Anyone own a TRX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a TRX?

I’m looking at either getting another Raptor or a TRX at the end of the year. The MSRP of the Raptor has jumped a lot but HP hasn’t. I like the 37” tire option, but that pushes pricing to $80K. For that much, I might as well look at the TRX.

Miyako and I got a good look at one last week and its not a bad looking truck. The interior is much more luxurious than the Raptors. So at this point I’m just looking into it. I may pull the trigger in December or early next year. My dealer has stated he can get me one at MSRP with his 2022 allocation. I’m not sure I believe him, But he didn’t screw me over when I bought the Jeep.

So does anyone here have one? What is your experience with them.

I got nothin, but solid barg.

Comment

Raptor's gotta be better than the trx. Just gotta
      WH

Comment

Ford > Dodge and evidently you have the choo choo bearskin rug money. Yes, jealous and I even have a clapped out Dodge.

CN

Comment

My brother is getting one and has an order in for a '22 that he will hopefully get in a few months. I'm looking forward to driving it and comparing to my '19 Raptor.

I agree at $80k with the 37" package with basically the same 3.5L Ecoboost, it's hard not to consider the TRX for a bit more with it's Hellcat monster over the new Gen 3 Raptor.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

I love raptors but it would be a TRX or wait for a Raptor R if I was buying new. Personally I hope the V8 Raptor and TRX drive down the price of the used V6s next year or year after when I'll be looking to replace my KR.

Comment

I'm ready to see the raptor on 37" tires fuel economy. I put 37" tires on my 14 f250 and lost 3 mpg. Just went back to 35" tires. It's only got about a 26 gallon tank.

I drive too much to have something that won't get 17mpg hwy. My 17 f250 makes almost 600 hp and will get 18@75mph on 35" tires. And still tows incredibly well

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                Raptor's gotta be better than the trx. Just gotta
                In actual off roading ability, I think the Raptor is still better. But we'll have to see them head to head at some point.

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                I love raptors but it would be a TRX or wait for a Raptor R if I was buying new. Personally I hope the V8 Raptor and TRX drive down the price of the used V6s next year or year after when I'll be looking to replace my KR.
                The problem with the Raptor R is that I fully expect the starting price to be AT LEAST $90K. It wouldn't surprise me if it was $100K. That's before options and dealer markup. Also, the GT-500's V8 is hand built. Ford hasn't said it but I suspect the Raptor R will be built in VERY limited numbers.

I haven't made any decisions yet. Just investigating at this point. My wife basically gave me a sign off on doing it when we checked it out at the dealer.

Comment

I know the Trex is a litter faster but nothing a tune, down pipes and cai won't take care of on the SVT. And I firmly believe the Raptor will out do it in anything off road. For the money I would get the Raptor and mods, but I know a few people that have gotten good dodge trucks, the other 95%, well you know the story by now...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

TRX all day, every day.

Comment

Personally, I'd start with a lower model and spend the savings on the exact mods I want. If you do the research, and especially if you can do some of the work yourself, you can spend less overall and come out with a much more capable end result. That said, if you don't keep vehicles long, you'd probably just take a hit on everything you spent on aftermarket stuff, where the resale on the relatively unmolested special edition trucks might make them a wiser choice.

Comment

My last two Jeeps are really my first foray into modding my vehicles. The newest Rubicon has $12K in mods already. But I'm not sure I'd mod this more than outfitting it for my overlanding trips.

You're spot on that I could mod the hell out of something like a Laramie or Rebel but it's the 702hp Hellcat engine that really separates this from anything else. Also, the Bilstein live shocks and others off road mods do get fairly pricey when going DIY. I once did a comparison of my Raptor's and the Lariat F150. The cost of modding the Lariat put it very close to the MSRP of a Raptor. Of course the Raptor came with a warranty. I pulled the trigger when I got the Raptor for $9K under sticker.

Comment

Drove the TRX for a few days and I will say it was AWESOME! Hauled ass for what it is, go into sport mod and hold on. the supercharger whine is a glorious sound. Fucked with a few cars, super comfy and quite. Got lots of looks and questions, overall would do again!

Comment

No TRX, but I've loved all my Rams (2012+). Just under half a million miles on them and only had one major repair and 2 minor repairs. Major repair was a new cam and lifters (the MDS lifters are known to seize), and I bought that truck knowing it had the issue. Both minor repairs were a/c evaps (one got a hole from road debris, the other just old, dirty, and clogged).

The TRX should be immune to the lifter issue because I believe it shares the non MDS lifters with the Hellcat and as for the evap - They finally started putting cabin filters on them and that should help the evap significantly. I can't say enough good about the current generation and I WILL own more. These aren't the same old Rams they they've been from the 80s- early 00's. The ride is great, they don't rattle, and they are very reliable. Fuel mileage could be a bit better, but they aren't as bad as the Tundras and if you're buying a TRX I don't think you care about that anyways.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              No TRX, but I've loved all my Rams (2012+). Just under half a million miles on them and only had one major repair and 2 minor repairs. Major repair was a new cam and lifters (the MDS lifters are known to seize), and I bought that truck knowing it had the issue. Both minor repairs were a/c evaps (one got a hole from road debris, the other just old, dirty, and clogged).

The TRX should be immune to the lifter issue because I believe it shares the non MDS lifters with the Hellcat and as for the evap - They finally started putting cabin filters on them and that should help the evap significantly. I can't say enough good about the current generation and I WILL own more. These aren't the same old Rams they they've been from the 80s- early 00's. The ride is great, they don't rattle, and they are very reliable. Fuel mileage could be a bit better, but they aren't as bad as the Tundras and if you're buying a TRX I don't think you care about that anyways.

I had a Ram 1500 Longhorn. There really were only two things I disliked. The massive badges on it and the very hard seats that were murder on my back. The seats have been redesigned since then and I no longer have back issues that would amplify an discomfort (weightlifting FTW). Other than those things, it was a fantastic truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X