Police: Woman killed as stunt drivers takeover Dallas street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police: Woman killed as stunt drivers takeover Dallas street

The fatal shooting happened while about 60 vehicles were gathered to race and perform stunts in the intersection of Duncanville Road and West Ledbetter Drive.

DALLAS - A woman was fatally shot as stunt drivers who took over a Dallas intersection overnight.

It happened around 10:40 p.m. Sunday near Duncanville Road and West Ledbetter Drive. About 60 vehicles were blocking the intersection to race and perform stunts.

According to witnesses, someone at the location had earlier fired a handgun.

Police believe 54-year-old Lynetta Washington was walking down the street and may have had an exchange of words with the drivers before she was shot.

The cars all drove off when officers arrived. Washington was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police had the road closed off for about three hours as detectives and crime scene investigators gathered evidence.

They are reviewing security video from a nearby business in hopes of identifying the shooter.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 214-373-8477.
    sigpic

Television. Television is the explanation for this - you see this in bad television......that shit never happens in real life! Professionals don't do that!

Comment

This happened down the street from me. Pretty sad that in this part of town, that the street racers can take over like this with impunity. Maybe I'm getting old. But at least back in the day we kept it to warehouse areas and away from neighborhoods.

Comment

My mom lives a few miles from there. Hell Kiest use to be the big drag strip hang out.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Ahhh, California Crossing. Royal Lane, Forest Lane.

I'm old.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post

I'm old.
            Please....Carter High school off I-20 in the hood is old.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post

I'm old.
              Many of the formative events of my life occurred in the locations you just listed.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                This happened down the street from me. Pretty sad that in this part of town, that the street racers can take over like this with impunity. Maybe I'm getting old. But at least back in the day we kept it to warehouse areas and away from neighborhoods.
                The dipshits doing “takeovers” aren’t street racers.

Street racers are still doing what they were doing 15 years ago - Sitting in parking lots and side streets away from people, avoiding guys like the ones shutting down intersections/interstates doing burnouts, donuts, and shooting at people.

Comment

that is no lie bro, you have to pay a "security" fee as part of your buy in at a real race.

Comment

stunt drivers?

Comment

Working...
                    X