. My buddy just cleared a quarter million on his house he has lived in maybe two years and it is an hour outside of DFW. Crazy times.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  Any way you slice it, its a bad ass boat and rig. I like it and if I was into boats (did jet ski's in the mid late 90's) I'd buy that mofo right there. All you need is to strap a Cowskin Rug to it and your good to go...
                  Have you seen the price of stand ups!
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    If we have another crash luxury items will hit rock bottom fast. The last crash we had was when custom bikes were peeking. Those things were bringing 30 to 50k, then they were barely pulling 10k after.

This is no criticism in any way. If I had that kind of dough I would have one sitting in a dock somewhere at my boathouse! I just think that money is flowing freely right now and manufactures are taking advantage of it. My buddy just cleared a quarter million on his house he has lived in maybe two years and it is an hour outside of DFW. Crazy times.
                    True, but we bought the last boat at the beginning of 08 and kept it till this year... Pretty safe bet we won't be getting rid of this one soon either no matter what the market does.

Stevo

Comment

At the lake this last weekend a friend also brought their boat out and snagged this pic of me surfing, I thought it looked cool and would share here.

Stevo

Comment

Looks like fun. Me personally never been a lake guy, but I love the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          Looks like fun. Me personally never been a lake guy, but I love the beach.
                          I'm the other way, I don't care for salt water.

Stevo

Comment

I love the beach but hate the sand. Lol or at least the sand that never leaves my kids clothes. >

Comment

I'm partial to the Malibu's.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                                I'm partial to the Malibu's.
                                They are sweet and we tested a M240 before pulling the trigger on the P23, but the fit and finish just isn't on the same level as the Nautique. The M240 wave is sweet, but the interior just isn't as sweet. I did buy my surf board in that pic from WSA though! (Also we need to go flying sometime man, I've got a new flat foamy on the way I should be able to maiden next week)

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X