No announcement yet.

Quitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So an employer can demand you get any medical procedure as a condition of employment?

Comment

^^^ I can just see the shit storm if an employer mandates that all female employees must be on birth control.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        So an employer can demand you get any medical procedure as a condition of employment?
        Define “medical procedure”.

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        ^^^ I can just see the shit storm if an employer mandates that all female employees must be on birth control.
        That would likely be considered sex discrimination, and would not be allowed under existing federal labor laws, i.e. the Civil Rights Act.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Positive incentive to get it, or just avoiding increased insurance rates to not get it (e.g. Delta Airlines $200/month charge) ?
          Nah, more like- "if you get the vax we will give you thousands of dollars."
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            Define “medical procedure”.

That would likely be considered sex discrimination, and would not be allowed under existing federal labor laws, i.e. the Civil Rights Act.
            I can see the shitstorm If an employer required everyone to be on birth control regardless of their assigned at birth gender. Making a assigned at Birth male take birth control pills is about as useful as the covid vaccines and just as nonsensical.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              Nah, more like- "if you get the vax we will give you thousands of dollars."
              Currently, I'm happy where I am (I make enough money to be comfortable, no company mandates, nothing looming, etc) and my wife owns her own business and isn't going to fire herself... at the moment I'd say no amount. Obviously the more commas put on the number the more the conversation changes, but to stay practical my answer right now would be "no factor."

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                I can see the shitstorm If an employer required everyone to be on birth control regardless of their assigned at birth gender. Making a assigned at Birth male take birth control pills is about as useful as the covid vaccines and just as nonsensical.
                You’re losing your way here, no surprise. This thread and my recent response was concerned only with employer mandates regarding COVID vaccination as one of their policies for all employees. Not this sort of off-the-wall birth control BS, comical though it is. Shouldn’t be long before OSHA vaccination regulations are issued.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  You’re losing your way here, no surprise. This thread and my recent response was concerned only with employer mandates regarding COVID vaccination as one of their policies for all employees. Not this sort of off-the-wall birth control BS, comical though it is. Shouldn’t be long before OSHA vaccination regulations are issued.
                  See this is where you miss a big concept. You either have personal liberty, bodily autonomy, and freedom or you do not. I don’t really care if it’s a “vaccine” or a lobotomy. Personal rights and freedoms are far more important than corporate rights or the whims of wannabe dictators.

Like I’ve always said the root of all problems in our country is education. If the average person could read and comprehend The Constitution, Supreme Court case history or laws, this all disappears in seconds. Stupid people are willing to accept anything social media or the TV tells them even outright lies.

Comment

You have the personal liberty, bodily autonomy, and freedom to terminate your employment if you disagree with the policies of your employer. Last I checked employment at any given employer is not a “right” bestowed on employees.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      See this is where you miss a big concept. You either have personal liberty, bodily autonomy, and freedom or you do not. I don’t really care if it’s a “vaccine” or a lobotomy. Personal rights and freedoms are far more important than corporate rights or the whims of wannabe dictators.

You're right, personal rights are a key issue, but for the purposes of this discussion being able to stay on topic and not latching onto one of many logical fallacies is key. This thread is about Covid vaccines - to somehow pivot to a nonexistent mandated male birth control is a non sequitur. Sure, in your head there may be some hypothetical path to that end, but that's not the topic and this isn't the place. If someone on "the other side" came in here and introduced that idea, sure, argue against it, but when some batshit idea comes from within the echo chamber (strawman argument) you need to ignore it and move on.

This is exactly why it's so hard for both sides to discuss these topics.

Comment

The problem with both of your contentions is that you place no limits on what corporations or unelected gov’t officials can demand, or what elected officials can demand without a vote. Forcing men to take birth control probably isn’t as far fetched as you claim. SVO likes

to use the “outrageous” to make a valid point. It makes the point no less valid. Given all the outrageous things we see today like former men beating the crap out of women in MMA in the name of “gender equality,” it’s not really that outrageous or far fetched.

We are on the slippery slope sliding fast, but denial and fear clearly still rule humanity in the USA.

No one actually reads technical or legal literature and sees how outside the law and dishonest the media and many gov’t officials are being. That requires too much thought and effort.

So transitioning males on female birth control is too far out there, but grade schoolers on hormone blockers and opposite sex hormones is a okay….. the mental gymnastics required to justify this kind of stuff is exhausting.

It’s pretty hard to have a discussion with anyone that cannot see the disparity there.

I’d say personal freedoms are far more important than corporate decrees. Are all these CEOs doctors? Are they practicing medicine without a license? That’s against the law in case you didn’t know. Clearly no one cares about laws anymore. We’re so afraid now, law has no place in society.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          A lot of friends and family members bitched about having to get a third vaccine booster. I know if our government ever mentions a fourth vaccine booster as a requirement then shit's going to hit the fan! A lot of people are going to buck up over that

Doubtful that the shit's going to hit the fan if another booster is mandated. The sheep bitched and moaned but they walked willingly into the slaughterhouse already at least twice. They'll go again....willingly.

Comment

Based on most studies coming out of Israel vaccine effectiveness is the only thing falling faster than approval ratings. More boosters will be mandated. According to FDA today you can boost any vaccine with any vaccine. Got Moderna? How about a Pfizer or J&J booster? It’s not like this violates any medical protocols put in place for a hundred years. Get ready because every line drawn in the sand has been and will be crossed.

You’ll love your boosters, and you’ll have a sweet app to keep track of them all on. I’m sure you’ll level up and unlock achievement points for you little booster avatar too and that will allow you extra time outside maskless too!

Denial ain’t just a big ole river that flows north.

Comment

Will getting the shot boost your ESG score ? asking for a friend

Comment

@AnthonyS these CEOs you claim are practicing medicine without a license aren’t infringing on anyone’s freedoms, if any of their employees are opposed to their corporate policies those employees have complete freedom to leave.

@slow84lx who exactly is “mandating” another booster, and who are these sheep you claim are bitching and moaning? The only bitching and moaning seems to be coming from some of those opposed to COVID vaccination policies in the workplace, and as I opined above those individuals have the absolute right to do so as well as terminate their employment if they so choose. Clarify please.
                                Last edited by The King; 10-21-2021, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X