Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
    Seriously?

If a country forbids us from using their airspace, we're not going to blatantly ignore them and use it anyways. Especially a country with a capable air force and enemy air defense system. We're not going to go to war with another country for the sake of using their airspace.
    I'm not saying we will, but we can, if we so desire.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      I'm not saying we will, but we can, if we so desire.
      Sure, and while we're at it, might as well use Iran's airspace too. That would actually save us millions in fuel costs while we're in Afghanistan.

Comment

Sure, and while we're at it, might as well use Iran's airspace too. That would actually save us millions in fuel costs while we're in Afghanistan.
        Both of my statements still apply, with the exception of the money to Iran.

Comment

We are not going to cross into Pakastani airspace without permission at this point. There is no doubt in my mind regarding this.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            dirt worshipers
            rofl

Comment

Crossing their airspace isn't an issue, if we're willing to get our hands dirty and take out their AA sites and deal with any aircraft they decide to send up. But I doubt that Pakistan will want to bite the hand *too* much because we give them tons of money.
              Negative. We can't play like that.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Seriously?

If a country forbids us from using their airspace, we're not going to blatantly ignore them and use it anyways. Especially a country with a capable air force and enemy air defense system. We're not going to go to war with another country for the sake of using their airspace.
                We did just that when we snuck into pakistan to kill Bin Ladin, but that was a means to an end, not the means itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  Negative. We can't play like that.
                  I'm not saying it would be smart, or even remotely a possibility, but we have the capability.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                    We did just that when we snuck into pakistan to kill Bin Ladin, but that was a means to an end, not the means itself.
                    What does this have to do with anything?

We are not forbidden from using Pakistan's airspace; it's literally the way in and out of Afghanistan. The Bin Laden raid was a little different in that we actually conducted combat inside of Pakistan.

Comment

I'm not saying it would be smart, or even remotely a possibility, but we have the capability.
                      We have the capability to make the entire ME a parking lot, but it doesn't mean we're going to do it. You're grasping here.

Comment

We have the capability to make the entire ME a parking lot, but it doesn't mean we're going to do it. You're grasping here.
                        Glassing a region =/= taking over airspace

Apples an oranges, my friend.

Comment

There are all manner of things we could do, none of them even worth mentioning, just like using airspace without permission.

Comment

Glassing a region =/= taking over airspace

Apples an oranges, my friend.
                            Technically, he's using hyperbole to make a point. He's not directly comparing the two.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Don't bother guys. It's like arguing with a 5 year old.

Comment

Don't bother guys. It's like arguing with a 5 year old.

Comment

Working...
                                X