What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
    Nice to see you guys have it all worked out.

If only someone would have warned you about that nylon PS washer.

Are you not concerned the extreme rich condition may have damaged the rings or cylinder? Maybe a leakdown just for good measure?
    My washers at the rack are brand new. The washer at the pump was replaced with a o-ring and a larger machined washer. They held up fine. BUT my line I built did not fare so well. The teflon interior of the steel braid broke in a perfect circle inside the hose end fitting. Should have it back Monday from Kim's Hose in Ft Worth. Hopefully it is not too short but just in case I have some more -6 teflon Earl's Speedflex coming.

We are getting a getting a very lite puff from the breathers right now, and it is very minimal. There is a electric vacuum pump that comes on at 3lbs of boost and it pulls vacuum on the crankcase to help keep the seals and rings in check.

I pulled a leak down and compression on just number 5 and they seem to be fine. Fact of the matter is it needs more miles still. The motor only has roughly 500. So I am going to have to take it easy for a little bit longer to give the rings a fare chance.

Oh, and once I got the breather lines, pump and the canisters, we put most of the big power runs on it on the dyno. I checked the canisters this morning and they are dry.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
      Eh... Evidently it's broke. I think Kieth's fudging just a tad.

David
      Fudging would have been to post the 720+ corrected graph. How would that have made you feel?

Comment

• Love the thread. Love the dyno video that almost shook the camera off the stand. Love the car. I wanna do nasty things to it. *drools*
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          Fudging would have been to post the 720+ corrected graph. How would that have made you feel?

Small(er).

David

Comment

• Not sure how I missed the part about it being the line itself. My mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
              Small(er).

David

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
              Love the thread. Love the dyno video that almost shook the camera off the stand. Love the car. I wanna do nasty things to it. *drools*
              Thanks. I think if you watch the end of the run the camera starts to settle BACK to where it started. That tells me it was moving a little but most of what you are seeing is the interals in the camera freaking out.

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
              Not sure how I missed the part about it being the line itself. My mistake.
              No worries. I am positive that I am the reason the teflon inner line broke anyway. I was not using a cut off wheel to chop the line. Instead I used a hose cutter which collapsed the inside. I figured I had it good just by opening it but apparently I was dead wrong.

Comment

• The makings of a single 4" exhaust

If it were not for the dividing plate, you could send a softball through this thing.

My Painless Performance remote start and new switch for the push button on the dash arrived also. I just need to find a good place to mount it.

Comment

• Cheap shot under the car on my first attempt of playing with all the joints.
                  I used a 3.5"ID to a 4"OD coupler and a 4"ID 45* to a 4"OD so far to get to the straight.

It is hanging a little in this picture. There is plenty of room for me to tuck it up so it looks parrallel to the subframes.

Comment

• Damn. That stuff got there quick.

David

Comment

My Painless Performance remote start and new switch for the push button on the dash arrived also. I just need to find a good place to mount it.

Uber crappy ipod pic but you get the rough idea. Here's where I put mine.
                      It's the bright red light....
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                        Uber crappy ipod pic but you get the rough idea. Here's where I put mine.
                        It's the bright red light....
                        Interesting. Now come over and drill my dash cause I don't think I can do it.

I was thinking about the shifter bezel or something I can replace if I muck it up.

Comment

• Happy to do it if you're serious. (I doubt the sincerity ;-)). Its easy, just a small hole saw. :-)
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Happy to do it if you're serious. (I doubt the sincerity ;-)). Its easy, just a small hole saw. :-)
                            I am off Thursday through Sunday. You are welcome to come over. We should be working on it all weekend.

Comment

I am off Thursday through Sunday. You are welcome to come over. We should be working on it all weekend.
                              Free pizza!!!

David

Comment

Happy to do it if you're serious. (I doubt the sincerity ;-)). Its easy, just a small hole saw. :-)
                                i'd use a uni-bit myself, then i'd trial fit it after each step up.

i like a real tight hole though

Comment

Working...
                                X