1965 Chevy Bel Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 Chevy Bel Air

So a chick i know from some random hippy pary stuff that goes on here in town. She has a roomate who has this 1965 Bel Air. They are hard up for cash so the dude had called one of those we buy junk cars places. they offered him $150 to haul it off.

She posted this morning on "Fagbook" asking if anyone would give him more. Of course a couple people jumped in before me and said they were interested, but luckily being she only knows other hippies they are all broke. I text her immediately and told her I'd give $1,000 for it and bring a trailer.

I hate count my eggs before they hatch, but she text me back to say there was a guy who was supposed to be coming, but she hadnt heard from him in a few hours, so she gave him 2 hours and text me back to say it's mine. I'll be meeting her at lunch for the title, keys, and to put my eyes on it.

From what I know they were cruising it around just as recent as last spring, when "the oil pump went out", not sure what al that entails until i get there, but holy shit, this thing for $1,000??!?

What says the peanut gallery??

What I am thinking is just a basic black paint job, black steelies with dog dish caps, and depending on whats up with the motor, either a basic rebuild or find an take out big block from an RV or something, backed by whatever trans is in it.

What would you do?

PFA

THE BAD HOMBRE

Looks slow.

Comment

keeps me outta jail.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

good buy

Comment

So did you buy it or just asking in case you do buy it?

Comment

I support your thoughts on buying it.

Comment

Seems reasonable. Reminds me a little of the 2-door '67 Galaxie I bought for $800 some years back, although it was in somewhat better condition. It was said at the time that I was likely saving it from becoming some kid's lowrider.

Comment

Bought it. SEB is helping me pick it up in the morning. Ill update pics. I think it just needs an oil pan gasket... We will see.
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  Seems reasonable. Reminds me a little of the 2-door '67 Galaxie I bought for $800 some years back, although it was in somewhat better condition. It was said at the time that I was likely saving it from becoming some kid's lowrider.
                  Things that didnt happen for $300
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Interesting car. I had a 65 Impala SS, ugly green with the green interior, it had the 2 speed glide on the floor and the small 283 block. Cool car, but as usual, a car you don't think anything about and I sold it on the cheap...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                      Things that didnt happen for $300
                      Good to see you still get butthurt by being upstaged, but you should have gotten used to that by now after what is likely a lifetime of mediocrity on your behalf. Decent car nonetheless, enjoy.

Comment

I think if you don’t know what an oil pump in a SBC entails then you might want to take up stamp collecting, Barbara.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by FAKENEWSFUCKTARD View Post
                          "the oil pump went out"

Originally posted by FAKNEWSCUCKLETARD View Post
                          I think it just needs an oil pan gasket...
                          Are you one of those dumb motherfuckers who believes a leaky gasket can affect oil pressure?

Comment

I like it. Is that model and being a coupe rare? Also for that price it's practically nothing, so that's a bonus. Keep it OG, clean it up and roll with it IMO.

Comment

I like the 65 Impala SS roof line better, but you can't really beat it for the price.

Comment

Working...
                              X