No announcement yet.

Got a mid-school BMX bike again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s awesome. I saw the first 1/4 of your first (gigantic) photo and said “that’s a Robinson!” The aluminum frame race rigs from my teens started my love for gorgeous welding. GT/Robinson/Powerlite and SE notoriously buffer and polished bare aluminum frames and they looked great. Fantastic set up too. My ugly ass street bike needs some love sometime soon.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      That’s awesome. I saw the first 1/4 of your first (gigantic) photo and said “that’s a Robinson!” The aluminum frame race rigs from my teens started my love for gorgeous welding. GT/Robinson/Powerlite and SE notoriously buffer and polished bare aluminum frames and they looked great. Fantastic set up too. My ugly ass street bike needs some love sometime soon.
      You just need a bigger monitor, it fits fine on my 32" curved...
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Fucking Deebo riding around the neighborhood.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          Fucking Deebo riding around the neighborhood.
          Who's Deebo? I don't understand the reference.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            Who's Deebo? I don't understand the reference.

The huge black guy with one crazy eye from the movie Friday.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Man that bike is sexy!
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                Ahh haven't seen that in forever.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Man that bike is sexy!
                  Thanks man!

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post

Comment

• my dream bikes when i was a kid but i never got it was a 1987 GT Performer and a 1986 Schwinn Predator

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        my dream bikes when i was a kid but i never got it was a 1987 GT Performer and a 1986 Schwinn Predator

https://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/schwinn/116107
                        Both are awesome! I wasn't as into the freestyle as I was racing, but always appreciated them!

Stevo

Comment

• I could have sworn Deebo rode a BMX. Looks like a old Schwinn though. I had a Supergoose back in the day all decked out, my sister left in the ditch at the end of the yard and it got stolen. I remember going down to Wheeler Dealer and eyeballing the cranks all the time. My cousin had a Redline II something or other and man that was a really nice bike.

How odd is it to ride that thing at our age? I just feel like I would be cramped on one, I do love unique bikes though. I just built up a Retro Colnago Dream and my cruiser is a Van Dessell WTF with Jones bars and a Brooks seat. Still undecided on the seat.
                          Last edited by kingjason; 10-07-2021, 02:32 AM.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

https://youtu.be/p5Hp_Y1eDoc
                            How odd is it to ride that thing at our age? I just feel like I would be cramped on one, I do love unique bikes though. I just built up a Retro Colnago Dream and my cruiser is a Van Dessell WTF with Jones bars and a Brooks seat. Still undecided on the seat.
                            Just get a cruiser. They make some nice 24's,26's and 29 ers.

And the old guys are back at the track btw. I hit Desoto after I turned 50. Haven't been to the track since I moved to the Hill Country, but I have 2 within an hour of here. I have to say though, Spyder Mountain is my favorite right now. Its an hour up the road as well

Comment

https://youtu.be/p5Hp_Y1eDoc

I could have sworn Deebo rode a BMX. Looks like a old Schwinn though. I had a Supergoose back in the day all decked out, my sister left in the ditch at the end of the yard and it got stolen. I remember going down to Wheeler Dealer and eyeballing the cranks all the time. My cousin had a Redline II something or other and man that was a really nice bike.

For the bike that started this thread it's only a 19.5" top tube so it's a bit cramped, but this new Amtrac is longer and less cramped.

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                              Just get a cruiser. They make some nice 24's,26's and 29 ers.

And the old guys are back at the track btw. I hit Desoto after I turned 50. Haven't been to the track since I moved to the Hill Country, but I have 2 within an hour of here. I have to say though, Spyder Mountain is my favorite right now. Its an hour up the road as well
                              I have never ridden a cruiser, but want to try one. Haven't been to a track since I was a kid... not sure it'd be smart for me to try that.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post

I have never ridden a cruiser, but want to try one. Haven't been to a track since I was a kid... not sure it'd be smart for me to try that.
                                Shortly after building a bike for my son I thought my ass was gonna start being extreme again and busted my ass and sprained my ankle.. late 30’s when it happened.. won’t be trying stupid shit again lol
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X